AVIC411.com

I've been using my AVIC-Z1 for about 1.5 months with back up camera, ipod controller, and have Bluetooth on order. I had it professionally installed and yesterday I hopped in the car (Toyota FJ Cruiser) which is parked in the garage and the head unit it dead. javascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad No lights, nada. I tried the reset button...nothing. I called Pioneer support and they suggested have installer remove power for 20 minutes to see if it will reset and that did nothing. The installer checked for power and everything is hot. So now I'm having to pay for shipping to Pioneer and they say it will take 5-7 business days. Be aware if you haven't purchased, this unit may not be ready for prime time. I also heard from person I ordered Bluetooth from it is delayed as they are reworking due to problems and aren't shipping right now.

Pioneer Electronics
Attn: Repair
1925 East Dominguez St.
Long Beach, CA 90810

Send copy of receipt, explanation of problem, my contact information
takes 5-7 business days. :(
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jdmartin999"]I've been using my AVIC-Z1 for about 1.5 months with back up camera, ipod controller, and have Bluetooth on order. I had it professionally installed and yesterday I hopped in the car (Toyota FJ Cruiser) which is parked in the garage and the head unit it dead. javascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad No lights, nada. I tried the reset button...nothing. I called Pioneer support and they suggested have installer remove power for 20 minutes to see if it will reset and that did nothing. The installer checked for power and everything is hot. So now I'm having to pay for shipping to Pioneer and they say it will take 5-7 business days. Be aware if you haven't purchased, this unit may not be ready for prime time. I also heard from person I ordered Bluetooth from it is delayed as they are reworking due to problems and aren't shipping right now.

Pioneer Electronics
Attn: Repair
1925 East Dominguez St.
Long Beach, CA 90810

Send copy of receipt, explanation of problem, my contact information
takes 5-7 business days. :([/quote]

Would have really been bad if you were out of your home town in a big city and you didn't bring any maps and soley relied on the avic-z1 for directions. That's why I'm waiting a while before I get the z1 or z2 if it comes out.
  • 1 month later...
My D1 had died after only one week.
Pioneer, Canada would not honor the Warranty because it was purchased on ebay (brand new!!) even though, according to the manufacturing date, it was only 4 month's since manufacture.

They took about 2 weeks to give an estimate and another couple of weeks to get it ready for pickup.
Total charge would have been close to $500 but an appeal to the top got it reduced to $380.
At first they refused to provide me with the replaced part but after going to the top again and pointing out that I'm the legal owner of that part, since I paid for the replacement, they provided me with a whole main board.
Looks like it's going to be expensive repairs if they aren't able to repair and instead only replace major components. :roll:
WTF ... mine just died.....

got it a few days ago....

hooked it up... for testing with out the install kit frame and console...and .... it worked..... then... I went a hooked it up with the rest of the center console as my final install.... and now is dead..... just like that.....

darn..... I think I didn't get it from an authorized dealer..... ([url=http://www.digitalfotoclub.com]http://www.digitalfotoclub.com[/url])
same here... I installed on Sat..

everything worked the first time... was tired after 8 hours install ... got up early on Sun... freaking unit was dead... (the LEDs were on and the fan...)

after seeing all of the posts on this thread.. beginning to think that maybe there is a QA issue at the factory....

Oh... and when I called Pioneer tech suport ... the tech asked who installed the unit... I said I did... he said "Oh.. you did" as if he was surprised that anyone other than a audio shop could possibly do the install...

Also I had to Beg to get a ARA # .... tech said it was not nessisary.. just send the $1,800 unit back to the factory with no tracking number... (um... NO)... anyway hope it come back fixed...
[quote name="lombap"]same here... I installed on Sat..

everything worked the first time... was tired after 8 hours install ... got up early on Sun... freaking unit was dead... (the LEDs were on and the fan...)

after seeing all of the posts on this thread.. beginning to think that maybe there is a QA issue at the factory....

Oh... and when I called Pioneer tech suport ... the tech asked who installed the unit... I said I did... he said "Oh.. you did" as if he was surprised that anyone other than a audio shop could possibly do the install...

Also I had to Beg to get a ARA # .... tech said it was not nessisary.. just send the $1,800 unit back to the factory with no tracking number... (um... NO)... anyway hope it come back fixed...[/quote]

hahahahahah!
it was the same thing! I went to sleep saturday and it worked!.....woke up this sunday and it was dead!!!!!
and I have the same concern... about on tracking ... so i'm sending it via ups with receipt confirmation.....

now.... let us pray :)
Well my unit it back after 2 trips to Pioneer. The first time back I received 1 sheet of paper that said reset. Took it back to installer and it still didn't work. Also note, I shipped unit in it's original box and they kept the box so I dont' have that any longer. I received unit back again and all the repair sheet said was NTF. I'm guessing that means No Trouble Found. I took it back to the installer and he installed it and it worked. It has worked fine for couple weeks and just yesterday it reverted back to black screen fan blowing. I call Pioneer again and drop a few f bombs and demand to speak to a manager. While I'm on hold I try hitting the reset button and it came back to life. Note YOU NEED TO HOLD DOWN THE RESET BUTTON UNTIL THE LED LIGHTS ON BUTTONS LIGHT UP and then release. So now the unit is back, but it keeps reverting on its own back to default settings. So the screen tilt angle, my radio station presets (not XM Radio for some strange reason), and my back camera (default is back up camera is off), all switch to default when I turn the engine off.

I would not buy this unit again, it's bleeding edge as they say.
[quote name="jdmartin999"]Well my unit it back after 2 trips to Pioneer. The first time back I received 1 sheet of paper that said reset. Took it back to installer and it still didn't work. Also note, I shipped unit in it's original box and they kept the box so I dont' have that any longer. I received unit back again and all the repair sheet said was NTF. I'm guessing that means No Trouble Found. I took it back to the installer and he installed it and it worked. It has worked fine for couple weeks and just yesterday it reverted back to black screen fan blowing. I call Pioneer again and drop a few f bombs and demand to speak to a manager. While I'm on hold I try hitting the reset button and it came back to life. Note YOU NEED TO HOLD DOWN THE RESET BUTTON UNTIL THE LED LIGHTS ON BUTTONS LIGHT UP and then release. So now the unit is back, but it keeps reverting on its own back to default settings. So the screen tilt angle, my radio station presets (not XM Radio for some strange reason), and my back camera (default is back up camera is off), all switch to default when I turn the engine off.

I would not buy this unit again, it's bleeding edge as they say.[/quote]

I'm betting the XM presets are stored in the XM module...and that's why you don't lose them. You seem to be having a power issue since it keeps losing it's presets and essentially defaults every time. I'm wondering if you have some sort of intermittant issue with your unswitched power source? Evidently, the XM module isn't seeing that problem. It could be in your wiring...and it could be in the Z1. I wonder if there is a way to monitor that power supply while you drive, park, sit, etc. and see if there are any issues with that.

I'm just shooting at the hip here thinking out loud.....
  • 2 weeks later...
Still not working. (see my earlier post in this thread)

Sent the unit back to Pioneer for repair.

unit came back in about 7 days (including my 3 day shipping and their shipping).. The papaer work said "NTF" at this point I assume that this means "No Trouble Found"

The unit has the same orignal problem. after about a 36 hours the unit sort of dies... Led lights stay on i can hear the fan... but nothing else works...

so.. back the unit goes to Pioneer.... Hope they will repair it this time...

will report back in a few days.....