AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Thank you very much for posting this hack! I will install my AVIC Z2 this weekend, and I am glad I can install it with the bypass right away.

I have two questions though:

can someone please post what the 2 wire bypass is?

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

This is the bypass for the Z1, is the Z2 wired exactly the same way as the Z1 (same connections, connectors etc)? So if you apply the Z1 wiring it won't damage your Z2??

Also, the iso image that Hyperite posted (thanks!) is that copyrighted material? I don't want to get anybody in trouble by using this iso if there are any legal issues?

Thanks again to all that made this hack possible!!

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the bypass for the Z1, is the Z2 wired exactly the same way as the Z1 (same connections, connectors etc)? So if you apply the Z1 wiring it won't damage your Z2??

Correct.

Also, the iso image that Hyperite posted (thanks!) is that copyrighted material? I don't want to get anybody in trouble by using this iso if there are any legal issues?

Kindof a gray area.

It sounds like the other pin is not grounded. Check to make sure that the pin has not backed out of the connector.

Which other pin?

You have to do the "two wire by-pass". Read the first post on this tread. Here's a link to the directions on how to do this, look at the 07/06 by-pass.

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

Did you load the ISO?

You have to be a heluva good guy to help out so many of us. Thanks for your work!!

I have to be missing something stupid. I burned the file Z2BypassUpdate.ISO to a CD. I put it in the deck, press the map button and nothing happens. I am expecting an update prompt. What am I doing wrong?

You have to be a heluva good guy to help out so many of us. Thanks for your work!!

I have to be missing something stupid. I burned the file Z2BypassUpdate.ISO to a CD. I put it in the deck, press the map button and nothing happens. I am expecting an update prompt. What am I doing wrong?

When you stick that cd back into a computer, look at the cd. Is it just the ISO file on the CD? You are not supposed to put the ISO file on the CD, but use the ISO file to tell the CD burning program HOW to burn the CD. If you use Nero, you can hit Burner - Burn Image, select the ISO and it will put a bunch of files on the CD and burn the CD with the instructions that are embedded in the ISO.