AVIC411.com

FINALLY THE MOMENT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR....THE Z2 BYPASS

Once you get it to work, it doesn't stop working through calibration. My tests and Nissan's tests have shown this. Coweyeboy, why don't you reset the unit as described and wait for the "learning...sensors initializing" to change to "learning..simple hybrid". At that point the GPS is calibrated and the switch should work.

It's crazy how variable people's results are. I'm not sure if it's voltage diff in vehicles (unlikely), accessories, software diff (doubtful), reset methods, when people try the switch, or what. Until people post EXACTLY what they have and do it may be hard to figure this all out. Well, for those of you who have it working, congrats and share your experiences on how and what you did. At least everyone could use a temp backdoor for now.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem as coweyeboy, and I followed the instruction to the T.

1. I grounded the parking brake.

2. I added a SPST switch between the grounded cable and the parking brake wire.

3. I disconnected my VSS, pink wire on harness.

4. And finally I reset everything I could find.

It works for a while and then the video goes away and I get the “Viewing while driving warning†and I lose picture from the DVD.

After reading the success others had I think I may be doing something wrong.

HELP!!!

Guys,

Timvan has his VSS on a toggle. He states when he toggles the VSS only for a split second the video will come back on for a while....I guess this tells the unit to start a recallibration process. I don't know why my video never goes out except that my VSS was never connected but it might be grounded (my friend installed it.)

Beachdoc

Beachdoc, I think it's unlikely that your VSS is grounded. I originally had a Z1 and the first time I installed it I did not connect the VSS and I remember getting the message for VSS not connected. I am going to do some driving today, and like I said yesterday, I believe that after driving some distance with the VSS unhooked the unit will realize I disconnected it and give me the warning. After that I have faith this bypass will work.

I asked and he just cut the end off the wire. Someone might try unhooking the negative battery lead for a minute or two then starting over in case something is remaining in flashmem from power even with the vehicle off. Just a thought.

I did finally get the vss not connected message, and I didn't have to drive far after the reset to get it. I mentioned in the other thread my newest find, which involved waiting until my calibration went to simple hybrid to flip the switch. It is working better than before, over 10 miles and still no error.

I wonder what YzRacer and others have found now. Are they still having problems? DarkMcNight did you try to reset with e-brake on then turn off ignition for 1-2 min. Restart with it off, drive while it states "initializing sensors" and flip the e-brake on until it changes to "initializing...simple hybrid". Stop turn off the vehicle restart with the e-brake off and drive for 10+ miles with e-brake off and let the GPS callibrate. (For some reason, these steps tell the unit not to turn off the video after the GPS gets callibrated). Once, the NAV seems accurate, turn off the vehicle. Restart with e-brake off then turn it on after like 25mph or so and drive for 10-20 miles and see what happens. That's my only suggestion until we investigate the HDD images.

• 3 weeks later...

18 year installer here, Pioneer dealer as well. I have confirmed with Pioneer Tech as of last week, that no VSS connection will cause the 3D calibration NOT to work. Once the VSS is connected, it will restart calibration, but if not, the right/left turn gyros will never calibrate.

Will post more info as I glean it, I have many reps and insiders looking into this.

I currently have a Z2 in my demo vehicle, but almost wish I got my Z1 back from the customer I sold it too....

FYI, Its pretty common knowledge that not connecting the VSS will prevent the 3D hybrid from kicking in, all Pioneer navs have been like that. If you look at the hardware info screen, the left, right, and distance still calibrate, so the gyros are kicking in which is definitely one of the factors contributing to the lockout

18 year installer here, Pioneer dealer as well. I have confirmed with Pioneer Tech as of last week, that no VSS connection will cause the 3D calibration NOT to work. Once the VSS is connected, it will restart calibration, but if not, the right/left turn gyros will never calibrate.

Will post more info as I glean it, I have many reps and insiders looking into this.

I currently have a Z2 in my demo vehicle, but almost wish I got my Z1 back from the customer I sold it too....

Since I had my unit professionally installed instead of doing myself, how do I find the wire to connect to the VSS? Should I make the dealer do it? They told me they never connect it, and didn't know where to find the speed sensor wire in my car. '06 Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

Thanks.