AVIC411.com

DucatiBoy Circuit Ordering Discussion Thread

[quote name="tromar1"]On another matter...ducati, could I PM you about a project? willing to pay...If I can, is it the same email address for th ordering?[/quote]

You guys can PM me or email me about anything. I might not take on anything else project wise, but you can ask.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo ducati, i saw that my payment cleared today. you able to ship that out today or tomorrow?

sorry to ask, but i'm just really excited to get it as i'm getting my new wiring harness tomorrow and the actual z1 next monday, so i wanna get your bypass to install it all at once. thanks!
[quote name="dhltal"]yo ducati, i saw that my payment cleared today. you able to ship that out today or tomorrow?

sorry to ask, but i'm just really excited to get it as i'm getting my new wiring harness tomorrow and the actual z1 next monday, so i wanna get your bypass to install it all at once. thanks![/quote]

Well, I don't have a paypal with "dhltal" listed in it, but I plan to have all orders up to any ordered tonight shipped out tomorrow.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]
Well, I don't have a paypal with "dhltal" listed in it, but I plan to have all orders up to any ordered tonight shipped out tomorrow.[/quote]

SWEET.. that means that jodib425 @ . . . will be out this week... might even be able to get it installed this week!

Thanks mate!
[quote name="linuxkidd"]Hey Ducati, I paypaled a few days ago... Mine shipping out Tomorrow too?

Thanks!
LK[/quote]

Unfortunately I tried to get them all done tonight, and I've been working on them since I got home from work, but I don't think I will be able to complete them by tomorrow morning. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up, I'll ship them out Friday. Everyone who ordered today (and most likely tomorrow, depending on the number of orders I get tomorrow) will ship out on friday.
ducatiboy: First off, once again, thanks for supporting the community. I ended up using my TR7's in another project so I pulled them out and installed your flasher module and it works perfectly (even with my pulsed illumination factory wire!)

Your cost is still a bargain at $30 (it would cost at least $50+ shipping for two TR7's, more likely $70+ from authorized dealers.)

You probably know more about this than I do but you might want to check into the possibility of having a circuit board builder run off a small batch, like 200 or so of these for you. It might be more cost effective and I know your wife would apreciate it! (Not to mention you won't be inhaling solder fumes all day.)

I remember a while back a guy developed the "IRCLONE," a neat little device that let you back up your MX-500 remote and program it via the PC, this was of course before web programmable remotes became more mainstream. Regardless he was surprised that the cost of going to a 3rd party vendor was cheaper than doing it himself.

I just don't want to see you get even more burried with this thing as more and more people start buying the Z1 and discovering this forum. In addition make sure to let everyone know that theres no guarantee a software update won't disable the hack. I don't want to see a bunch of people bitching at you if that happens, but unfortunately human nature says it will if you don't give them a "disclaimer" first.
[quote name="edrock200"]ducatiboy: First off, once again, thanks for supporting the community. I ended up using my TR7's in another project so I pulled them out and installed your flasher module and it works perfectly (even with my pulsed illumination factory wire!)[/quote]

Well you and everyone here are VERY WELCOME! 99% of the people were very nice and supportive. I'm happy to help. And you really pulled out TR7's and put mine in? Then maybe you should change your sig! ;)

[quote name="edrock200"]Your cost is still a bargain at $30 (it would cost at least $50+ shipping for two TR7's, more likely $70+ from authorized dealers.)[/quote]

I thought the same as well.

[quote name="edrock200"]You probably know more about this than I do but you might want to check into the possibility of having a circuit board builder run off a small batch, like 200 or so of these for you. It might be more cost effective and I know your wife would apreciate it! (Not to mention you won't be inhaling solder fumes all day.)[/quote]

My company used a board place like this, but most have moved to surface mount stuff. The companies we used either got bought out or moved and my company bought a huge automatic surface mount machine. I was thinking of re-doing the board again with surface mount, but this time with much higher voltage regulators, and see if I could sucker one of my co-workers to run it through our surface mount machine. So far it seemed easier to make them myself, but if I would have spent the same amount of time on doing the surface mount machine at work, I could have 2000 of them ready :) I just didn't think they would take off as much as they did.

[quote name="edrock200"]I remember a while back a guy developed the "IRCLONE," a neat little device that let you back up your MX-500 remote and program it via the PC, this was of course before web programmable remotes became more mainstream. Regardless he was surprised that the cost of going to a 3rd party vendor was cheaper than doing it himself.[/quote]

I'll look into a company that can do them. I never really priced them out.

[quote name="edrock200"]I just don't want to see you get even more burried with this thing as more and more people start buying the Z1 and discovering this forum. In addition make sure to let everyone know that theres no guarantee a software update won't disable the hack. I don't want to see a bunch of people bitching at you if that happens, but unfortunately human nature says it will if you don't give them a "disclaimer" first.[/quote]

I keep thinking it's going to taper off, but you are probably right, the Z1 purchases are only just starting and will probably continue for a year or so. As for the disclaimer, there has been one on the order page for a few weeks now.
Gas price went up again...so did shipping cost. Basically, our economy is based on distribution and when that goes up it affects the cost of everything, including bread.

So, I wouldn't be surprized to see the "flasher" go up in price...and rightfully so. I am in discussions with my installer to do some serious mods on my BMW X3 so that I can fit a Z1 in a place that wasn't built for a doubledin...If he can pull it off, then i'll be needing another Flasher...
[quote name="ducatiboy"]Oh my goodness! I have STOCK! I have extra units all packaged up with no one to ship them too. I have every order filled and shipping tomorrow and I have a few extra. It's a momentous occasion! :)[/quote]

Ducatiboy, I just ordered one so let me know if it will ship today.

Also, it's obvious that you ride and so do I. What model is your bike? I ride a 2005 Honda CBR1000RR. Check out my bike club's website and a few pics that I have in my folder.

Lil Red
[quote name="Lil Red"]
Ducatiboy, I just ordered one so let me know if it will ship today.

Also, it's obvious that you ride and so do I. What model is your bike? I ride a 2005 Honda CBR1000RR. Check out my bike club's website and a few pics that I have in my folder.

Lil Red[/quote]

Yep, got your payment, you were the last one I had in stock. I had a few in stock, and they were all ordered and paid for overnight except for one and you got it. Good timing.

As for the bike thing, in my "stable" I have:

2001 Ducati 996 (yellow biposto with termi CF pipes),
[url=http://www.sminnick.com/IMGP2864.JPG]http://www.sminnick.com/IMGP2864.JPG[/url]
2003 Ninja ZX12R (Akro Pipe, PC3, Filter, 179HP dynoed at the wheel, that pic is before the work I did)
[url=http://www.sminnick.com/zx12r/IMG_0258.jpg]http://www.sminnick.com/zx12r/IMG_0258.jpg[/url]
1998 Yamaha V-Max (All new suspension, and Mark's pipes)
[url=http://www.sminnick.com/IMG_0261.JPG]http://www.sminnick.com/IMG_0261.JPG[/url]

And a Polaris Sportsman 800 [url=http://www.sminnick.com/IMGP2866.JPG]http://www.sminnick.com/IMGP2866.JPG[/url]

I love the fast bikes! You can never have enough toys.