AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

Thanks, apreciate it.

[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="edrock200"]Installers, the pac-tr7 has this long disclaimer about always hooking it's outputs to relays, not to the device, is this just a liability statement or is there real danger in wiring it directly?[/quote]

I looked on PAC's web site and I didn't see the specs I was looking for (max amount of current it can supply). Most likely this is a disclaimer of some sorts. If you hook it up to something which draws too much current then you can hurt your TR7. There is no danger like blowing up your radio or car or anything, but at worse case you would render your TR7 inoperatable. If you were going to use it to turn on 7 amps or something, then yes, you should use a relay. If you were just going to hook it to something like the illumination sense in on your Z1 you won't need any relay.[/quote]
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="edrock200"]Thanks, apreciate it.

[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="edrock200"]Installers, the pac-tr7 has this long disclaimer about always hooking it's outputs to relays, not to the device, is this just a liability statement or is there real danger in wiring it directly?[/quote]

I looked on PAC's web site and I didn't see the specs I was looking for (max amount of current it can supply). Most likely this is a disclaimer of some sorts. If you hook it up to something which draws too much current then you can hurt your TR7. There is no danger like blowing up your radio or car or anything, but at worse case you would render your TR7 inoperatable. If you were going to use it to turn on 7 amps or something, then yes, you should use a relay. If you were just going to hook it to something like the illumination sense in on your Z1 you won't need any relay.[/quote][/quote]

The positive output is rated at 2 amps. More than enough to power the ill. wire w/ a diode in line for no feedback.
Perhaps you don't have the speedometer and or speed pulse installed so it doesn't know you are moving. I noticed that when I sat there and looked at the menu items they would fade in and out as if I had been engaging and disengaging the parking brake. When it faded in, my dvd would play even moving slowly but when it faded out or my speed got to over 20 mph it would turn off. The routing always blowed.

[quote name="marathonfl"]I just purchase a Z1 yesterday, installed it last night, the light switch does work when you flash the light switch at boot up before the Pioneer screen comes up. I tried it with the E brake connected the way it should be wired to the brake, I tried it grouned,. I even left it unhooked, It doesn't matter it still will play DVD while driving with Nav fuctions. : :D[/quote]
[quote name="MChance000"]Perhaps you don't have the speedometer and or speed pulse installed so it doesn't know you are moving. I noticed that when I sat there and looked at the menu items they would fade in and out as if I had been engaging and disengaging the parking brake. When it faded in, my dvd would play even moving slowly but when it faded out or my speed got to over 20 mph it would turn off. The routing always blowed.
[/quote]

I have mine installed with speed pulse, parking brake and gps and with the pac 7 sending the pulse on startup, everything works great. Granted, it did cost an extra $25 for the TR7 plus extra programming time, but IMO thats a small price to pay for the added features. So far I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the NAV and routing, but I also live in a major city. Sucks that you had a bad experience, good luck to you on your next unit. Try the alpine IVA-W200 with NAV option, I heard it is also nice, plus it has bluetooth coming soon.
[quote name="edrock200"] [quote name="MChance000"]Perhaps you don't have the speedometer and or speed pulse installed so it doesn't know you are moving. I noticed that when I sat there and looked at the menu items they would fade in and out as if I had been engaging and disengaging the parking brake. When it faded in, my dvd would play even moving slowly but when it faded out or my speed got to over 20 mph it would turn off. The routing always blowed.
[/quote]

I have mine installed with speed pulse, parking brake and gps and with the pac 7 sending the pulse on startup, everything works great. Granted, it did cost an extra $25 for the TR7 plus extra programming time, but IMO thats a small price to pay for the added features. So far I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the NAV and routing, but I also live in a major city. Sucks that you had a bad experience, good luck to you on your next unit. Try the alpine IVA-W200 with NAV option, I heard it is also nice, plus it has bluetooth coming soon.[/quote]

The only problem with the Alpine Bluetooth is that it does not have any advanced features like the Pioneer. So basically it is like a Parrot or Motorola hands-free kit.
[quote name="htrdlnc"]
The only problem with the Alpine Bluetooth is that it does not have any advanced features like the Pioneer. So basically it is like a Parrot or Motorola hands-free kit.[/quote]

That's weird, cause I used to have a Parrot CK3100 and I think that has way more features than this pioneer. Sounds better too. The motorola one did stink though.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="htrdlnc"]
The only problem with the Alpine Bluetooth is that it does not have any advanced features like the Pioneer. So basically it is like a Parrot or Motorola hands-free kit.[/quote]

That's weird, cause I used to have a Parrot CK3100 and I think that has way more features than this pioneer. Sounds better too. The motorola one did stink though.[/quote]

Oh, well I have the CK3000. But as far as your phonebook, I guess the 3100 would do the same. I mean as far as interfacing with the navigation, poi's and stuff. Also the Z1 will "suck" your address book into it and then display it. Alpine's can't do that.
Does anybody have a idiot proof version of how to hook up the
TR-7 mod?

my installer have never done it and said he will only do it
if the instructions are 100% clear.. and so far i havent seen one thats
basically baby proof.. if you kno what i mean..

someone please help me out..

thanks
[quote name="infinkc"] [quote name="stryfox"]Thanks guys, I have the avicz1 and now my wife can actually use it when I am driving
The light trick worked for me.
I have not tried a long trip yet to see if it resets.
I have the park wire grounded ans I have not found the speed wire yet.
2004 chrysler crossfire.[/quote]

Speed Sense dk. green/white power amplifier
Notes: The power amplifier is on the passenger side floor panel under the carpet.[/quote]
Thanks you rock! I will check it out.
[quote name="htrdlnc"] [quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="htrdlnc"]
Oh, well I have the CK3000. But as far as your phonebook, I guess the 3100 would do the same. I mean as far as interfacing with the navigation, poi's and stuff. Also the Z1 will "suck" your address book into it and then display it. Alpine's can't do that.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Are you saying the pioneer will auto dial POI's if you have the bluetooth module and want to call one? I didn't know that...
Guest Matt Zorn
simply grounding the parking brake wire on new (2005 and up) units DOES NOT work. You will always get a message that te parking break wire is installed incorrectly.

Here is why: The unit must see Ground to the parking Brake wire AFTER the unit see + 12volts to the ignition wire.

Here is the Bypass for that part of it:

Use a relay. Connect the AMP turn on to trigger the relay to throw Ground to the parking break wire.

Amp Turn on - 85
Ground - 86
Ground - 87
Parking break wire from Pioneer unit - 30
not used 87a

This will simply use your amp turn (which turn on AFTER the unit is on) to throw ground to your parking break wire. The relay is used to reverse polarity.

I have done this on every pioneer screen and it works.

As far as the Z1 bypass... I have read something about a sequence of on/off lights and break. havent tried it yet.

on teh Avic N2 use the relay option and then simply connect the bypass terminals on the unit. Takes about 3 min.
Good Luck
[quote name="Matt Zorn"]simply grounding the parking brake wire on new (2005 and up) units DOES NOT work. You will always get a message that te parking break wire is installed incorrectly.

Here is why: The unit must see Ground to the parking Brake wire AFTER the unit see + 12volts to the ignition wire.

Here is the Bypass for that part of it:

Use a relay. Connect the AMP turn on to trigger the relay to throw Ground to the parking break wire.

Amp Turn on - 85
Ground - 86
Ground - 87
Parking break wire from Pioneer unit - 30
not used 87a

This will simply use your amp turn (which turn on AFTER the unit is on) to throw ground to your parking break wire. The relay is used to reverse polarity.

I have done this on every pioneer screen and it works.

As far as the Z1 bypass... I have read something about a sequence of on/off lights and break. havent tried it yet.

on teh Avic N2 use the relay option and then simply connect the bypass terminals on the unit. Takes about 3 min.
Good Luck[/quote]

Though we apreciate your input, you should really read the thread. Also, even grounding the brake wire with a relay won't help as the unit will disable the screen when it senses motion over 20mph on the GPS or speed sense wire.
Sorry....I didn't log in last time. I have a chevy trailblazer and stil can't get the bypass to work. It's been 3 days I've been trying!! :-(. Everything is hooked up per manufacturer spec. The truck has daytime running lights, and it doesn't have a convention pul out/push in typre headlight switch. It one that turns and the only way to turn off the lights are to turn the sping loaded knob to the left which automatically returns back to it's original position and turns of the parking and headlamps. Anyone have any ideas why I can't get this to work?
It will not auto dial but you just have to touch the phone icon on the top right of the touchscree and it will dial it. Great feature

Are you saying the pioneer will auto dial POI's if you have the bluetooth module and want to call one? I didn't know that...[/quote]