AVIC411.com

finaly got my update just new maps alittle bit of work on the blue tooth can type with small letters in the libray and custom splash screens so far thats all i found and DID NOT effect my 2 wire bypass

So was it worth it? Is the bluetooth a lot better or what?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have been following all the stories coming out of Pioneer, hear is a little information that may clear up one item. We have heard that we had to go to a dealer to get this update installed. To address that, I got my upgrade disc today. On the back of the carton it has the following:

Notice to all users:

This software requires that the navigation unit be properly connected to your vehicle's parking brake. If not properly connected and depending on your vehicle, additional installation may be required.

WARNING

Do not attempt to install this software or service your navigation system by yourself. Installation of software or servicing of the navigation system by persons without training and experience in electronic equipment and automotive accessories may be dangerous and could expose you to the risk of electric shock and/or cause permanent damage to the navigation system or your vehicle.

Web-connected computer is required for the online issuance of passowrd.

Software installation must conform to the procedure shown in the operation manual

The user data stored in the hard disc drive of the unit may be erased if unexpected error occurs during software installatiion. Pioneer is not responsible for any data loss or unavailability of user data.

Please be aware that once you break the shrink wrapping on the disc, this product can not be returned. This software package is unique, and cannot be installed on more than one unit.

For more information, Please contact you Authorized Pioneer Electronics retailer or call us at (800) 421-1404.

So, if you are not capable of sliding a CD into the slot strait and able to follow the on screen instructions, then yes you will need to take it to a dealer for the install. Ummm - I think I can handle the challenge!

Also, I found it very interesting that they included a full sheet, "Terms of Sale" in about a 4 pt or smaller font with the disc. They have covered their asses from every conceivable angle.

Same here. I see you are in the Bay Area - so am I. I have not yet had any issues with the maps, and the points of interest are great too. I have been able to find places I was sure would not be in the database.

If they had done something about the iPod interface or drastically improved the bluetooth, I'd shell out for the update, but not for just maps.

well, guess I'll just hold off for now. 250 for a map I think not.

bay area me too. But I have seen quite a few mapping errors. The errors I found were similar, the real addresses were a few blocks off on the same road. Some of those errors were right on El Camino Real in Cupertino near the intersectoin of De Anza Blvd. It frustrated us, we were late and the address wasn't there where Z1 said it would be.

Yes, $250 for this is not fair - having bought it just 6months ago. But may be we can come up with some innovative idea :-), all being in bay area. What do you think?

If you're still using the Ducati boy flasher like the page in your signature says, you definitely need to do the Z1 bluetooth update whether you plan to upgrade to Z2 software or not. It made a huge difference, and is very little work to change your bypass

So was it worth it? Is the bluetooth a lot better or what?

bay area me too. But I have seen quite a few mapping errors. The errors I found were similar, the real addresses were a few blocks off on the same road. Some of those errors were right on El Camino Real in Cupertino near the intersectoin of De Anza Blvd. It frustrated us, we were late and the address wasn't there where Z1 said it would be.

Yes, $250 for this is not fair - having bought it just 6months ago. But may be we can come up with some innovative idea :-), all being in bay area. What do you think?

DAMN! I am not too far off that area. Scary to see how many people are from the same location.

I installed the upgrade disc tonight into my Z1. I only got one failure stoppage at 14%. I had gone inside the house after starting the upload and went back in twenty minutes to check on it and found it stopped. I thought to myself, ol boy here we go - a five hour install as I've read others have had. I decided to go get a couple of magazines and come back to the car so that I could watch it closer, in case it stalled again. Surprise - it went the rest of the distance without a hitch. It took 2 hrs and 55 mins to complete.

When I ordered the maps I also called over and ordered the Bluetooth fix. I wasn't 100% sure that it was in the map upgrade disc so to be sure, I slipped that disc in after the map upgrade was done and I was a little surprise to have it tell me that this was an older disc, please insert the newer one. I though it may say that these files are already installed, but I didn't expect it to imply that the maps disc had a newer fix in it. That is good if that was what it meant. I don't think anyone else has discovered that.

I live in a small town so didn't expect to see many map changes here, but right-a-way out of the driveway I saw a change. The alley across the street had shown up as a street in the older version, but now it was gone. The streets where I work are still missing from the maps. I'm taking a trip to Portland Sunday so will check it out more throughly then.

I will do the bypass soon and hope it works as well as the others have.