AVIC411.com

Post up your Z1 PET PEVES (firmware hope for the future)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="edrock200"]The option to have the playing source (dvd, ipod, etc) pause when the nav voice or bluetooth kicks in.[/quote]

That's a damn good idea.

By the way Edrock, I took a different route than the Z1 wanted me to take Saturday. No hesitation whatsoever this time. It immediately plotted a new course and didn't try to get me back on it's original course.
How about an ASL feature? Automatic Sound Leveling? So that the radio / navi voices will adjust with speed. I often find myself turning down the radio when stopped, and back up again once in motion. This could be done automatically, and be adjustable (or disabled) by the user. The VSS wire is already there, so the logic is minimal.

Same goes for the NAVI voice. When I'm stopped, with radio down, the NAVI voice is really loud, but at speed, with the window open I can barely hear her speaking. This should be tied dto either the volume of the radio, or speed sensitive.

Not all of us drive Lexus where this is less of an issue.

-Jeff
For increase security, for valet and car service reasons plus more, can a security touch pad pin code be implemented into the startup. Maybe a button called valet security enable/disable and this will enable/disable a 4-6 digit pin code to be entered to use the unit. Hopefully keep out the ones that you do not want to see your address book or any other important information stored in the unit.

more of an i.e. just like the pin code entry for MS HP/compaqs PPC!
For increase security, for valet and car service reasons plus more, can a security touch pad pin code be implemented into the startup. Maybe a button called valet security enable/disable and this will enable/disable a 4-6 digit pin code to be entered to use the unit. Hopefully keep out the ones that you do not want to see your address book or any other important information stored in the unit.

more of an i.e. just like the pin code entry for MS HP/compaqs PPC!
1) MP3, WMA, AAC copy to HD - would settle for at least MP3's
2) Better iPod interface - ability to type in letters to search; faster
3) OBDII interface - the vehicle dynamics is cool but not very useful. They could easily connect to the OBD II port and show much , much more useful information. If the vehicle throws a code, it could explain it and route you to the nearest dealer. Plus you could get info like MPG and it could route you to a gas station if you are getting low on fuel. Also, there would be no need to connect a VSS lead or a reverse sensor lead. It could get all that info through OBD II. Perhaps another add-on module connected through the IP-BUS??
4) How about a radar detector add-on module? I know that there is liability issues here, but it would be nice to have that in the unit.