AVIC411.com

CarPlay !!! (Reviews, ...)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i'd like to figure out if i can just have a lightning cable running from USB2 to function Carplay and still have my lightning/Vga/HDMI adapter to function appradio if i want to... but as of now no confirmation on if appradio is permanently disable to test this out.

AppRadio still works... I am an idiot (and I never used AppRadio other than to try it out when I first got the unit). Just make sure the connection type is set to Digital AV Adapter. You won't be able to set up USB1 for AppRadio and USB2 for CarPlay... The Smartphone Setup settings are universal for both USB ports. Also, CarPlay only works on USB1 for me.

ok ... forgive my ignorance ... been lurking here for info for a while since I got NEX 8000 earlier this year.... 

I've installed the firmware update, went to smartphone setup and turned on Carplay, tried the usb lightning connection (moving from hdmi/lightning adapter) and still don't see CarPlay showing up.  It shows up in the setup menu .... what am I missing? 

Power off the phone entirely, then power it on.  this happened to several folks and a phone reset activates it.  make sure you are on usb1

Power off the phone entirely, then power it on.  this happened to several folks and a phone reset activates it.  make sure you are on usb1

I tried plugging my iPhone into USB2. Not only does CarPlay not work, but it prevents CarPlay from working on USB1 until the phone is rebooted! USB2 seems totally useless right now... Not sure if my wife will be able to play her music on USB2 through her iphone when she is in the car with me.

is it just me or does the quality of the icons/layout and color look really shitty

is it just me or does the quality of the icons/layout and color look really shitty

They look good on my end, but they got a little screwed up when I switched everything over to AppRadio and then back to CarPlay... Rebooting my phone fixed that.

The Digital AV Adapter still works for AppRadio and video over HDMI! Granted, it isn't as elegant as it would be through CarPlay.

Yeah, i want to try carplay. But for how i got everything setup in my vehicle it becomes a hastle to switch back and forth. hmm.... has to be something i can do.

Well ... i still had it on usb 2 with hdmi/lightning connector.   My USB1 has a thumbdrive ... plugged in another lightning cable and all works fine.   Guess I need to reverse the USB connections on the back of the unit so I can have access to both thumbdrive and carplay at same time. 

OK so if I don't give a crap about AppRadio then I should take out my VGA/Lightning adapter from USB1 and replace it with a straight USB Lighting cable only and AppRadio be damned? AppRadio looked cool but it was so annoying as every time I wanted to use an app (Waze for example), I couldn't play music (Bluetooth audio, Sirius, CD or even radio...)

I have an old ipod (30 pin) which is still installed in USB2, maybe that should go away as well, yes? I'd like to have it there just in case. I use the iphone really for everything. The old ipod was just there to have all my music...which is all pretty much on my iphone. Oh well. 

Advice??