AVIC411.com

Post up your Z1 PET PEVES (firmware hope for the future)

[quote name="edrock200"]Ability to add POI's with proximity alarms - my Magellan let me download all the red light cameras as POI and it will warn me when I am aproaching one
[/quote]

If you create something (say, a red light camera) as an entry in your address book, you can set a sound to it. When you get close to it the sound will play, even if you are not routing to it.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BoCaPiMp"]NO body wants it to start up faster?

thsi is the slowest start up i have ever seen[/quote]
Slowest start-up ten times over.
I wish it had a Volume fade to on. I hate the fact that i start my car drive half way down the street then the radio finally come on at full blast where i left it. If its gonna take that long to startup at least slowly fade the volume up to where i left it.
The message about reverse image on the back-up camera. Very annoying. I noticed that when backing up soon after turning on the truck, the message is not there. It appears after the sytem has boot-up. We'll probably be able to delete this after grtting into the HDD.
First off: Any possibility of making this a sticky, and compiling a short list of suggestions made so far? In an effort to save some reading and duplicate suggestions.

Another suggestion:

Trip computer

My old GS400 has a first generation navigation system, and since it's built in it gets MPG and miles per tank and all of that. With a little manual effort the Z1 could accomplish a lot of the same information. The Z1 is smart enough to know when you've stopped at a gas station (as a POI), so after start up it could ask you if you just purchased gas. If so it could ask how many gallons. From there it would know the distance you travelled since the last fill up, and calculate the MPG you received on your last tank. It could also guestimate the miles to empty based on your average distance per fill up.

Just an idea. I like the integrated trip computers. The only thing missing would be on the fly MPG readings, but I could live without that.

-Jef
  • 2 weeks later...
I have several ideas, but just a few for the moment:

1) IPOD interface: one feature missing, as far as I can tell, is simply going back to the current playlist - the up folder button is always grey, so you are forced to go to Search and begin the process all over again even if you want to jump ahead or back five or ten songs in the list (yes, I know I could "next" my way thgough, but....)

. I should be able to go back up one level from the current song to show the playlist it is in, scrolled to where the current song is in the playlist. This is not only convenient, but safer, since you are spending far shorter time navigating within a playlist than the up, around, and down again process...

2) How about....a radar/laser detector hookup? Work with Valentine or someone else for a bus-compatible hookup.

3) WiFi option, with ability to link to a shared folder on your home network to automatically update and download mp3s to the Z1

4) Optional security code - without the proper code, the unit doesn't function or functions in a severely degraded way - a modest theft deterrent

5) vCard support - drag 'em onto a CD, and have th Z1 Address book import them

6) Optional ZAGAT's rating for restaurant ratings

7) Full Blackberry support!!!@@@
Guest COMplex
I can't believe this unit does not do CROSS STREETS! I cannot program two intersecting streets without typing in the first, and then poking all over the map to find the other street that intersects it. What a pain in the ass!
[quote name="thrang"]4) Optional security code - without the proper code, the unit doesn't function or functions in a severely degraded way - a modest theft deterrent[/quote]

Actually, I'd be happy if we had a security Dongle -- preferably something wired to the unit (like the GPS antenna), and hidden in some location elsewhere in the vehicle. That way, the thief might get away with the unit, but it'd be useless unless he found the dongle and took that, too.

... as long as there's no easy way to get the stolen unit to accept a new dongle, though. :-)

Along the same lines... I'm very seriously thinking of removing the HD from my Z1 as a security measure. :twisted:
My D1 was stolen. :twisted:
Security is a big issue with these units since all one has to do is rip it out and install it in the next car or sell it on fleabay.

My Blaupunkt nav needed a code to be entered after removing the connections to it. [b]If lost, this code could only be re-aquired from VW Germany. [/b]
Dongle sounds good but I fear that the scum will only do more damage taking the car apart looking for it.

A flashing red LED between the buttons showing that it is alarmed would go a long way ...... if Pioneer were good enough to arm it through it's connections.
I think this could be done by having it learn the remote function of the cars parking lot finder (The remote button that triggers the alarm instantly).
  • 1 month later...
This may already be available and I am blind since I just got the z1 excuse me in advance if its there. but....
-a screen blackout would be nice, like what the d2 has in the "P" button, for those late nights when you dont have to look at the unit and and even ill. dimmed is just not enough.
Hold down the "V" button

[quote name="tillithz"]This may already be available and I am blind since I just got the z1 excuse me in advance if its there. but....
-a screen blackout would be nice, like what the d2 has in the "P" button, for those late nights when you dont have to look at the unit and and even ill. dimmed is just not enough.[/quote]