AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

I did not have the illumination wire hooked up so I installed it last night. I too can't seem to get it to work. I did have the tuner set to XM, and flashed the lights 3 times while it was booting. The E brake was off, and it is hooked up correctly according to the installation manual. Do you wait till you see "Pioneer navigation loading" on the screen or can you do it anytime as long as the music hasn't started? Actually I tried it 4 times today and still can't seem to get it right. Any thoughts???

Thanks,
Kevin
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Joshua
[quote name="jack"] [quote name="Anonymous"]I installed the Z1 in my 06 Dodge Ram. I do not have the speed pulse wire connected because I guess the new chrysler vehicles don't come with actual wires, i guess everything is computerized, but the location of the car on the map is pretty accurate without it, so i say its works pretty good with just the GPS antenna. I am gonna try the light flickering thing when i get off work, but I actually bypassed it another way, requires a little work, but not tough. Considering your not using a backup camera or having extra tv's in ur car, I ran a really short RCA cable from the rear monitor outputs ( since those can be watched while the car is in motion or not ) into the backup camera input. I then installed a switch on the reverse wire and turned on the rear display to DVD. Now all I do is flick on the reverse toggle switch and bam, it tricks the unit into thinking its recieving a rear view camera image when really its getting the image from the rear tv outputs. The neat thing about this is that when ur using navigation and u hit the rear view map, you can actually watch the video and see the map on the side at the same time :D ... so ya.. i have the parking brake on a switch too so i can use the nav controls while im in motion. It works like a charm... i just have to deal with two switches...[/quote]

that sounds great, only i need the rear view camera. let us know how the light flicker works out for you. also do you have any pics of video and nav on the same screen ?[/quote]

I know that the ebrake ground does not work for most people (even if you don't hookup the speed wire). The unit takes a bit longer before it will disable (about 1-2 minutes) but it will generally still disable and give you a faulty ebrake warning message.
[quote name="jack"] [quote name="Anonymous"]If you connect the speed pulse wire will it affect this bypass? Is the speed pulse wire necessary?[/quote]

it says failure to make this connection will increase errors in the location display. now is that true ? i dont know. but personally im thinking of just selling my z1 and getting a unit that will do video and nav at the same time, ie the eclipse.

im kind of on the fence to hook up the z1 without being 100% that the headlight flashing will bypass the safety features. and right now its only hearsay on wether this trick actualy works[/quote]

I have the z1 in my ford truck. I can say for a fact that the light flickering works every time for me. The z1 works like your parked when Im going 70mph. Everythings work perfectly. I just hope that it doesnt hurt the unit at all.
[quote name="KBryan"]I did not have the illumination wire hooked up so I installed it last night. I too can't seem to get it to work. I did have the tuner set to XM, and flashed the lights 3 times while it was booting. The E brake was off, and it is hooked up correctly according to the installation manual. Do you wait till you see "Pioneer navigation loading" on the screen or can you do it anytime as long as the music hasn't started? Actually I tried it 4 times today and still can't seem to get it right. Any thoughts???

Thanks,
Kevin[/quote]

Is your brake wire grounded? It needs to be.
Guest tman40
You can watch video while driving ground park brake then run your video out to camera in and watch through camera view camera has to be set to on in
settings than go to map than rearview and watch movie note the dvd has to be playing to do this :wink:
OK.....I grounded the PB wire and now in Nav mode I can search and view Nav Traffic where before I could not. Also, you could not change backgrounds unless the PB was on. I was able to with it set up as above. I have NOT tried the video yet. Also, I didn't have enough time to drive around and see if any functions disabled due to motion. It seems to be working as you all say it will. I wish I had more info, but I didn't have enough time to try it all. I will do so ASAP and let you all know.

Also...I just found out my Bluetooth Unit ND-BT1 shipped today. Should have it Wednesday. I'll let you know how that works once I get it installed.

Kevin
[quote name="KBryan"]OK.....I grounded the PB wire and now in Nav mode I can search and view Nav Traffic where before I could not. Also, you could not change backgrounds unless the PB was on. I was able to with it set up as above. I have NOT tried the video yet. Also, I didn't have enough time to drive around and see if any functions disabled due to motion. It seems to be working as you all say it will. I wish I had more info, but I didn't have enough time to try it all. I will do so ASAP and let you all know.

Also...I just found out my Bluetooth Unit ND-BT1 shipped today. Should have it Wednesday. I'll let you know how that works once I get it installed.

Kevin[/quote]

Yeah it will let you do that if you ground the PB wire because that's the same thing as using the parking brake! You need to actually move the car to test it see if it works otherwise it's opporating as intended. ;-)
[quote name="jack"] [quote name="Anonymous"]I installed the Z1 in my 06 Dodge Ram. I do not have the speed pulse wire connected because I guess the new chrysler vehicles don't come with actual wires, i guess everything is computerized, but the location of the car on the map is pretty accurate without it, so i say its works pretty good with just the GPS antenna. I am gonna try the light flickering thing when i get off work, but I actually bypassed it another way, requires a little work, but not tough. Considering your not using a backup camera or having extra tv's in ur car, I ran a really short RCA cable from the rear monitor outputs ( since those can be watched while the car is in motion or not ) into the backup camera input. I then installed a switch on the reverse wire and turned on the rear display to DVD. Now all I do is flick on the reverse toggle switch and bam, it tricks the unit into thinking its recieving a rear view camera image when really its getting the image from the rear tv outputs. The neat thing about this is that when ur using navigation and u hit the rear view map, you can actually watch the video and see the map on the side at the same time :D ... so ya.. i have the parking brake on a switch too so i can use the nav controls while im in motion. It works like a charm... i just have to deal with two switches...[/quote]

that sounds great, only i need the rear view camera. let us know how the light flicker works out for you. also do you have any pics of video and nav on the same screen ?[/quote]

ok... so when i left work today... i flipped the lights on and off 3 times... about 2 seconds apart... and wow... i never thought it would be so simple to bypass it... everything works while ur driving... even when you press the voice commands, it shows u the avialabe commands while driving... its pretty damn sweet... im impressed by this trick... i just wonder if it causes and damage to the unit somehow... who knows... but it does in fact work...
[quote]Edited by Jason to fix image.

From deleted post: "heres a pic of the rearview camera display with navigation... its actually showing my dvd... pretty neat in my opinion... "[/quote]

sorry about the last post... this is what it looks like with the dvd playing with nav on side

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/moeman2323/IMG_2319.jpg[/img]
Guest aziator
I have an 06 Chevy truck and the light trick doesn't work for me. I have a backup cam so that isn't an option. Right now I have a switch inline with the speed sensor so I can disrupt that and a switch on the parking brake wire so I can make it think the brake is set. when I turn the speed sensor off and turn the parking brake on it will play movies for a while then the GPS will sense that I am moving and display the "don't watch movies while driving" thing. All I have to do is cycle the switches and it is fine again for a while. I know this isn't the end fix but it works for now until the true fix is discovered.