AVIC411.com

Post up your Z1 PET PEVES (firmware hope for the future)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what would be slick

-digital video recorder.. like xm record the live music to hdd. So maybe when a phone call comes in, or the navi voice kicks on it pauses kinda so you can resume listening to what you were before the interuption. Not to mention a song you would like to capture.
1. the mp3 to hdd would be great. I dought it will ever happen. The RIAA would sue Pioneer in a heart beat.
2. Mute/Att button on the screen
3. Genre/Artist shuffle (randomization) in the media library
4. Auto-dimming based on ambient light
5. Faster bootup
6. Customized boot image.
7. The ability to change the color of the buttons. (Blue gets old after a while)
8. Red light camera alarm
Ipod interface is really poor.. and broken.

- Slow speed requires playlists, and few of them
- UP arrow doesn't move up a level
- Clicking on playlist doesn't start playlist, it shows the songs.. come on..
- Playlist song list disapears, never to return, making it hard to move songs

I hate how you can't voice dial from your phone book, and instead have to put the people's names in your address book. This ties bluetooth to your map screen. Which does two annoying things:
1. Saying "call xyz" from the AV screen makes the Z1 guess something else
2. If the map warning message is displayed, it says the function is disabled (wtf?)

Lots of other small nags that other people have seen.. Theme support would be nice. SOMETHING while music plays would also be nice. Support for radio station names/songs (which has been available in major cities for 4 years) would also be really nice, but probably require new hardware.

I love my Z1, but there's room for improvement..
  • 2 weeks later...
Have the Daytime/Nightime Background change with the Dawn and Dusk time of Day rather than when I turn on the headlights. That's the way Garmin does it and it just makes sense.

I hate having to manually change it since I often drive with my lights on during the day.

BTW - new here to the forum...but very impressed with what I've learned thus far.
I would love to see the ability to but a CSV version of my contact list on a CD and have the Z1 import it into the address book. Every modern contact managment system (from Mac addressbook to Outlook) supports exporting contacts to a CSV....

It would be simple to implement.

~c
[quote name="tumtum101"]3) Ability to disable certain audio screens (Such as AM)[/quote]
That WOULD be hot... like the A/V or SRC remote button would only cycle through the ones that you pick (XM, iPod, DVD for me) but you could pick the other ones from the main source screen. Good one!
OK, here is my 2c:

* NEWER/UPDATED maps - big issue with me as main roads that have been active for 2+ years now in booming Weahawken NJ are still shown as minor roads, and not used in calculations. - Alternatively, more often updates, maybe wireless map updates via XM/Sirius...

* One touch access to phone menu ( instead of Menu + Information + Phone) - maybe press the "BT" icon!!! Cmon! [edit]

* Volume control acting on current call when BT call in progress

* Volume control acting on Navi Voice when voice is on

* Button re-mapping feature in software - Make button of choice MUTE for example

* Better Echo cancellation for Bluetooth

* Ability to dial "*" - seems like there is no "*" on the phone dial pad?!?!?!

* Customized startup Logo ( load from CD, same as backgrounds )

* Optional microphone on by touch/button ( like the Acura ) instead of 1-2 sec listening mode.

* Better BT compatibility for different cell phones so BT contacts transfers work - with my LG PM325 I cannot send even one-by-one, I get disconnected!

Seems to me like the Bluetooth was an afterthought and not a truly integrated feature.

A few others:

* Slighthly faster startup ( not to mess up the bypass or anything, but this is to slow )

* Faster Navi Voice / more control over it - lady sounds like she just woke up.

* Better learning capabilities / more intellignt reroute

* Better preview for choosing route, map is like 10 miles up and you canot see the differences in the routes, a zoom feture would solve that...

* MP3 DVD playback, not just CD - I wonder if playing with the booktype could be a trick....

* MP3 Uploads to unit

* Tie-in to car on-board computer - loved that idea.

Wishfull thinking:

* Radar detector integration - Whistler makes some really cool wireless units to get round the car firewall and I am sure they could be easely married.

* Wireless internet for music straming! - while XM/Sirius are OK, there is a much better music selection in something like ShoutCast online...

* Internet surfing ( while stationary ONLY ) as I bet the Windows Automotive it's running must support IE :)
[quote name="SemoTech"]
* One touch access to phone menu ( instead of Menu + Information + Phone) - maybe press the "BT" icon!!! Cmon![/quote]

Press and hold the MENU button for 2 seconds.

[quote name="SemoTech"]
* Customized startup Logo ( load from CD, same as backgrounds )
[/quote]

You can do it. I did it on the 2 of mine, but it's kind of a pain and you can't do it via a CD.
Thanks ducatiboy, I also got an email from BigFloppy with the same trick for the Phone menu. Works a treat, thank you both!

BTW, I posted about this already, but maybe you know, how the heck do you dial "*" ( star) using the phone keypad on screen? It has "+" and "-" but no "*" or "#" and they are not substitute symbols...