AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

looks like i will install my z1 after i go golfing today, hopefully i can have it done by 7pm. if this works i will post video of it in action.

the only problem i have is with flashing the headlights is i got thoes stupid daytime driving light and i dont think they are able to turn off completely, if anyone knows how to shut them off let me know, its a 2002 toyota sequoia.

here is a link to the switch [url]http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2084[/url]
im sure it can be found cheaper

looks like ebay is the place to buy [url]http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=pac+tr7&category0=[/url]
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="JasonH"] [quote name="solrackm"]will the pac tr7 work with z1? and also the time window for flashing your lights is about 2 seconds[/quote]

It should work. Just program the TR7 to send 3 pulses over 2 seconds.[/quote]

you can even set it to turn on with the remote out wire on the deck, so everythime it turns on the bypass will activate.
So you just flicker the lights three times before the music comes on. I have a honda civic 06 will this work........any i don't know how to set up the Tr7 or how to install ?....can anyone help me pls........ :roll:
[quote name="JasonH"]I do not have a Z1, and can't test this, but you either:

1. Flash the headlights 3 times while the Z1 turns on.
2. Get a TR7 and program it to send 3 pulses over 2 seconds upon power up.[/quote]

So even if i have running daytime lights will this work? What wires do i hook up the TR7 to?.........thanks for the help :lol:
[quote name="Anonymous"]If you connect the speed pulse wire will it affect this bypass? Is the speed pulse wire necessary?[/quote]

it says failure to make this connection will increase errors in the location display. now is that true ? i dont know. but personally im thinking of just selling my z1 and getting a unit that will do video and nav at the same time, ie the eclipse.

im kind of on the fence to hook up the z1 without being 100% that the headlight flashing will bypass the safety features. and right now its only hearsay on wether this trick actualy works
I installed the Z1 in my 06 Dodge Ram. I do not have the speed pulse wire connected because I guess the new chrysler vehicles don't come with actual wires, i guess everything is computerized, but the location of the car on the map is pretty accurate without it, so i say its works pretty good with just the GPS antenna. I am gonna try the light flickering thing when i get off work, but I actually bypassed it another way, requires a little work, but not tough. Considering your not using a backup camera or having extra tv's in ur car, I ran a really short RCA cable from the rear monitor outputs ( since those can be watched while the car is in motion or not ) into the backup camera input. I then installed a switch on the reverse wire and turned on the rear display to DVD. Now all I do is flick on the reverse toggle switch and bam, it tricks the unit into thinking its recieving a rear view camera image when really its getting the image from the rear tv outputs. The neat thing about this is that when ur using navigation and u hit the rear view map, you can actually watch the video and see the map on the side at the same time :D ... so ya.. i have the parking brake on a switch too so i can use the nav controls while im in motion. It works like a charm... i just have to deal with two switches...
[quote name="Anonymous"]I installed the Z1 in my 06 Dodge Ram. I do not have the speed pulse wire connected because I guess the new chrysler vehicles don't come with actual wires, i guess everything is computerized, but the location of the car on the map is pretty accurate without it, so i say its works pretty good with just the GPS antenna. I am gonna try the light flickering thing when i get off work, but I actually bypassed it another way, requires a little work, but not tough. Considering your not using a backup camera or having extra tv's in ur car, I ran a really short RCA cable from the rear monitor outputs ( since those can be watched while the car is in motion or not ) into the backup camera input. I then installed a switch on the reverse wire and turned on the rear display to DVD. Now all I do is flick on the reverse toggle switch and bam, it tricks the unit into thinking its recieving a rear view camera image when really its getting the image from the rear tv outputs. The neat thing about this is that when ur using navigation and u hit the rear view map, you can actually watch the video and see the map on the side at the same time :D ... so ya.. i have the parking brake on a switch too so i can use the nav controls while im in motion. It works like a charm... i just have to deal with two switches...[/quote]

that sounds great, only i need the rear view camera. let us know how the light flicker works out for you. also do you have any pics of video and nav on the same screen ?