AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

This will work for watching video but doesn't help with the disabled nav functions. The flashing lights trick does, plus some of us use the reverse cam.

[quote name="tman40"]if you read my reply earlier you dont have to flash your lights just run your video out rca jack to your camera in jack in back of your radio this is step by step on how to. first after doing the above push the AV button to AV SETTINGS to SYSTEM SETTINGS, CAMERA INPUT (ON) AV INPUT (VIDEO)
AUX INPUT (ON) in the AV SOURCE MENU make sure REAR SCREEN DVD IS ON now after all that has been done PUSH THE MAP BUTTON hit REAR VIEW
watch movies and DRIVE SAFELY repeat you donot have to flash your lights.
1 more thing i did ground parkbrake
:wink:[/quote]
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest luvtoys
Here is what we have figured out. Works great. Except having to do it every time you start up your vehicle.

Start up your vehicle
When the prompt on your avic z-1 comes up in the top left hand corner when it is first booting up you turn your parking lights on and off one time and presto your off watching dvd with no problems, just don't use or parking brake or will have to do over.
[quote name="luvtoys"]Here is what we have figured out. Works great. Except having to do it every time you start up your vehicle.

Start up your vehicle
When the prompt on your avic z-1 comes up in the top left hand corner when it is first booting up you turn your parking lights on and off one time and presto your off watching dvd with no problems, just don't use or parking brake or will have to do over.[/quote]

So then in theory you can have the TR7 send only one pulse to the dimmer wire and never hook up the brake wire. Do you have your speed sense wire attached?
Guest Jasn1981
I have my entire Z1 hooked up. That includes speed pulse, xm, ipod, no damn bluetooth yet though. And It works fine. I have been doing 3 pulses, with the brake wire grounded. Sometimes It doesn't work, but that's probably just because sometimes I am retarded and miss the timing. :roll:
Kudos to whoever found the bypass trick...and thanks for sharing! Some pricks on the other forums found the bypass weeks ago, but did not share. Does not sharing makes them feel superior? :roll:

Anyways, mine WORKS great now, everything is unlocked. Never thought the bypass would be so simple. Wonder why Pioneer would built-in such a hack, or is it an unintentional flaw that they will soon "patch"?

Regardless, the AVIC-Z1 will be selling like hotcakes now that the bypass is leaked.

And JasonH thanks for creating this great forum. Best site on the web for AVIC info period.
So some of you that did this trick and had it work have your parking break wire grounded?

And what about the rest of you guys did you have the parking break off, or on and then do the 3 pulse then turn the parking break off?
Here's what I've done.

1) Parking brake cannot be connected. I installed a switch to ground anyway, because you might need to in the future.
2) You must flash, or power-up illumination wire once while that message is on in the upper left hand corner. Not when the Pioneer screen comes on.
3) I connected a TR-7 to be triggered by the amp turn-on wire, wait 3 seconds, and then pulse the illumination wire once. I installed a diode on the ill. wire, so I can still use it without it back feeding to the parking lights.
4) You get that TR-7 programming from the website. There are 5 bonus features you get there. Not in the instructions, and not from tech. The instructions it comes with only go to #16, you need #17.

How is that for sharing!!
[size=150]some info from a Civic forum[/size]

[color=blue]okay, extensive experimentation...

green wire grounded (no connection to e-brake)
:start car and at "starting pioneer navigation screen" flicker your lights
:you have to hit "okay" to confirm connection is legal
:you also have to hit "okay" to confirm the e-brake isn't properly connected
:the dvd will then play regardless of the position of the e-brake
:you can switch in between navi, dvd, am/fm, and library

green wire properly connected to e-brake
:e-brake must be off
:start car and at "starting pioneer navigation screen" flicker your lights
:you have to hit "okay" to confirm connection is legal
:the dvd will not play if e-brake is engaged and then released (must restart car and redo the whole process in order to get dvd w/o e-brake on)
:you can switch in between navi, dvd, am/fm, and library

note: when i say "flicker", it means the first initial screen will show a message at the very top stating the pioneer navigation is initializing and at that very moment you turn your lights on and off. the good thing with this is they can even be your parking lights so it's not as obvious that you're screwing around. if you do it at that very moment (since this screen is on for only a second or so), you only need to flicker your lights once. if you miss that screen i would just recommend restarting from the beginning, but i also had luck flickering my lights about 5 more times during the loadup screen following the initialization screen when i intentionally missed the first queue.

to me, the best way to do it is the grounded way, because then it doesn't matter how you start the car or if you have to use your e-brake for some reason, but there is an extra "okay" screen you have to touch because it knows that it's not connected properly

this is pretty much directed toward gaspar, but i'm sure it's informative to anyone else interested in the Z1.[/color][/b]