AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

[quote name="htrdlnc"]Here's what I've done.

1) Parking brake cannot be connected. I installed a switch to ground anyway, because you might need to in the future.
2) You must flash, or power-up illumination wire once while that message is on in the upper left hand corner. Not when the Pioneer screen comes on.
3) I connected a TR-7 to be triggered by the amp turn-on wire, wait 3 seconds, and then pulse the illumination wire once. I installed a diode on the ill. wire, so I can still use it without it back feeding to the parking lights.
4) You get that TR-7 programming from the website. There are 5 bonus features you get there. Not in the instructions, and not from tech. The instructions it comes with only go to #16, you need #17.

How is that for sharing!![/quote]

what feature did you use and how was it programmed?
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the website? I can't find it.
[quote name="htrdlnc"]Here's what I've done.

1) Parking brake cannot be connected. I installed a switch to ground anyway, because you might need to in the future.
2) You must flash, or power-up illumination wire once while that message is on in the upper left hand corner. Not when the Pioneer screen comes on.
3) I connected a TR-7 to be triggered by the amp turn-on wire, wait 3 seconds, and then pulse the illumination wire once. I installed a diode on the ill. wire, so I can still use it without it back feeding to the parking lights.
4) You get that TR-7 programming from the website. There are 5 bonus features you get there. Not in the instructions, and not from tech. The instructions it comes with only go to #16, you need #17.

How is that for sharing!![/quote]
[quote name="barrettsc"]So can you be moving and the DVD picture does not go away? Mine goes away, and leaves the audio, at precisely 20 km/h[/quote]

Did you pulse your headlight at least ONCE at the Z1 startup screen? If you don't do it fast enough, you may have to redo it.

1. Insert key into ingition.
2. Start the car.
3. Wait to see "Start up..." on AVIC-Z1
4. Pulse your light Once (turn headlight on and then off)

That should do it. If not, then maybe you don't have your illumination wire connect properly. :?: Read the entire thread, lots of good info posted.
Guest miker104
I have a question that has not been asked yet.. Has anyone who is not a guest or a sudden member got this to worK?????? I am starting to think maybe this is a big joke. I could be wrong but it seems like everyone who got this to work was not around a couple of weeks ago when everyone was looking for a bypass... just keep this in mind while racking you brain why it does not work for you.. Or who knows maybe pioneer let this little Joke out.. :P
[quote name="miker104"]I have a question that has not been asked yet.. Has anyone who is not a guest or a sudden member got this to worK?????? I am starting to think maybe this is a big joke. I could be wrong but it seems like everyone who got this to work was not around a couple of weeks ago when everyone was looking for a bypass... just keep this in mind while racking you brain why it does not work for you.. Or who knows maybe pioneer let this little Joke out.. :P[/quote]

Miker,

I am finding new forums everyday. I am a long time member of f150 online, truckmoxie, and the12volt.com. I have been "looking" for this info since I got the unit over two weeks ago.
I finally found it on the 12volt.com and a few hours later the post "vanished". Screw that forum and their legal obligations.
Since then I have found different variations leading up to the flash parking lights once during "starting Pioneer navigation" screen.
This is confirmed and working.
[quote name="Anonymous"]Whats the website? I can't find it.

[url=http://www.pac-audio.com]www.pac-audio.com[/url]

When you find the adobe TR-7 instructiions, it will tell you about the bonus features.
[quote name="jdpdata"][size=150]some info from a Civic forum[/size]

[color=blue]okay, extensive experimentation...

green wire grounded (no connection to e-brake)
:start car and at "starting pioneer navigation screen" flicker your lights
:you have to hit "okay" to confirm connection is legal
:you also have to hit "okay" to confirm the e-brake isn't properly connected
:the dvd will then play regardless of the position of the e-brake
:you can switch in between navi, dvd, am/fm, and library

green wire properly connected to e-brake
:e-brake must be off
:start car and at "starting pioneer navigation screen" flicker your lights
:you have to hit "okay" to confirm connection is legal
:the dvd will not play if e-brake is engaged and then released (must restart car and redo the whole process in order to get dvd w/o e-brake on)
:you can switch in between navi, dvd, am/fm, and library

note: when i say "flicker", it means the first initial screen will show a message at the very top stating the pioneer navigation is initializing and at that very moment you turn your lights on and off. the good thing with this is they can even be your parking lights so it's not as obvious that you're screwing around. if you do it at that very moment (since this screen is on for only a second or so), you only need to flicker your lights once. if you miss that screen i would just recommend restarting from the beginning, but i also had luck flickering my lights about 5 more times during the loadup screen following the initialization screen when i intentionally missed the first queue.

to me, the best way to do it is the grounded way, because then it doesn't matter how you start the car or if you have to use your e-brake for some reason, but there is an extra "okay" screen you have to touch because it knows that it's not connected properly

this is pretty much directed toward gaspar, but i'm sure it's informative to anyone else interested in the Z1.[/color][/b][/quote]

how this is said, the second one seems better to do, since you are leaving the e brake off it is not grounding the wire, so why not leave the wire off all together and then you wont have the "ebrake is not properly connected msg" and you dont have to press "ok" and you will never have to worry about the e brake being set to have to start over.
[quote name="miker104"]I have a question that has not been asked yet.. Has anyone who is not a guest or a sudden member got this to worK?????? I am starting to think maybe this is a big joke. I could be wrong but it seems like everyone who got this to work was not around a couple of weeks ago when everyone was looking for a bypass... just keep this in mind while racking you brain why it does not work for you.. Or who knows maybe pioneer let this little Joke out.. :P[/quote]

Funny, I thought of the same thing. I've been looking for the hack since I bought my Z1 back on March 24th. A few members from other forums I lurked at confirmed that they found a hack weeks ago, but none were willing to share or if they did share, moderators from those forums quickly deleted the info. On a side note, did anyone notice many threads from other forums are being deleted about the hack. This is the only forum so far that still shows instruction how to do it.

My guess is that Pioneer built-in the hack to minimize "complaints" that could potentially lead to lawsuits for disabling features. They waited awhile after the initial release to see people respond to the crippled features. Apparently, someone from Pioneer finally leaked the info.

It's not JOKE, it does work. Many people have confirmed this. I'm hoping no permanent damage will result from this hack.
Granted I am new, but I do belong to other forums. I found this forum when I was looking for info on the Z1 and when it would be out. I did get this to work as well. Granted I haven't played with it as much as the rest of you have, but I can confirm it works.
Actually the post the vanished from the12volt.com made sense.

The writer said that everytime he "remote started" his car, the video would be bypassed.

He figured that the only thing that the Z1 and his remote start had in common was the parking lights.

He tried to manually do it and it worked. The internet, and word of mouth and wouldn't you know it, the greatest discovery to us since the wheel, LOL!!
Guest Ryanbiker
[quote name="htrdlnc"]

I finally found it on the 12volt.com and a few hours later the post "vanished". Screw that forum and their legal obligations.
Since then I have found different variations leading up to the flash parking lights once during "starting Pioneer navigation" screen.
[quote]
yea what is up with the 12volt forum, what ever happened to freedom of speech? Guess those darn canadians got issues. They block every bypass topic, yet they have the CVA 1000 bypass as a Stickey topic, who cares about a 10 year old system anyway.

so i guess the best way is to:

not connect the e brake at all
flash the lights once on the "pioneer loading" screen(wont hurt to do it more than once)
press ok to the stupid nav warning
drive and watch dvds and use the nav as it should be.
[quote name="htrdlnc"]I would put the e-brake wire on a switch. You don't want to bury it, in case you need it.[/quote]

why would it ever be needed, just curiuos? i dont see any reason other than if a cop wanted to see it functioning properly.