AVIC411.com

DucatiBoy Circuit Ordering Discussion Thread

Just installed ducati's flasher module in an 03 Toyota 4-Runner. After two days I am having 100% success rate of the flasher deactivating the Z1 security. Just crank the car and go...don't even have to wait for it to finish booting up.

Thanks again ducati! The flasher looks professional and the install was was easy to follow. It's amazing how fast you developed this and it was worth every penny. Cheers to ducati!
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="maxse"]What about people who ordered today? Also quick question. If I have th einstaller connect everything like it is supposed to with the parking break etc... This thing will still work right? So what exactly is the purpose of this parking break thing and why do people find the need to ground it as opposed to ocnnect it normally?[/quote]

Not 100% sure what I will be able to ship when. I'm building them as fast as I can, and I built up a bunch today, but I haven't counted the orders in a day or so, so I'm not 100% sure how many I will have. I believe that I should be able to ship out everyone's orders even ones today and tomorrow before this weekend.

This thing will only work if the parking brake is not set, or is not connected. Normally the parking brake activates what you are allowed to see when parked, but if you just installed your unit and set your parking brake, flashing your headlights won't do anything. You can connect it to ground permanantly, but you will have to move while doing something you shouldn't while moving for it to yell at you about the parking brake, after that, it won't matter how you have it connected.
[quote name="bcdal"]Just installed ducati's flasher module in an 03 Toyota 4-Runner. After two days I am having 100% success rate of the flasher deactivating the Z1 security. Just crank the car and go...don't even have to wait for it to finish booting up.

Thanks again ducati! The flasher looks professional and the install was was easy to follow. It's amazing how fast you developed this and it was worth every penny. Cheers to ducati![/quote]

Thanks for the "props". I appreciate it. I'm working very hard to make this as robust and to get it to work with 100% success. Yes, cheers to ducati! They make a cool motorcycle too ;)
[quote name="edrock200"]Thanks for getting these out so quick ducatiboy![/quote]

You all are very welcome. Now, i just wish the orders would slow down a bit, I'm swamped. I just suckered a couple friends to help me today to try to make sure that everyone who ordered one (and ever those who ordered this week could get them shipped out same or next day).
thanks ducati! Im still a little confused though sorry. I have an automatic so I hardly use the hand break unless I am parked on a steep slope. I do not wish to get any warning messages from the Navigation. So how w=ould I proceed wit this? Is it possible to not get warning messages and still have your mod work? I understand once I activate the hand brake I would have to turn the car on and off again but like I said, in my automatic it only gets used when I park on a slope so I wouldnt care if it didnt work since I wont be in the car... So could youanswer the questions now please? Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions I just wish to undersrtand this better.
[quote name="maxse"]thanks ducati! Im still a little confused though sorry. I have an automatic so I hardly use the hand break unless I am parked on a steep slope. I do not wish to get any warning messages from the Navigation. So how w=ould I proceed wit this? Is it possible to not get warning messages and still have your mod work? I understand once I activate the hand brake I would have to turn the car on and off again but like I said, in my automatic it only gets used when I park on a slope so I wouldnt care if it didnt work since I wont be in the car... So could youanswer the questions now please? Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions I just wish to undersrtand this better.[/quote]

The problem is that the parking brake interaction is VERY confusing and it will work without it connected to the anything and it will sometimes work if it's connected correctly and you use the parking brake or if it's grounded all the time.

If you don't ever want the warning message, just don't ground it all the time. That's what causes the warning message.

If it connected correctly, and you flash your headlights, and you then activate the parking brake, you would need to turn the car off and on again to get the flashing thing working again.

The best solution is to not connect that parking brake wire at all. If you plan to use TR7's or my circuit or just flash your headlights everytime manually... you don't want the parking brake connected to anything and possibly interfeer with the flashing.

I explain it a little more in detail on my FAQ
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285[/url]
haha sorry ducatiboy. I just want to make sure one last time. Will I get ANY warning messages that something is not connected properly etcc... By not connecting the parking break? If not, then what is the purpose of it anyway? Thanks
[quote name="maxse"]haha sorry ducatiboy. I just want to make sure one last time. Will I get ANY warning messages that something is not connected properly etcc... By not connecting the parking break? If not, then what is the purpose of it anyway? Thanks[/quote]

I know this is directed at ducatiboy, so I hope you two don't mind if I throw in my 2 cents here, but I can confirm without a doubt that you will NOT get an error message. The point of it is if you never new about the flasher trick you would never be able to use half of the touchscreen functions or watch a dvd. With the stock setup and no bypass your parking brake must be set to playback movies and use many functions.
[quote name="Anonymous"]so you quit your day job yet ducattiboy?[/quote]

I don't have that many orders yet. Maybe something like 1 hour a day worth of work. If I could come up with 7 other projects like this, I might be able to. :)