AVIC411.com

whtcrxghst wrote:

The CNDV70MP is the update disks for the N and D series, not the Z series

I looked at the Pioneer site and whtcrxghst's comment appears correct. I see no reference to the Z1 in regard to the systems updated by the new update discs.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Europe you can just buy the disc, generate the password and self install. According to the update manual, install takes approx 3 hours....

3 Hours!?...looks like I'm going to have to break out the battery charger.

Reading the manual, it's a 2-phase approach. Fase 1 is updating the maps etc., this takes approx 3 hours. Phase 2 is updating the system software. This takes about 10 minutes.

Again according to the instructions, you can interupt the map updates, where the unit will continue with the update where it left off...

For the system software update to work, you HAVE to be in a specific screen (map screen, displaying your current position) for it to work. This last update procedure must not be interrupted....

Reading the manual, it's a 2-phase approach. Fase 1 is updating the maps etc., this takes approx 3 hours. Phase 2 is updating the system software. This takes about 10 minutes.

Again according to the instructions, you can interupt the map updates, where the unit will continue with the update where it left off...

For the system software update to work, you HAVE to be in a specific screen (map screen, displaying your current position) for it to work. This last update procedure must not be interrupted....

So does this mean you can update the maps without updating the software (ie. bypass)?

So does this mean you can update the maps without updating the software (ie. bypass)?

Possibly, but looking at other threads the US update would actually allow you to continue using the Z1 bypass. However, note that in Europe we do not have this problem :) . Over here it's enough to simply ground the handbrake wire.....

the update is out,i just got this email.

Dear Valued Customer,

We wanted to let you know that our first shipment of the new

2007 navigation disc (CNDV-70MTP) just arrived. We were

able to get our first shipment earlier than we expected. The

discs are now available on pioneerelectronics.com.

http://pioneer-usa.rsys1.net/servlet/cc ... klQgLlV2VS

We have limited quantities and will assign discs on a first c

ome basis.

Thanks,

Pioneerelectronics.com

This message was sent by Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. using Responsys Interact.

http://www.responsys.com/rsvp.asp

Safely unsubscribe from Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. e-mail at any time:

http://pioneer-usa.rsys1.net/servlet/op ... JHlmDgLmE0

View our permission marketing policy:

http://pioneer-usa.rsys1.net/servlet/pp ... JHlmDgLmE0

And it list's the models it works with and Z1 is not listed.

If so we might need to take a Z2, update it, make sure the bypass works, and then clone that drive to a Z1's drive and then your Z1 is updated to a Z2. Not the easiest thing, but it might be doable.

And it list's the models it works with and Z1 is not listed.

If so we might need to take a Z2, update it, make sure the bypass works, and then clone that drive to a Z1's drive and then your Z1 is updated to a Z2. Not the easiest thing, but it might be doable.

I was only pointing out that the discs NUTTZZY34 was referring to (CNDV-70MTP) are for the N & D series not the Z1/2.

I was only pointing out that the discs NUTTZZY34 was referring to (CNDV-70MTP) are for the N & D series not the Z1/2.

Exactly. This doesn't seem to be the update we are waiting for. If the update converts a Z1 to a Z2, why would it be ok to load into the D & N series?

The website also mentions; "Note: Does not change the XM Radio or iPod Interfaces." We know the XM interface on the Z2 has different icons than the Z1.

I think this is simply a map update for the D & N series. The Z2 UPGRADE may be still to come...