AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

[quote name="jkawar"]Thanks for your help!!! I am interested in any other option to replace the TR7 if someone makes one up that doesn't need to be programmed.[/quote]

The programming itself really isn't too bad, it will take you about 2-3 minutes, however the cost might be a little high for some seeing as it's just acting as a simple pulse relay.
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i only need to flash the headlights 1 time for the bypass to work and i can flash it anytime during the entire boot up prosess with a 100% sucess rate.

should save a little ware and tear on the unit and vehical lights..
Hi thanks for everyone’s help. I’m deciding what to do to see movies. Which is better?

Do I buy TR7 and bypass

or do I Use my Backup cam ( I’m not going to used the back up cam)

What are the pro and cons.
Ok, schematic is done, code is done, breadboard is done. Works like a charm and is very robust (few extra parts but is pretty much bullet proof).

No programming and 4 wire hookup. Hopefully the timing I set up (wait 4 seconds, flash headlights for 500ms, wait 500ms and then pass though what ever the illumination wire is) should be good. I'll have to build up a good prototype and hook it into the car and see how it works.

No one is interested on one of these? I'll share the schematic and parts list if people really want to build their own. Or if you want to bypass the TR7 and programming or just want to spend less... let me know. This is just a hobby/diversion for me... I don't want to make selling these a full time job or anything, but if it will help a few AvicZ1 owners out, I would be willing to make some up and ship them for shipping, parts, and my time....
[quote name="Anonymous"]Hi thanks for everyone’s help. I’m deciding what to do to see movies. Which is better?

Do I buy TR7 and bypass

What are the pro and cons.[/quote]

If you just want to watch movies and you don't have a backup cam, then hooking it though that is easiest. But with all the stuff they block out, I think it's nicer to bypass and get all the functionality back. I personally don't want to watch movies, but I do want all the functionality and I don't want to keep putting on the parking brake. And for me the TR7 was a bit too involved with programming (the instructions make my head hurt) :) It's not hard, but it looks worse than it is. And I didn't want to put in a diode or anything, so I came up with my own custom circuit and processor to do a single pulse and debounce on the illumination wire. Personally I like it (and it was a fun little 20% project for me).
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="Anonymous"]Hi thanks for everyone’s help. I’m deciding what to do to see movies. Which is better?

Do I buy TR7 and bypass

What are the pro and cons.[/quote]

If you just want to watch movies and you don't have a backup cam, then hooking it though that is easiest. But with all the stuff they block out, I think it's nicer to bypass and get all the functionality back. I personally don't want to watch movies, but I do want all the functionality and I don't want to keep putting on the parking brake. And for me the TR7 was a bit too involved with programming (the instructions make my head hurt) :) It's not hard, but it looks worse than it is. And I didn't want to put in a diode or anything, so I came up with my own custom circuit and processor to do a single pulse and debounce on the illumination wire. Personally I like it (and it was a fun little 20% project for me).[/quote]

If you have time please post the schematics.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]Ok, schematic is done, code is done, breadboard is done. Works like a charm and is very robust (few extra parts but is pretty much bullet proof).

No programming and 4 wire hookup. Hopefully the timing I set up (wait 4 seconds, flash headlights for 500ms, wait 500ms and then pass though what ever the illumination wire is) should be good. I'll have to build up a good prototype and hook it into the car and see how it works.

No one is interested on one of these? I'll share the schematic and parts list if people really want to build their own. Or if you want to bypass the TR7 and programming or just want to spend less... let me know. This is just a hobby/diversion for me... I don't want to make selling these a full time job or anything, but if it will help a few AvicZ1 owners out, I would be willing to make some up and ship them for shipping, parts, and my time....[/quote]

I would like this
I don't mind sharing with people who are into learning or making thier own things. But my schematic uses a PIC10F202 (just what I had laying around the office) if you don't have something to program these, you will not be able to use my schematic. I guess I could have used descrete analog components to build this, but what is the fun of that (I'm a software guy by trade). So I have some quick and dirty assembly code which needs to be compiled and loaded on a PIC processor.

And I'm making up an Express PCB layout to make this easy for the surface mount parts I designed this for. The original layout should yield me 18 PCB's (one for me). That's 17 left, this initial run will cost me $60 or so. So if people want some of these I would be more than willing to sell them to try to recoup some of the cost it took to build my first one (probably $100 or so by now). I figure $20 for these (including shipping)? Just a gut feeling, with wires and soldering and parts and all, it didn't sound too out of line. Of course you can get a PAC TR7 for $35ish and program it yourself (and it has way more features). But mine should be way smaller. :)