AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

Well, I have detailed the problems profusely in a number of post in this forum and others. For example, I 95 connects cocoa, fl and daytona beach. You would think that would be the fastest route. some how the z1 thinks US 1 is the best route, even though it drops to 35 mph through titusville and on and on. In Jacksonville it took me on a 20 minute trip through downtown when a proper route was just across the way and 5 minutes. I could go on and on....but why repeat what I have written before. Go to the problems/troubleshooting section and check it out.

[quote name="edrock200"] [quote name="MChance000"]Obviously I am aware a nav update won't require a hack. Just seems everyone is spending a lot of energy hacking for functionality and decisions that should be the owners. Not to mention even when the dvd is running it is second rate at best compared to other units on the market.[/quote]

So far I've heard you complain a lot about the NAV but with no specifics. Whats wrong with the NAV?[/quote]
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys that are not getting this bypass to work:

1. Are you turning the light on and then off at the startup?

2.. Or are you guys flashing the hi-beam?

The first method is what you want to do. At first I thought pulsing mean flashing the hi-beam-which is incorrect. Also check that your illuminimation wire is hook up correctly.
Something else to keep in mind for those who can't get the trick to work...does your car have daytime running lights or auto lights? With the daytime running lights or auto lights, do your parking lights come on? Did you tie your light wire to parking lights or headlights?

If you tied to headlights or your parking lights come on with the car (ie autolights) then turning your headlights off and on won't do you any good. Try disabling your auto headlights and try again.
Guest Avic bypass
I have a 2006 chevy silverado 2500HD. the unit bypasses with the park wire grounded all the time and lights switched three times prior to the music playing.

For those who have auto headlamps, a switch has to be installed to make the unit bypass at night. The chevy headlamps comes on with ignition whenever its night and the unit has to see open, pos, open, pos, open, pos. If it sees positive first, the unit does not bypass. The switch would have to be used to kill the positive upon start. I will post results within a day or so.

For those who plan on using the pac part, will the pac part stay open so that the illumination function still works? Its not like the alpine where they have set inputs in the brain for the park brake and foot brake. This illumination has to serve both purposes.
I can get it to work, but only if I ground the PB wire. Note....I do NOT have the speed sensor wire connected. It works fine without it and my N1, D1 also worked fine so far as the nav goes, so I left it disconnected. Is this the reason I can't get it to work with the PB wire connected properly??????
I have auto lights and I will be using two pac tr7 modules to get around this. At night, if I remote start my car, my lights come on before the ingnition even turns, which would keep the pulse to the HU from happening since it would be seeing a constant. So I will take one TR7 and hook it up to the actual factory dimmer wire and set the TR7 to delayed output. On the output I'll put a diode and then another TR7 on the other side of that diode to pulse.
[quote name="aziator"]My timing must suck, I still cant get it to work...[/quote]

when you start the car the lights illuminate on the z1....do nothing.
when the z1 sarts its boot sequence it will look something like this

21314efdsfe35453

thats when you turn on and off the headlights.....

next it will display the pioneer logo.... you can still turn on and off your lights during this time.

i usualy get 1 on and off during the boot sequence and 2 durning the pioneer logo and i do all my flashes within about 2 seconds total, so far its worked evey time....... in other words turn on and off your headlights as fast as you can and it will work..
[quote name="edrock200"]I have auto lights and I will be using two pac tr7 modules to get around this. At night, if I remote start my car, my lights come on before the ingnition even turns, which would keep the pulse to the HU from happening since it would be seeing a constant. So I will take one TR7 and hook it up to the actual factory dimmer wire and set the TR7 to delayed output. On the output I'll put a diode and then another TR7 on the other side of that diode to pulse.[/quote]

That still won't solve your problem. All that will do is keep the TR-7 from flashing your lights during the day.
You need to put a relay on the remote start so that it "breaks" the dimmer wire while the car is remote started. Putting the TR-7 on the radio side of this break would solve that problem.
[quote]Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:12 pm Post subject: Uninstall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am returning my Z1 tomorrow. You guys can spend the rest of your lives flashing headlights if you want to.
[/quote]

No need for that! Use that tr-7 to do it.. it works well and reliably, as for the trigger, I would use the remote wire to trigger it so it will do the sequence when you turn the radio on. Also, hook up the output of the tr7 to the illumination wire behind the radio, not the parking light wire. That way it should only flash the lights on the dash, not the outside lights.
[quote name="MChance000"]I am returning my Z1 tomorrow. You guys can spend the rest of your lives flashing headlights if you want to.[/quote]

Hey chance did you call tech support? I spoke with others who said they're pioneer system was reliable, has to be your setup, the way the antenna is mounted or the car. God Bless
[quote name="jack"] [quote name="aziator"]My timing must suck, I still cant get it to work...[/quote]

when you start the car the lights illuminate on the z1....do nothing.
when the z1 sarts its boot sequence it will look something like this

21314efdsfe35453

thats when you turn on and off the headlights.....

next it will display the pioneer logo.... you can still turn on and off your lights during this time.

i usualy get 1 on and off during the boot sequence and 2 durning the pioneer logo and i do all my flashes within about 2 seconds total, so far its worked evey time....... in other words turn on and off your headlights as fast as you can and it will work..[/quote]

You guys get a bunch of number on boot-up? I don't, mine just said "Starting up...."
Guest ysr80
I have noticed that when you use the light trick and drive with your headlights on after about 15 min. the bypass fails. Has anyone experienced this. I guess we are gonna have to disconnect the ill wire from the car harness
Yes, here was the response:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.
I am sorry to hear the problems you have experienced with the AVIC-Z1.
I will forward your comments to the product planning division. I am sure your comments will be looked at closely and considered for future product changes.

Thank You,

Rocky
Customer Service Representative

Which is why I finally decided to take the unit back.

[quote name="HeavenSoldier"] [quote name="MChance000"]I am returning my Z1 tomorrow. You guys can spend the rest of your lives flashing headlights if you want to.[/quote]

Hey chance did you call tech support? I spoke with others who said they're pioneer system was reliable, has to be your setup, the way the antenna is mounted or the car. God Bless[/quote]