AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="thenewkid"] [quote name="tgrove"]CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i seen it with my own eyes

and go![/quote]

So you just grounded the park brake wire then flickered the lights correct??[/quote]

Three times before the z1 starts playing music

the easier way is to use a TR7 from PAC audio
So when you do this light flicker trick you either have the ebrake seton, have it grounded or don't have it on at all? Then turn on the lights 3 times (to send 3 +12v pulses to the illumination wire), and the last time you turn them off or leave them on?

Is that TR7 easy to program? I've never used one before but I might buy one to do the pulse bypass.

I have a Z1 that I got the first day they were released. It's been sitting around waiting for me to have time to install it. Should be going in next weekend. Hopefully the bluetooth unit will be here by then.
Is anyone willing to write up a quick step by step procedure to grounding the e-brake and getting the bypass to work by flickering the lights, to include those with daytime running lights, if the lights should be kept on or off.....or does it really matter? This is the only bypass method I have seen that has worked and I'll be installing my Z1 tomorrow. I'm a newbie at this, so all the help would be great! Thatnks to everyone and their input too!! 8)
Guest Guest
Confirmed! It works! Thanks!

Now, if only someone could post a newbies guide to getting the Tr7 to work with the Z1. You don't really know if the defeat procedure worked until you start moving so a timer would be great.
YES IT WORKS...

i took the parking brake and z1 ground wires and cnnected them, then hooked them up with the chassie ground. i used quick connects on everything incase i decide not to keep it.

i do have the day time driving lights too, if you flash your high beams it doesnt work.

i am dissapointed that my neighborhood wasnt on the map and its 8 years old, wtf pioneer? so far i got to say mt garmin 320 is alot faster and more accurate but im going to give it some more time.

also the dvd video quality is worse than the jenson vm9020ts that the z1 replaced.
Guest imoveteeth
Mine didn't work with parking break grounded. I had to disconnect the parking break ground in order to make it work. I also found that if you ground the break while you are watching DVD's in motion, everything stops.
If someone has a tr7, i would like to program it, i have one but its hooked up inside of my car right now, the programming is very intence to do, i have mine used for a starter kill, that requires a series of dash buttons in my car to be pressed within a certain amount of time. The programming for the z1 is not a standard tr7 option and will take some time to get it to work, but im 90% sure i can get this thing to do what i want.

I need to be certain the things that need to go on for the bypass:
is this correct?

1) parking brake has to be grounded on startup.
2) flash the lights 3 times about a second apart.
3) disconnect the parking brake wire.

correct me if im wrong. If this is the case the programming should be fairly eash to do, or i might just create a circuit that i will share.

Please someone let me know if you have a TR7 lying around, i will try and program it and send it back to you after its programmed and tested for your own use.
[quote name="imoveteeth"]Mine didn't work with parking break grounded. I had to disconnect the parking break ground in order to make it work. I also found that if you ground the break while you are watching DVD's in motion, everything stops.[/quote]

you must ground the parking brake, try it again and i bet you make the bypass work.
[quote name="Anonymous"]Is anyone willing to write up a quick step by step procedure to grounding the e-brake and getting the bypass to work by flickering the lights, to include those with daytime running lights, if the lights should be kept on or off.....or does it really matter? This is the only bypass method I have seen that has worked and I'll be installing my Z1 tomorrow. I'm a newbie at this, so all the help would be great! Thatnks to everyone and their input too!! 8)[/quote]

just ground the pb wire to the chassie ground, then turn on and off the headlights 3 or more times after the z1 starts to boot up and while it says pioneer its still booting as you dont have enought time to flash 3 times while its jsut siplaying the #s, and yes i have the daytime running lighs too. good luck and post your results back.
Guest imoveteeth
what i'm saying is that mine works without the parking break grounded...

As fot the TR-7, I plan on programing it to activate a generic flasher for around 3-4 seconds, activated by the ACC or AMP turn on. PAC said the TR-7 couldn't do what we need it to all on its own.

Should be pretty easy to do it this way...
[quote name="imoveteeth"]what i'm saying is that mine works without the parking break grounded...

As fot the TR-7, I plan on programing it to activate a generic flasher for around 3-4 seconds, activated by the ACC or AMP turn on. PAC said the TR-7 couldn't do what we need it to all on its own.

Should be pretty easy to do it this way...[/quote]

Err...why can't the tr7 do it?
Guest tman40
if you read my reply earlier you dont have to flash your lights just run your video out rca jack to your camera in jack in back of your radio this is step by step on how to. first after doing the above push the AV button to AV SETTINGS to SYSTEM SETTINGS, CAMERA INPUT (ON) AV INPUT (VIDEO)
AUX INPUT (ON) in the AV SOURCE MENU make sure REAR SCREEN DVD IS ON now after all that has been done PUSH THE MAP BUTTON hit REAR VIEW
watch movies and DRIVE SAFELY repeat you donot have to flash your lights.
1 more thing i did ground parkbrake
:wink: