AVIC411.com

CarPlay !!! (Reviews, ...)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the download for the 5000/6000/7000 at last. 

To recap: only USB/Lightning cable in USB1 to use CarPlay (if you have a VGA- or HDMI-Lighting AV adaptor Carplay doesn't work...right??)

Can I use a 30 pin USB cable in USB2 to connect an older iPod?

Please let me know...thanks 

To recap: only USB/Lightning cable in USB1 to use CarPlay (if you have a VGA- or HDMI-Lighting AV adaptor Carplay doesn't work...right??)

The first part is definitely correct. I can't vouch for the second part, but I have heard others say that this works.

Up and running with Car Play ... had pull some dash and console panels to get behind unit to swap USB connections to USB 1 and get thumb drive connected to USB2.  Interface for music looks great ... will only use Maps in a pinch.  Message feature with Siri is cool. Wish they had the same with email. 

Please share this download!!!

Carplay is not functional at all for me. I did the update, and when plugging the phone in nothing seems to have changed. I only have the same old options as far as HD Radio, or iPod function. No Carplay logo on my phone either when plugged in. What am I missing? is there a secret piece to enabling it?

Carplay is not functional at all for me. I did the update, and when plugging the phone in nothing seems to have changed. I only have the same old options as far as HD Radio, or iPod function. No Carplay logo on my phone either when plugged in. What am I missing? is there a secret piece to enabling it?

1) Your iPhone must be using ONLY a Lightning to USB cable plugged in to USB1 on the NEX.  Do not use a Digital AV Adapter (HDMI or VGA).  CarPlay ONLY supports USB1.

2) Under Smartphone Setup, you must have connection type set to USB.  CarPlay will not work if it is set to any other type.

3) CarPlay requires an iPhone 5 or higher, and iOS 7.1 or higher.

3) If you have verified steps 1-3, try a full reboot of your iPhone and turning off your car, and then turning it back on.