AVIC411.com

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent an email to Pioneer customer service today requesting information on the update for the Z1 (map and misc info). The customer service rep sent me an email that stated I had to find a Pioneer dealer to load this information into the Z1. That is a big rip off. The informaiton can easily be provided thru a DVD disk, to upgrade the unit. Going to a dealer is a waste of time and money. I also have a Lincoln Zephyr with the navigation unit. Lincoln(ford) provides a free disk upgrade every year or so for this unit. Pioneer should be supplying the navigation upgrade free of charge. I believe this is a safety issue. The data base needs to remain current in order to reduce safety issues while driving. Most of the portable navigation units can be upgraded free of charge over the internet. Pioneer is being very greedy and charging for this upgrade when it should be supplied free of charge to anyone that paid for the Z1, Z2, D2 units. I believe a class action lawsuit may be possible since this is a safety issue, and Pioneer is to blame.

I was sold on the Avic Z1 because of its features.

The unit is the biggest waste of money I have spent. I would never pay $500 for such a "Cadillac" product they claim this unit to be.

My unit worked problem free for 2-3 months, then all of a sudden the bluetooth on the AVIC disconnects on its own. I've watched the unit for months now as to when it does certain things and doesn't...like the auto learn feature... doesn't always work.

The maps are innodated although they claim 2005 data...it is inaccurate.

Pioneer Canada has an attitude that they think the problem is the bluetooth and phone, when all three phones we have tried with the unit have worked problem free for 2-3 months...then the same crap happens. So they won't take the unit in for repair. BTW - the same phones are listed as compatible on this forum.

I agree, they need their heads smacked for ripping people off. Pioneer has a HISTORY of this... and there's enough out there to make them open their eyes.

For all you spoiled brats out there that like your unit and have a beef with comments from people who earn their money and complaining about the Avic Z1, get a life and start paying for your own instead of mom and dad.

ok guys i got my 700HD in i put it in and it says unreadable disk. so i called tech support and he tells me that the usa version is not out yet then he tells me my disk has already been used and i should send it back and buy on from and autherized dealer and then have a trained tech install it. so i was like whatever, so i called the place i bought it they are a pioneer dealer and a hell of alot nicer and i told her what was going on and shes ganan find out and call me back. I mean i installed the whole system i know how to put a cd in WTF. and sugjestions?

ok i just got off the phone with them and they said to keep hitting retry and it will do it and mine has started up.. yea it sucks to have to keep doing retry but if you dont get the upgrade done it will not reboot to normal either and you can not restore it... so I would recomend hitting retry... a lot...