AVIC411.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did check the air circulation... that was ok...

I just got off the phone with Tech support ... he thinks that have the wiring is messed up.. said to check the HU Blue White and the ILL ... made since... so ... guess I will triple check the wiring one more time .... before I send this back... I really do hope that the problem is at my end... I would feel better that the HU is not screwed up..

I will work check everything this weekend... (freaking work is getting in the way) [again]....

update everyone later...
I have had the bluetooth installed for months.....And it works Perfect! I had it installed with a Razor phone....Incoming and outgoing calls were VERY CLEAR. I just installed another cell phone on my unit..Sony Ericsson W800i..and I was having a major problem...the callers on ingoing and out going had the same voice like Charlie Brown's teacher...I found out it was a phone software and not a Z1 Unit..I had to download the lastest updates for my phone and now it's working perfect just like the razor use too.... I heard from a friend that is connected with the company....backorder on bluetooths had to do more with a trademark issues then a problem with the bluetooth!
I kinda believe that ....because if you look at the packing of the bluetooth...Nothing fancy..just a plain cardboard box with the model number on it ...

Good luck
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="jdmartin999"]Sending back for 4th time. Same problem, just hear the fan spinning, not boot screen, sound or anything.[/quote]

I had the same issue when I was messing with the hard drive, that's what I got when the cover on the hard drive wasn't screwed on fully. Probably not your problem but I fealt obligated to mention it.
  • 1 month later...
well, multiple times I've entered my car and found my Avic-Z1 will not power on. If I unplug my power connector harness and plug it back in (I guess this means a hard reset) then it works. It could be hours or days between these resets, but since I installed it one week ago I bet I did this more than a dozen times.

:idea: :?: Any ideas what the hell is goin on?

I have the same power leads feeding the Avic-Z1, bluetooth adapter, XM Radio, and PAC harnesses for my 2006 Dodge Charger.

:roll:
Well after sending back my Z1 for the 3rd time to Pioneer, they finally agreed to send me a new unit and I had this installed and it is working flawlessly so far, (1 week). One very important thing to note, is the 3 headlight flash trick to disable unit locking certain functions does NOT WORK. Ducati Boy, I don't know what the deal is, but it may impact the unit you are selling.
[quote name="jdmartin999"]One very important thing to note, is the 3 headlight flash trick to disable unit locking certain functions does NOT WORK. Ducati Boy, I don't know what the deal is, but it may impact the unit you are selling.[/quote]

Thanks, but we already know that. They made a change to the units in July 06. The new ones need 2 wires grounded.

[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]

Thanks for the information though. Try grounding the 2 wires, you should be good to go.

Ps. and it was always just a 1 single headlight flash, doing 3 of them was not necessary if you get the timing right. Actually you only need to turn your ligths on at the specific time, never turn them off and the old units would have been bypassed. The Z1 needed to see the lights go from off to on or from on to off between 5 and 7.5 seconds after receiving power. That was it. The many flashing was to just give people better chances of hitting the 5-7.5 second sweet spot.
[quote name="calman"]well, multiple times I've entered my car and found my Avic-Z1 will not power on. If I unplug my power connector harness and plug it back in (I guess this means a hard reset) then it works. It could be hours or days between these resets, but since I installed it one week ago I bet I did this more than a dozen times.

I have the same power leads feeding the Avic-Z1, bluetooth adapter, XM Radio, and PAC harnesses for my 2006 Dodge Charger.
[/quote]

I think this might be something to do with the pac harness. Isn't that controlling the switched power? It's a can bus to make switched power and ill, etc....

Try just resetting it with the recessed button to the right of the eject switch. My understanding is that for the z1 it's like pulling power from the unit. but if it's something else, like the pac unit or whatever, not pulling the plug from the z1 might make a difference. If it's the pac and not the z1 just pressing the reset button might not make a difference. If the reset button does make it work again, it's not absolutely the z1, but if it doesn't work, I would bet it's the pac. Maybe pulling the power resets the pac or something.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="calman"]well, multiple times I've entered my car and found my Avic-Z1 will not power on. If I unplug my power connector harness and plug it back in (I guess this means a hard reset) then it works. It could be hours or days between these resets, but since I installed it one week ago I bet I did this more than a dozen times.

[/quote]

I think this might be something to do with the pac harness. Isn't that controlling the switched power? It's a can bus to make switched power and ill, etc....

Try just resetting it with the recessed button to the right of the eject switch. My understanding is that for the z1 it's like pulling power from the unit. but if it's something else, like the pac unit or whatever, not pulling the plug from the z1 might make a difference. If it's the pac and not the z1 just pressing the reset button might not make a difference. If the reset button does make it work again, it's not absolutely the z1, but if it doesn't work, I would bet it's the pac. Maybe pulling the power resets the pac or something.[/quote]

Yes I have 3 PAC modules installed:
C2R-CHY: Interface into CANBUS
SWI/CAN & SWI-PS: For sterring wheel controls

When I press the reset button on the Z1 I see no effect, I've held it down for 10 secs and also 60 secs.

You very well could be right that it's a PAC module issue, I'll investigate some more....

Thanks!
:?
[quote name="calman"]Yes I have 3 PAC modules installed:
C2R-CHY: Interface into CANBUS
SWI/CAN & SWI-PS: For sterring wheel controls

When I press the reset button on the Z1 I see no effect, I've held it down for 10 secs and also 60 secs.

You very well could be right that it's a PAC module issue, I'll investigate some more....

Thanks!
:?[/quote]

Yah, I'm not saying pac stuff is bad (generally) they make really good stuff. In your case, the switched 12V which I think comes out of the can bus adapter will "mess up" my circuit. I have seen this on a couple people's vehicles and had to make some modifications to my circuit so to take care of this.

The Z1 will power on and draw it's power from the yellow "12V all the time" wire. But it gets it's signal to turn on from the red 12v switched wire. If the 12V switched wire comes out of the pac module (is produced by that module) that could be your problem. If it's just connected to it, it still could be the problem, I just don't know. The guys at PAC are super nice and are very helpful, I'm sure they could give you an opinion of what happens and what could be the solution (if it's something with their stuff).

The fact that you pull power on the z1 and it resets and then will work, but resetting the unit with the reset button doesn't makes me think that what is telling the Z1 (the 12v switched wire) is the problem, not the z1. I could be off on this and not being there to test things... but from my understanding, the reset on the front (recessed button) is internally to the z1 like pulling the yellow 12v all the time wire and the red 12v switched from the unit.
  • 2 weeks later...