AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

southcountry...if your Ford is like my ford, and u have autoheadlights, even if you have the lights turned off and then turn them on it will not apply power to the dimmer wire when its daylight out (The sensor for the auto lights is apparently still in the circuit. I.E. it lets u turn on the headlights but it wont apply power to the radio dimmer, to get it to work when its light out you have to start out with the light switch off and the ignition off, cover the sensor on the dash, start the car, turn the lights on and off once u see the bootup message then you can uncover the sensor....takes a bit of work lol
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who can't get the light trick to work.....I had the same problem with my Trailblazer. When I installed the Z1, I attached the illumination wire from the Z1 to the Illumination wire from the car. After about 3 days, I found out through the "connection status" option, "illumination" was always showing "off". I went aback into the dask and hooked up the dimmer wire from the car to the illumination wire from the Z1. I went back to "connection staus" and found "illumination" is always on. If my foglights are on and I turn the dimmer light switch all the way down, it goes to off. So.......long story short. When I turn on my car, I have to turn on the fog lights and turn on and off the dimmer switch while it boots.

Hopefully this clears up problems I had that others are having now. :D
[quote name="southcounty"]ok..so i tried covering the light sensor on my F150 and did both the single and triple light switch method. Still doesnt work....

help?[/quote]

I would try turning on the truck, let it fully come up, go to the main menu, settings, hardware and then connection. Cover your sensor and turn on and off the lights, make sure when you do the Illumination sections goes from low to high when you turn on your lights, and then back to low when you turn them off. Once you have verified that that connection is working and doing what you think its doing (illuminaiton high and then low) then it's just a matter of timing, just before the "Starting pioneer nav" message, turn on the lights and keep them on for about a second and turn them off just before the pioneer boot screen is on. And when I say turn on and off the lights, I mean make sure the Illumination sense is going high and low like you think it is. There might be a weird thing with that wire with that vehicle.

Or you just need a circuit like I built. :)
Guest marathonfl
[quote name="Anonymous"]thanks ducatiboy.......

well, i tried the 1 light on/off method upon the "start up screen" and it did not work....sure enuf, the DVD cut out about 10mph. I have a 2005 Ford F150 ...so if anyone has any input on what can be done or what i can do right, i would love some feedback.

as noted in the post prior, my parking brake wire is grounded....[/quote]

I have a 2006 Mark LT ( same as F 150 w/bling) eBrake grounded,flash 3 times at startup Works every time.
[quote name="southcounty"]what color is that wire....how do i connect it? remember...massive newbie here. haha

so i am assuming once i get that wire connected right, i can try the light switching again..?

thanks so much for helping with my axiousness here guys....[/quote]

I don't know exactly what color you on the truck's wiring harness, but it's orange coming out of the Z1.

Here is what installer.com has for your truck
[url=http://www.installer-data.com/aacars/car_data.php?carid=2092]http://www.installer-data.com/aacars/ca ... carid=2092[/url]

Did you (or your installer) use a wiring harness to hook to the Z1? If so, I'll bet that wire is on that wiring harness. I would bet it's orange on that as well. But you should check the pinout if it came with instructions.
Guest dirtydo44
I'm thinking about buying a Z1 but I live overseas and I know the nav wont work here. My question is, if the nav is not operational, what functions will I lose? Will I still be able to use the bluetooth option to make and recieve calls from the unit? Is there another unit out there similar to the Z1 that has bluetooth and does not come with the nav option?