AVIC411.com

DucatiBoy Circuit Ordering Discussion Thread

This might be a stupid question but I'm a little confussed I know what grounding out the brake wire did for the older pioneer dvd unit. but I just bought a avic z1 and wanted to know ( my dumb question lol) Why ground the brake wire ? What are the advantages ? Its been said by flashing the parking light during loading will release all the avic z1 feature during driving so why ground the brake wire ? I've also read people who have grounded the brake wire will see a error install on the screen. What's the best option to have if you want all the features dvd while in motion, bluetooth navigation use while driving etc realeased without the warning of inpropper install ?

How much for that headlight flasher unit your selling with shipping ?
And is it hard to install ?
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tyrant11429"]This might be a stupid question but I'm a little confussed I know what grounding out the brake wire did for the older pioneer dvd unit. but I just bought a avic z1 and wanted to know ( my dumb question lol) Why ground the brake wire ? What are the advantages ? Its been said by flashing the parking light during loading will release all the avic z1 feature during driving so why ground the brake wire ? I've also read people who have grounded the brake wire will see a error install on the screen. What's the best option to have if you want all the features dvd while in motion, bluetooth navigation use while driving etc realeased without the warning of inpropper install ?[/quote]

There is no stupid question... well acutally there is one and it's "Officer, do you think it's wise to let me off with just a warning when, in fact, I was speeding?" That's the only stupid question.

Many of us saw how much stuff they locked out with the parking brake off and so in an attempt to duplicate it while in motion we all grounded our parking brake wires, figuring we had outsmarted pioneer. Well they have accelerometers and things in the head unit and the gps antenna will sense your motion. If the parking brake wire is grounded and it figured out it's moving, it will pop up a warning message every time you start your car, it's very annoying.

Once we all discovered the headlight flashing, that was the best way and grounding the parking brake wire is not needed. I explain the interaction with flashing and parking brake wires in this post:
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=262&start=16]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 2&start=16[/url]

The best option is to flash your head lights and leave the parking brake line not connected to anything, just tape it up.

[quote name="Tyrant11429"]How much for that headlight flasher unit your selling with shipping ?
And is it hard to install ?[/quote]

It's in the first post of the thread you just posted in:
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166&start=0]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 66&start=0[/url]

$25

Tap into the switched 12V and ground wires. Disconnect your illumination wire and stick this inbetween your car and your head unit. It's all in the first post. Is it hard? Well, I didn't think designing this circuit was hard. We all have different skill levels. I would say if you can install the Avic Z1 in your car (the hardest and most complicated radio install I have ever done) you should be able to install this as well with ease.
Oh okay I understand most of it, so when I'm going to install the avic z1 dont ground the brake wire and dont connect it just leaving it hanging and taped up. My volvo is automatic and I never use the handbrake maybe once in a blue moon if I'm on a steep hill but I guess I'd turn the radio off than pull up the brake, so just leave that wire hanging taped up. Now if I were to buy that headlight flashing devise u have I wouldn't have to flash my lights everytime I would start my car, it would be restricted all the time? I was reading on how to install your devise just cut the illumination wire and put your devise in the middle, but that means I have to cut my factory wire( and the other 12 v factory wire too) or the aftermarket adapter harness I would buy ?
I'll be taking it to my friend who does alarms and sterio, but want all this knowledge so I can inform him how to proceed.
Than is the other problem on making the Z1 fit in my volvo cause I have the railing on the side I might have to shave that I'm in for 1 big adventure. Thanks for the info
[quote name="Tyrant11429"]Oh okay I understand most of it, so when I'm going to install the avic z1 dont ground the brake wire and dont connect it just leaving it hanging and taped up.[/quote]

Yep

[quote name="Tyrant11429"]My volvo is automatic and I never use the handbrake maybe once in a blue moon if I'm on a steep hill but I guess I'd turn the radio off than pull up the brake, so just leave that wire hanging taped up. [/quote]

If you have an automatic and if you never use it, you can connect it to the parking brake, but if you ever use the parking brake, you might/would/could deactivate the cool headlight flashing trick temporarilly, or until you start the car again. I would just leave it disconnected.

[quote name="Tyrant11429"]Now if I were to buy that headlight flashing devise u have I wouldn't have to flash my lights everytime I would start my car, it would be restricted all the time? [/quote]

You might have mis-typed. If you installed this circuit, you would not have to flash your lights manually. And it would [b]not[/b] be restricted.

[quote name="Tyrant11429"]I was reading on how to install your devise just cut the illumination wire and put your devise in the middle, but that means I have to cut my factory wire( and the other 12 v factory wire too) or the aftermarket adapter harness I would buy ?
I'll be taking it to my friend who does alarms and sterio, but want all this knowledge so I can inform him how to proceed.
Than is the other problem on making the Z1 fit in my volvo cause I have the railing on the side I might have to shave that I'm in for 1 big adventure. Thanks for the info[/quote]

Yes, you will have to "cut" into something. But you would have to "cut" into something to install this unit anyway. Usually people buy a wiring harness which plugs into the car's stock plugs, then you "cut" into this $20 wiring harness not into your $30,000 car. Then you just plug your new harness and new radio into your car's stock wiring. The installer would have to take the radio's wires and connect them to a wiring harness. Then that harness would plug right into your car like your stock radio would. If it's a new install, just wire this unit up with the head unit, it's real easy. Any alarm/radio installer could install my circuit in his sleep.

If you want to, print out the install picture and write on it (I haven't modified it yet) "Don't connect the parking brake to anything, leave it disconnected". And he will know what do to.
As of late May 15th and early May 16th, if anyone was trying to pay me and is having trouble... Paypal locked me out of my account. They think I'm a fraud (or at least are worried that I am) and want me to prove shipping and inventory and so on. I'm faxing them parts lists and receipts and so on. They won't let you pay me. I'm working on resolving this. Hopefully it will be up and running later today, they said 24 to 48 hours at most.... or if someone paid me during this time, you will get a "you can't pay this person note", sorry. Hopefully I will get this worked out. STUPID PAYPAL!

Try again tomorrow, and if that doesn't work try the next day. Sorry for the inconvienence, but it's paypal's fault.
Hey there Ducatiboy, I just tried to send you a paypal payment from balance and I got a "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." PayPal message using your "stevenminnick@gmail.com" PayPal email.

I also sent you a PM about it.

Let me know...

Thanks.
SS.
[quote name="SemoTech"]Hey there Ducatiboy, I just tried to send you a paypal payment from balance and I got a "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." PayPal message using your "stevenminnick@gmail.com" PayPal email.

I also sent you a PM about it.

Let me know...

Thanks.
SS.[/quote]

Read the post right above yours :)

[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166&start=50]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&start=50[/url] (if you can't scroll up)
Alright, Paypal is fixed already. I was on the phone with them this morning for a while making sure they got everything they needed. I got an email from them saying the received all my information saying that it would be between 3-5 business days to re-open my account. 15 minutes later, I got another email saying it was open and working again.... So pay away!
[quote name="F150 Duke"]ducatiboy,

I'm about to send you the $25 via paypal. Can you ship this thing so I recieve it by Tue or Wed of next week? I want to do my install Wed. night.

Thanks,

Duke[/quote]

I am able to fed ex these (if there is a special request) but it's an extra $20, and I would need the address and phone number for where you want it shipped to.

I don't have any to ship right now, and won't have them till tomorrow afternoon which means they won't ship out till Monday. Since these come from NJ, I can only guarantee if you want to fed ex it over night.
[quote name="06JeepZ1"]I sent payment May 14th - has it shipped out yet.
I just want to plan on an install date.

Thank You,[/quote]

Everyone who ordered within the past week should have units shipped out Monday (I hope) :) Tuesday at the latest.
What about people who ordered today? Also quick question. If I have th einstaller connect everything like it is supposed to with the parking break etc... This thing will still work right? So what exactly is the purpose of this parking break thing and why do people find the need to ground it as opposed to ocnnect it normally?