AVIC411.com

DucatiBoy Circuit Ordering Discussion Thread

[quote name="949"]well that is good to hear u are just j/k'ing. u have made a great little mod that will make u loads of money.

but please fix your site admin. he is not too nice nor to bright. he attacked me as u see in my last thread.[/quote]

Now, now... be nice. It's his place and we are all guests here. He is just trying his best and he is trying to look out for me. He is a nice guy and I think he has a pretty nice place here and he lets quite a bit of talk go on here which some admins woudln't even allow. So just be nice.

Thanks for the props on the mod. I did post some more information here:
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=475&start=4]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 75&start=4[/url]
And I guess "loads" of money is relative. To people who would drop $2000 on a radio for a car (quite a luxury in my mind) it's not "loads". So far, I get paid better at my day job. But that's not your problem, it's mine cause I said "$25" when I posted the ordering information and since I'm not losing money I haven't increaded it. I keep thinking about it, but who knows. Pioneer might already have wind of this, and be changing the units shipping right now so that this won't work. Who knows....
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="949"]well that is good to hear u are just j/k'ing. u have made a great little mod that will make u loads of money.

but please fix your site admin. he is not too nice nor to bright. he attacked me as u see in my last thread.[/quote]

Wow...with 6 posts you've managed to insult and slander the two most important people on this forum.....wow. Some advice, read the sticky's, respect other forums members.
[quote name="dhltal"]i ordered mine today. hopefully i'll get it next week. :)[/quote]

No one listing that username paid me, but I think I know who you are cause the email address is kind of close to your username, so I'm assuming it's you (why I ask for avic411 usernames in the paypals, it lets me track and reply to things like this). But your echeck won't clear till the 7th (even though you sent me money, I haven't gotten paid till then) and I ship USPS first class from NJ. And I believe you are in CA, which I would guess you would see this around the 14th ish.
[quote name="06PSDDually"]I paid. I did really. I swear I did. Did ya get it? Huh did ya? Is it in the mail yet? Is it? Huh is it?

But seriously, I did send paypal payment just wanting to confirm you got it.[/quote]

If you did, you didn't include "06PSDDually" in the paypal (at least google can't find it in any of the emails I got), so I can't check. If you are really wondering if I got it.... You would either need to pm me or email me from the email you used which is linked to paypal or supply me with the address you wanted it shipped to or I can't look it up.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="dhltal"]i ordered mine today. hopefully i'll get it next week. :)[/quote]

No one listing that username paid me, but I think I know who you are cause the email address is kind of close to your username, so I'm assuming it's you (why I ask for avic411 usernames in the paypals, it lets me track and reply to things like this). But your echeck won't clear till the 7th (even though you sent me money, I haven't gotten paid till then) and I ship USPS first class from NJ. And I believe you are in CA, which I would guess you would see this around the 14th ish.[/quote]

hey, thanks for posting a reply. yeah, i didn't see that i should include my username in the paypal payment until after i sent the payment already. i really thought i had sent you a direct payment via my bank account. sorry for the delay. either way, i hope i'll get it soon. my z1 should be in the mail either this monday/tuesday.

thanks again.
[quote name="dhltal"]
hey, thanks for posting a reply. yeah, i didn't see that i should include my username in the paypal payment until after i sent the payment already. i really thought i had sent you a direct payment via my bank account. sorry for the delay. either way, i hope i'll get it soon. my z1 should be in the mail either this monday/tuesday.

thanks again.[/quote]

I believe a "direct payment" from a bank account is considered like an "echeck" in paypal terms and it needs to clear. If you had money already in the paypal account and paid me with that, the payment would be instant.
I spent the whole weekend making these circuits, I made so many that I can fill every order that was placed before today. Most will ship out tomorrow, I'll send emails. Some people's payments won't "clear" for a couple days, they will most likely ship when they clear. Unfortunately, I don't have a single extra for stock. Some day I will get ahead. I thought for sure, that with all the ones I made I would have at least a couple... nope, I got a ton of orders yesterday and they are all taken. New orders will ship about 6/9.
Sorry, guys, I just raised my price again. I sound like a drug dealer don't I? :) Now that I got you hooked raise the price.

I just added up all the time I spent on this last batch over the weekend and how much it cost for parts and how much I made and I got a little depressed at my $/hour. So I bumped up the price to $30 each.

For that price, I still think it's a deal, especially when you consider these are for a $2000 (or $1500 at least) radios. When you think it's 1.3% of the price of the MSRP of this radio it really sounds like a deal. :)

To be honest, the last 2 prices (first $20 and then $25 were just more of a guess at time and cost) but with the last huge batch I needed to make I had a good way to count the time for labor to build them. Worked out to much fewer per hour than I thought I could do when I counted packaging and shipping and label making and sending email confirmations (just the email confirmations last night took me a little more than an hour). So to make myself feel a little better, I bumped up the price a bit.

Hope it doesn't anger anyone. And I think I will feel comfortable with this price for a while now. I don't foresee another increase from this point unless prices for components rise unexpectedly. Thank you all for your understanding.

Maybe I just need a more automated process, if I could have some store front which would take orders and automatically print out shipping labels and send out email confirmations, I would have saved 3 hours this weekend alone.

Anyway, I hope you are all happy with these units and tell your friends and enjoy them. They should work for years to come.