AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

Bypass worked fine for me. Only problem I had was when I removed the mute wire, the solder slid off, leaving just bare wire. That created too loose of a connection when I placed it in the new slot, and it fell out. Not having a soldering iron, I stripped off more insulation and folded the wire in half to increase it's size. It works fine so far.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I appreciate the posts and messages from all of you - especially cntrylvr79 and Reach.

I'm ready to go and install (will do the whole shebang myself sometime this week). I already got the harnesses ready (mute wire switched and attached to parking brake wire from D-3 & attached to ground on harness and D-3 harness).

I still have a couple of questions though:

1. Does anyone know where the speed sensor and which wire I need to connect to in a 1999 Honda Odyssey?

2. Same vehicle - where is the reverse signal wire?

Other than these two wires - I'm ready to go. Still waiting on some infinity reference speakers and install tools from Crutchfield. Not only do they have the 15% off pioneer deal - they have $50 off $250 which is good for speakers / amps whatever of any brand.

Again thanks for the help and if anyone knows where the speed sensor and/or reverse wires are in my Odyssey - PLEASE let me know.

r123

r123, I have NEVER done anything with mobile electronics, it was extremely simple to follow the picture (ONCE BEST BUY INSTALLED THE WHOLE THING). I just simply stripped the ground wire and twisted off the mute and parking brake wire......I also had to cut the parking brake wire that Best Buy installed. If i didnt cut the parking brake wire it still would of worked but the "brake" light would have remained on. Hope that helps....feel free to ask anything else

when you "stripped the ground wire and twisted off the mute and parking brake wire" do you have any pictures of the final connection. the diagram on the first page of this thread shows where to put the mute wire... but i just want to make sure i ground the mute and parking break wires successfully.

also... is it clear which wire is the ground wire? (is it just black?) thanks!

just installed my d3 in a 05 corolla. bypass worked for me, ipod is great and now im waiting for my bluetooth unit to come in. this site is bad ass, i found all the information needed to set up the bypass and the vss wire in my toyota. big thanks to all avic 411 people.

-DRFT84-

can someone please post pics of how what the final connection should look like? with the grounded wires?

i know that the first post has a picture of what to connect... but i think it would be really great to have a "before" and "after" pic for those of us who hesitate to cut and solder wires :)

Ok so i have a very newbie question and i was looking for it and i did not find it being answered so i do apologize before hand, anyways...i have a ground wire with the pin from an old pioneer deck, can i just insert into the empty slot ground it with the PB and put a switch, yes i wanna do a switch, and be on my very merry way....i have done like 3 or 4 d3 installs already, i have a small company i am trying to start up on long island, and eveyone was asking me about it. soo let me know what you guys think or am i just talking out of my a$$...