AVIC411.com

my only point is that 95% or better of the Z2 owners say heat brought it on.

on a 100 degree day mine freezes till i cool the HD

i have seen my HD degrade to not working on cool days like yours after getting too hot. your boot files or drivers are probably corrupt from the heat. have you done the bypass update?

you know that electrical components dont like heat and it has been confirmed by doing read test on the these toshiba HD,s in the HU that they trow many read errors once hot and when i say hot it still meens well below the 75C threshold we have now. if you still think about it many interiors of our cars dashes are getting hotter then 75C on hot days also confirming the heat issue.

heats the culprit for the vast majority of the freezes hands down the only people who think otherwise are the pioneer tech,s trying to wish a different solution before sending these units back NTF

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, didn't fix mine. Well, haven't had a freeze yet, but a new problem popped up right after the update. I can't enter an address / destination anymore ( even when in park ).

I dont know what to do. I'll probably call Pioneer, don't have too much hope on getting any help from them though. I might have to do a reset and see if that works.

Z1? Did you have the flasher bypass installed?

Nope, didn't fix mine. Well, haven't had a freeze yet, but a new problem popped up right after the update. I can't enter an address / destination anymore ( even when in park ).

I dont know what to do. I'll probably call Pioneer, don't have too much hope on getting any help from them though. I might have to do a reset and see if that works.