AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Thanks for they bypass. it works.. how did you guys ground the 2nd wire from connector 2? the wire is short and not sure of where to ground so i used the black screw on the back of z2. Also, my rear camera does not work. Anyone else experienc the same issue. I checked the connection its fine. The rear view is enabled but the picture is constantly black.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i'm not a newbee by any means but I've got some of the same updating issues as others....Hyperite....I will pay my $50 gladly as soon as I get this working.

1. I have a March Z2 unit with Ver 1 software PUI-C or something like that. I unlocked the drive and rew.rote the software to the June virgin image PUI-D. My unit took the update and all seemed ok.

2. I have both the HD700 disc ( 7 gb) and your .iso to update. t

3. Both get stuck at 68% and I've hit the retry over a hundred times.

Any suggestions?

Also, I tried to copy the June virgin image to the 40gb HDD people have had success with and it tells cannot use HDD. I used Acronis just like on the 30gb HDD, no changes to the partitions.

Thanks in advance.

One more question, does anyone know how to expand a .000 file to the original file on a PC?

The order does not matter pmason. If you do not have the 2 wire mod completed you will need to engage your parking brake in order to enable the "yes" button for the software update to begin.

I had the software installed first then did the 2 wire mod. After the mod I simply needed to reboot my z2 and it was all good. Drove a couple more hundred miles last weekend and it still working 100%. Good luck!

Thanks for they bypass. it works.. how did you guys ground the 2nd wire from connector 2? the wire is short and not sure of where to ground so i used the black screw on the back of z2. Also, my rear camera does not work. Anyone else experienc the same issue. I checked the connection its fine. The rear view is enabled but the picture is constantly black.

The ground should be ok. Honestly you should have grounded it to the same black wire from the power harness. Inside the Z2 the shell should be connected there too, but I would not recommend grounding it there. But it works so changing it now might not be necessary, but I wouldn't keep it there if I were you. It's not hurting anything, but more from a "purist" standpoint.

As for the reverse camera, check your settings, the update might have turned it back off. Reverse cameras have to be set up on the Avic, tell it you have one and when to turn on (high or low). Go in the settings and try reenabling it. It's probably all that is.

-------------------METHOD 2 (assed out easy)------------------

CDROM ISO!!!!

1. Download this 30MB file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7

2. Burn to CD or DVD.

3. Insert in Z2, press Map, and run the update!

4. Press the recessed reset button once, and your Z2 is now 2-wire bypassable.

This is for Z2 UNITS ONLY!!!! This will not upgrade your Z1, and actually might leave it unusable, as it relies on some firmware that isn't installed. Turns out the update disc was pretty easy to cut down to just the files needed to update for the bypass.

Hyperite - You are the man!

I've owned the N2 (solder method) and the N3 (dip switch - loved that one). My N3 got hi-jacked couple of weeks ago and I replaced with the Z2. Really liked all the new stuff but fought the bypass to a stalemate until I found out about avic411.com.

Your Method 2 is the way to go. I have the May 2007 ed. of the Z2. Step 3 required a reset as unit reported disc format unreadable. After reset, prompt pop-up asking if I wanted to upgrade - after the upgrade completed the unit self reset and the rest is history. Complete bypass - tested and true. Four days/many miles day and night and no issues.

For those of you that have experienced issues, just follow the instructions!

• Perform the 2-wire bypass first
    Burn the image to disc
    Insert disc
    Perform Reset (may or may not be required)
    Follow the prompts
    Perform Reset

Thanks again,

CJ

:D Donation to the cause:

Paypal Transaction ID:

6EY01081FX765035E

I'm new to this...I just gotten my Z2 and list date on the box" JUNE"... my question is that : Z2 with the date June bypassable or do I have to Upload the file and update the Z2 unit... before doing the 2 wire bypass .....Thanks

I am having problems with getting the Z2 to update with the cd I made with hyperite's upload. When I download the file it automatically opens the roxio cd creator with no files. I tried burning the file to the cd with Roxio but i think this is the problem. Is the file a zip? I cant seem to open the download with the image. I have read every topic to make sure I tried everything before sounding like a loser. If some can please help let me know if i need to use a another software or something. I even tried burning the file on a CD-R and a DVD+R the dvdR says unreadable disc. I tried reseting it but it just keeps saying the same thing.

Thanks

Most likely already bypassable

I'm new to this...I just gotten my Z2 and list date on the box" JUNE"... my question is that : Z2 with the date June bypassable or do I have to Upload the file and update the Z2 unit... before doing the 2 wire bypass .....Thanks

Not to argue, but doesn't it have to be July not June to already have the bypass loaded from the factory?

I am having problems with getting the Z2 to update with the cd I made with hyperite's upload. When I download the file it automatically opens the roxio cd creator with no files. I tried burning the file to the cd with Roxio but i think this is the problem. Is the file a zip? I cant seem to open the download with the image. I have read every topic to make sure I tried everything before sounding like a loser. If some can please help let me know if i need to use a another software or something. I even tried burning the file on a CD-R and a DVD+R the dvdR says unreadable disc. I tried reseting it but it just keeps saying the same thing.

Thanks

TL,

By double clicking the ISO image file Roxio should open to the "Burn Image to Disc" window.

If you burn the image to disc using Roxio (My version is 9) you should have the following items on your disc:

3 folders:

• CONF
    Renewal
    SDATA

2 files:

• discinfo.tx
    discid.dat

Insert disc into unit if not prompted to update or if you get a "Disc format unreadable", try resetting the unit and see if you get the update prompt on boot. If not, you gotta bad burn.

I would have the bypass already done before the update.

Good Luck!

Not to argue, but doesn't it have to be July not June to already have the bypass loaded from the factory?

Correct. June requires the update disc, as do SOME July dates. I've only seen one July image, and it was bypassable without update, but other people have said their July required the update.

And tkk, you can do the 2-wire mod at any time. Order of update and wiring doesn't matter.