AVIC411.com

DucatiBoy Circuit Ordering Discussion Thread

BTW Ducati,

Did you ever send out e-mails to the people who's circuits shipped out before your vacation? I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that you would send e-mails. I placed my order two weeks ago so I'm kinda hoping I was one of the ones you shipped. Let me know please.

palacios

[b]EDIT:[/b] I just found where I read about the e-mail and it appears that you would send e-mails to those who's orders will ship out when you get back. Is that correct? If so, I'll assume mine is on the way since I didn't get an e-mail.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="palacios"]BTW Ducati,

Did you ever send out e-mails to the people who's circuits shipped out before your vacation? I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that you would send e-mails. I placed my order two weeks ago so I'm kinda hoping I was one of the ones you shipped. Let me know please.

palacios

[b]EDIT:[/b] I just found where I read about the e-mail and it appears that you would send e-mails to those who's orders will ship out when you get back. Is that correct? If so, I'll assume mine is on the way since I didn't get an e-mail.[/quote]

I did send you an email on Monday that your unit shipped out from NJ. I send emails from my gmail that people paypal me at and I send them to the emails people pay me with. Yours went to *****jr@msn.com. Ring a bell? Can you check that account, you should have an email.

Everyone who ordered as of 2PM on Monday May 22 had the units shipped out at the very least on Tuesday.

I email everyone when they ship, but I might not be able to email notes to current orders till June 1. Any orders placed between May 22 at about 2PM to May 31 will be shipped out as soon as I can make them but I might not be able to email notifications to anyone may 23 till may 31.
OK, that sounds good. I didn't realize that I still had that e-mail address listed on my PayPal. I log on to PayPal with another address. I haven't checked that one in ages. Unfortunately I cannot check my MSN e-mail here from work (damn gov't PCs) but I can check it when I get home (midnight). Either way, thanks for your hard work. It might already be in my mailbox and I just haven't checked it yet.
hey guys I was wondering I just got ducati's bypass circuit and going to have it installed with my z1 tomorrow(customizing my volvo interior trim myself didnt work out right lol) Will the bypass work with the engine off with the car in the acc position ? nav, dvd etc and with the hand brake down or would I have to put it up with the engine off, just curious cause I thought only with the engine starting up ducati's devise works.

Also I have a remote starter and the ign stays on for a sec or 2 before the engine cranking it wouldn't short anything out would it in the devise or the z1 ? Am really siked to have this installed in my car.
[quote name="Tyrant11429"]hey guys I was wondering I just got ducati's bypass circuit and going to have it installed with my z1 tomorrow(customizing my volvo interior trim myself didnt work out right lol) Will the bypass work with the engine off with the car in the acc position ? [/quote]

Yes it will. It doesn't know the difference if the car is running or if the key is just in the acc possition.

[quote name="Tyrant11429"]nav, dvd etc and with the hand brake down or would I have to put it up with the engine off, just curious cause I thought only with the engine starting up ducati's devise works.[/quote]

Nope, if connected properly, like in my instructions... any time the Z1 turns on, so will my circuit. Just make sure the hand brake is "down" or off or not activated... better yet, if you are going to have this installed, just don't have them connect the parking brake line. You won't need it.

[quote name="Tyrant11429"]Also I have a remote starter and the ign stays on for a sec or 2 before the engine cranking it wouldn't short anything out would it in the devise or the z1 ? Am really siked to have this installed in my car.[/quote]

It won't matter. Actually I guess that depends on the skill of the installer of the auto start. If some hack did something dumb when installing the auto start, it could short something out. But if it's installed correctly and working correctly, then it's fine. When your auto start turns on for 2 seconds, the Z1 will start to boot up for those 2 seconds, but when it cranks over, generally the switched 12V will turn off for a split second (I guess that depends on the auto start device) which would cause the Z1 to reboot and so would my circuit... but if the 12v doesn't go away while it cranks, then the Z1 won't restart, and neither would my circuit.

Basically, if my circuit is installed like I said, any time the Z1 is running, so will my circuit. Should work any time.
[quote name="scin"]I would like to purchace this unit. is the price still $25 ?

Thx[/quote]

Yep, it's all in the first post:
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166&start=0]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 66&start=0[/url]
Thanks ducati I installed mine today! it works great!
You rock.
I still get an e brake message with it grounded or floating.
I have read alot here but, I am still a little confused by this.
Do I need to hit the reset?
I had the park wire grounded when I originaly installed the unit.
Thanks.
[quote name="stryfox"]Thanks ducati I installed mine today! it works great!
You rock.
Thanks.[/quote]

If you grounded the parking brake permanantly and you are getting the message, you need to disconnect the parking brake and reset the unit to get that message to go away.

I thought that my flasher got rid of that message as well when it was bypassing things though. Is this not the case?
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="stryfox"]Thanks ducati I installed mine today! it works great!
You rock.
Thanks.[/quote]

If you grounded the parking brake permanantly and you are getting the message, you need to disconnect the parking brake and reset the unit to get that message to go away.

I thought that my flasher got rid of that message as well when it was bypassing things though. Is this not the case?[/quote]
I hooked up the flasher and disconected the parking brake wire and still got the warning. Grounded park wire and the message still comes up.
It is not a complaint, Just trying to see if I can make it go away.
Thanks for the input.
I would love to get rid of all the messages as they are just annoying, wish they had a check box to "do not show again" like on a computer.
[quote name="stryfox"]
I hooked up the flasher and disconected the parking brake wire and still got the warning. Grounded park wire and the message still comes up.
Thanks for the input.
I would love to get rid of all the messages as they are just annoying, wish they had a check box to "do not show again" like on a computer.[/quote]

Unfortunately, once the unit sees the parking brake grounded while moving it will pop up with that error message and even if you hook up the parking brake wire correctly, it will never go away, till you reset the unit.

I thought some people said that my flasher would hide that message as well. When the flasher is installed, if you hit the menu button on the middle of the unit, do you see 8 of the 10 buttons available (the left most 8 )? Or do you see only 4 available? If you see 8, the other 2 will show up with a route planned. I thought I heard reports of people not seeing the parking brake message once they flashed the lights, but I haven't tested that myself.

With the parking brake not grounded, when you turn on the unit, you hit the menu button:

If the flasher is not working you should only see 4 of the 10 buttons available.

If the flashing worked you will see 8 available. Then if you plan a route, you will see all 10.

Is the flasher working (menu and you see 8 items not greyed out)? And you see the parking brake message? If the flasher is working and if you still see the parking brake message you will need to reset the unit.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="stryfox"]
Thanks for the input.
I would love to get rid of all the messages as they are just annoying, wish they had a check box to "do not show again" like on a computer.[/quote]

Unfortunately, once the unit sees the parking brake grounded while moving it will pop up with that error message and even if you hook up the parking brake wire correctly, it will never go away, till you reset the unit.

I thought some people said that my flasher would hide that message as well. When the flasher is installed, if you hit the menu button on the middle of the unit, do you see 8 of the 10 buttons available (the left most 8 )? Or do you see only 4 available? If you see 8, the other 2 will show up with a route planned. I thought I heard reports of people not seeing the parking brake message once they flashed the lights, but I haven't tested that myself.

With the parking brake not grounded, when you turn on the unit, you hit the menu button:

If the flasher is not working you should only see 4 of the 10 buttons available.

If the flashing worked you will see 8 available. Then if you plan a route, you will see all 10.

Is the flasher working (menu and you see 8 items not greyed out)? And you see the parking brake message? If the flasher is working and if you still see the parking brake message you will need to reset the unit.[/quote]
The flasher is definitly working right.
I will try the reset with the park wire open/floating to get rig of the message.
Thanks again
[quote name="stryfox"] [quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="stryfox"]
Thanks for the input.

Is the flasher working (menu and you see 8 items not greyed out)? And you see the parking brake message? If the flasher is working and if you still see the parking brake message you will need to reset the unit.[/quote]
The flasher is definitly working right.
I will try the reset with the park wire open/floating to get rig of the message.
Thanks again[/quote]

update.... I changed nothing and the parkbrake warning stoped comeing on.... just took a day or two of use and it went away. hope this helps someone.
ducati ,thanks again for the great part and info.