AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="southcounty"]sweet...i will try that tonight.

Once i do that...my connection status should not say OFF next to "Illumination Wire" correct? It should say LOW or HIGH, right?

also, how should I connect them....just crimp 'em?[/quote]

Mine just shows "ON" or "OFF" in the connection status window when it's connected properly. Crimp is fine. Best is to solder but I always thought that to be a bit overboard and not necessarily better than crimping unless you're really good at soldering.
I just emailed the guy from cructchfield and he says that I wouldnt be able to install the avic z1 without modifiying my dash, he says they have to avic 1 is the 3 inch and the other is 4 inch for most japanese double din, but since my car is not japanese and is double din about 4 3/4 inches tall, how come it wouldnt fit the whole might be a little bigger than the unit size, but than comes the clips on the side maybe that has to do with it. I was really looking forward to getting this unit, how much modifcation would you guys think would be needed to make it happen ? I'll send some pics of my current set up
[quote name="outatime"]Hi guys

Fixed the illumination wire and all is working great now, light flashing works great too, thank you for all your help.[/quote]

This bodes well for me... awesome!

Question, you have the E-brake wire attached or not?

Now, if only I could make 2 months go by real fast so I can get home to my cars...
[quote name="Tyrant11429"]I just emailed the guy from cructchfield and he says that I wouldnt be able to install the avic z1 without modifiying my dash, he says they have to avic 1 is the 3 inch and the other is 4 inch for most japanese double din, but since my car is not japanese and is double din about 4 3/4 inches tall, how come it wouldnt fit the whole might be a little bigger than the unit size, but than comes the clips on the side maybe that has to do with it. I was really looking forward to getting this unit, how much modifcation would you guys think would be needed to make it happen ? I'll send some pics of my current set up[/quote]

Sure please send some pics of your current setup, that might help me understand this better.

Go to [url=http://www.installer.com]www.installer.com[/url] and see what kind of adapter you can get for your car. If it's a double din and you have 7 inches of depth, you should be good to go, but I don't know enough about volvos. I don't know the difference between double din japanese and regular double din. I just might be confused.
[quote name="Herknav"]
Question, you have the E-brake wire attached or not?

Now, if only I could make 2 months go by real fast so I can get home to my cars...[/quote]

You can connect it like regular as it says in the manual.

I just noticed you were "deployed". Thanks a lot for doing that for us. We are all pulling for you and I hope the two monts goes fast for you too. Come home safe!
Guest Guest
I have an 06 Avalanche and I just had it professionally installed (sorry I do not know much about the wiring and setup). I have read the entire thread. The light trick does not work for me (I have the auto headlights which have 3 settings) but on the Z1 under Hardware Status my Illumination says off all the time and the sky never changes on the Nav. I tested this yesterday when it was light out and then after it got dark. I am guessing they did not wire this part correctly? Thanks
Guest at@atorres.net
[quote name="Anonymous"]I installed the Z1 in my 06 Dodge Ram. I do not have the speed pulse wire connected because I guess the new chrysler vehicles don't come with actual wires, i guess everything is computerized, but the location of the car on the map is pretty accurate without it, so i say its works pretty good with just the GPS antenna. I am gonna try the light flickering thing when i get off work, but I actually bypassed it another way, requires a little work, but not tough. Considering your not using a backup camera or having extra tv's in ur car, I ran a really short RCA cable from the rear monitor outputs ( since those can be watched while the car is in motion or not ) into the backup camera input. I then installed a switch on the reverse wire and turned on the rear display to DVD. Now all I do is flick on the reverse toggle switch and bam, it tricks the unit into thinking its recieving a rear view camera image when really its getting the image from the rear tv outputs. The neat thing about this is that when ur using navigation and u hit the rear view map, you can actually watch the video and see the map on the side at the same time :D ... so ya.. i have the parking brake on a switch too so i can use the nav controls while im in motion. It works like a charm... i just have to deal with two switches...[/quote]
[quote name="escalado1"]What about the audio. Can you have the sound also with using the back up camera input?[/quote]

The audio from the DVD will play, even on Map mode - so yes, the audio comes out the speakers, the video routes out the rear monitor output ->into the camera input...

Rick
In regards to the earlier post with the f150. I've looked at the harness and there is not a "orange" wire. Like orange/red and stuff but like the similar post with the f350 owner..my shop told me that there wasn't a wire...i'm completely confused. If you get this to work i'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Meanwhile I'm going to attempt to crimp this to my park light switch.