AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I must be the first "lucky" person who has been unable to make the bypass work. :x I am able to get the parking brake warning to go off after moving the wire, but the DVD cuts off @ ~10mph. I just rechecked the mute wire and it has a good ground. I have also used the reset feature. So... here are a couple of questions I have;

1. Did you have to restore to the factory settings?

2. When you go into Hardware Info screen, then Connection Status screen should the parking brake show on or off? Mine shows on.

3. My unit was received last week, but was manufactured 3/07.

4. What else should I check?

Well I found my problem and all I can say is be careful when removing the mute wire. I did not view the directions closely enough and tried to "push" the wire out of the socket a little too aggressively. I had enlarged the end of the mute wire and it was making contact only part of the time when connected to the unit. :oops:

I removed the wire and squeezed it back down to size and now all is good!

:D

Thanks!

Hey guys, bought my D3 yesterday and installed it today. I used a pick, easily plucked the mute wire out, and snapped it into the correct position. I grounded this to the radio harness kit ground wire, this wire I then grounded to the parking brake wire and the AVIC ground wire, and ran that to the chasis as well. So it is grounded to the harness and the chasis also. I checked the connections and went into the info screen and saw the parking brake was "off". Is this a late production D3 error? I consider myself pretty good with electronics, mobile electronics and I even saw several questions go unanswered in here. One was, in some cases, (maybe later units) do these wires have to be grounded individually or can they all be tied in together and grounded to the chasis?

Guys, I pulled my connector out of the unit and I saw this brownish, amber colored (paint?) on the tip of the last two male pins on the D3 itself. I'm going to try and scrape these off somehow. Maybe it was Pioneer's way of trying to stop the bypass? Anyway, any other tricks I should try? I'm getting a little frustrated. The parking wire, i snipped and spliced right into the radio's ground. Why does it still show it as being "off" in the info screen? If this werent a good ground the radio wouldn't even power up. :confused:

It's a 1997 Nissan Maxima BTW. I used to have an N1 so I left the reverse signal and the speed signal and GPS antenna still there from the N1 wiring.

hi, there. i'm a total no0b and from what i've been hearing about the avic-d3 bypass is that you need to change the position of the mute wire, ground it and then ground the parking brake wire, too. but what's all this talk i'm hearing about a vss wire? i understand it's the vehicle speed sensor, but what am i supposed to do with it and how come i never see it mentioned regarding avic-d3 bypass till now. please help, i thought it was easy until i heard of this vss business!

hi, there. i'm a total no0b and from what i've been hearing about the avic-d3 bypass is that you need to change the position of the mute wire, ground it and then ground the parking brake wire, too. but what's all this talk i'm hearing about a vss wire? i understand it's the vehicle speed sensor, but what am i supposed to do with it and how come i never see it mentioned regarding avic-d3 bypass till now. please help, i thought it was easy until i heard of this vss business!

The VSS wire is used to determine your exact speed. The GPS can use satellites to calculate your speed and it works pretty well, but sometimes it can be off. By using the VSS, the GPS is able to show your location more acurately.

I don't use the VSS wire and it works just fine.

I just got a d3 and was wondering if there was any truth to the post where the guy said the most recent produced units cant be bypassed? This one was manufactured date of April 2007.i saw alot of peeps list a date of march 2007. my real question is has anyone else got an april 2007 unit that they have bypassed ? and did it work?

I have a D3 manufactured in April and it works

I just got a d3 and was wondering if there was any truth to the post where the guy said the most recent produced units cant be bypassed? This one was manufactured date of April 2007.i saw alot of peeps list a date of march 2007. my real question is has anyone else got an april 2007 unit that they have bypassed ? and did it work?

MOD EDIT: Fixed your post.