AVIC411.com

I have something I want to verify.

I don't know if this works, I don't have a Z2 at my disposal at this moment to try it, but I'm asking people to see if they could test something for me.

I haven't tried this but I just got this message. It's from a friend of a friend of a friend, who is an insider at Pioneer. Long story but I have gotten some good stuff from him in the past. Anyway, I have been poking him for bypass information and he just sent me:

ground the empty pin in the RCA harness (connector 1) and the parking brake

I don't even know if there is an empty slot on connector 1. If so, then measure the voltage on that pin inside there when it's powered on, if it's 5V, sounds like it's worth a try.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have a way to watch video on the z2 all you have to do is loop the rear monitor output into the reverse input and put a toggle switch in only thing is that you get that little message on the bottom of the screen

Not to be a dick but that really isn't a new idea. Some people were doing that on the N1 when they realized that updating their software to make it an N2 locked out the bypass. I guess if people are that desperate to have video while driving, that is a good idea. What most people here want the bypass for is to enable the navigation portion while driving.

I hope I'm not repeating anyone here, but I have a Z2 waiting to be installed. I was hoping for a bypass method to show up first, but I'm wondering: has anyone tried the headlight flashing bypass? I don't see any mention of it in this thread (except for the Z1).

Just curious if that's usable as a stopgap until a better method comes out.

It makes me curious though. If there was a simple bypass like that built into the Z1, then shouldn't there be something like it but different in the Z2?

The Z1 used it's connection with the illumination wire to figure it out.

Maybe the Z2 requires the parking brake sensor to be switched on/off during start up. Or perhaps shifting into reverse. Whatever the AVIC units can sense could possibly be a new bypass, no? Except speed pulse, hopefully.

Figured it wasn't that simple.

Do not feel bad bro. i heard the same thing from a friend of a friend. And it did not turn out either. Word is from pioneer the info woll leak this month . But noone can say why its not out already . i have seriously tried everything. And i can not find it. i have tried an adjustable resustance and pulse timer from 3 to 20 times. and nothing . on brake wire or lights. I tried all the bypasses together and nothing. If anyone can find anything let me know and i will try it.