AVIC411.com

Z1, Z2, and Z3 HDD FAQ

I'm trying to upgrade to a larger hard drive and followed the instructions here to restore the individual partitions to a 120GB drive. I used Acronis and set the Music partition to 93.x GB. I've also restored the MBR/Sector 0 partition in the Z3 image. When I insert the hard drive into my Z2 and check the available drive space, it says that only 11% free space is available, even though I have no music in the drive yet.

I guess the only thing that wasn't clear to me is, am I suppose to restore the MBR partition?
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

TUTORIAL FOR INSTALLING DEVICES TOMTOM NAVIGATOR 7 PNA with Windows CE 4.2 or Windows CE 6.0

Instructions:

1. Go to and download the file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4SB2Q84I TDFTT.rar (password: Javiermb.com). It contains five files. Rar.

2. Unzip the file on the SDCARD 1.navigator.rar. (Password: demonfatal)

3. The following is copy the map you want on the SDCARD. The last of Iberia as of April 2010 is Iberia 845.2647 (Example Map France 725.1871):

4. Now put the SDCARD on your device and run the TTN7BOT.EXE that is inside the folder navigator.

5. TomTom Navigator 7 is loading ... now close it or reset the device.

6. The map should be activated. 2.EasyUseTools.rar Unzip the file (password: demonfatal).

7. Copy the file 2.EasyUseTools (activator of maps) on the hard drive of your PC.

8. Now copy the file. Goal is inside the map folder and paste the SDCARD insert_meta_from_Map_here folder that is inside the folder EasyUseTools just put in the hard disk of your PC.

9. Using Notepad, open the file ttnavigator.bif which is in the navigator folder in SDCARD.

10. In the 4th line ttnavigator.bif, copy the number that follows the text in the file DeviceID.txt DeviceUniqueID is inside the folder called activator Easyusetools maps. Next, save and close.

11. Now, run the file RunMeforDCT.cmd is inside the folder Easyusetools.

12. First, choose option 1 and hit Enter.

13. Again choose option 1, give Enter and close the window once the process is finished press any key.

14. Go to the folder and copy insert_meta_from_Map_here the new file. Meta.dct created within the map folder. With this, the map should be enabled.

15. Now, run the file again TTN7BOT.EXE is inside the folder and set the TomTom navigator but do not look SATELLITE YET.

16. The next thing is to go to Menu 2 of 3 from TomTom and choose Route Plan.

17. Click on Address.

18. Then in Center City.

19. Choose any town or city as home.

20. Then, choose any town or city as a destination that is as close as possible to the above and give to Yes, this is so that each time you start TomTom, it has a route taking longer filled and as little as possible and avoid the famous memory error Not enough memory is available.

21. Choose the fastest route and hit Done.

22. The TomTom will begin planning the route chosen.

23. The following is click Done.

24. Click on Exit the application.

25. Now, unzip the file 3.WCE.4.2.rar (password: demonfatal)

26. Then, copy the SDCARD.

27. Now, in the map folder make a copy of the planned route: MapSettings.cfg copy the file containing the route, and there within the map and paste it into a new folder name shall MapSettings within the TomTom folder TT7.WCE.4.2 call.

28. Unzip the file 4.NOTE_PRJ.rar.

29. Next, copy the file in the folder NOTE_PRJ.DLL TT7.WCE.4.2 on SDCARD.

30. Now, unzip the file 5.TT7 Navigator.mscr.rar.

31. Copy the contents into the SDCARD, TT7.WCE.4.2 inside the folder.

32. Open the file TT7 Navigator.mscr with Notepad and edit the names of your directories and / or folders as shown in the example. Then give to Save and Close.

Notes: 1 / SDCARD on some devices can be recognized as Storage Card, in others as SDMMC, etc ... 2 / map directory name must be equal to the map folder that we have written to the file TT7 Navigator.mscr . 3 / The folder where the TomTom does not have to call TT7.WCE.4.2, can simply call TOMTOM, then you must have the same name TomTom folder that what we put in the appropriate section in the file TT7 Navigator.mscr. 4 / What you get with the file to edit is TT7Navigator.mscr that run the TomTom GPS with preloaded route from the beginning, so that each time you boot Mapsettings.cfg delete the file that is within the map at that time and replace it Mapsettings.cfg file in the folder that you created earlier called Mapsettings in turn, which contains the TomTom. 5 / So every time we use the TomTom we deleted the favorites, POI's and other settings that have changed during the route and that each time you start the TomTom is cleared

Mapsettings.cfg which is the file that contains all the data. To avoid this and after exiting the application Tomtom, would connect the GPS to your PC and copy the file Mapsettings.cfg there at that time in the map folder to the folder Mapsettings. It is recommended to always well kept, the original file containing the first Mapsettings.cfg planned route: you can save to your pc or just rename it within the GPS to avoid to have two identical files, ie, leave as Mapsettings.cfg the file that contains everything that interests us.

33. Now, you can delete the folder navigator of the SDCARD.

34. And finally you're ready to use TomTom. But ALWAYS run the TT7 Navigator.exe and no other, as shown in the image below.

35. Run TomTom and configure to your liking.

ENJOY!

REDSPIDER DEMONFATAL