AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hyperite and whoever else assisted him, thanks. I can also confirm it works. I just replaced my Z2 that had been stolen. I had the shop wire it up and do the bypass. I then left and did the update.

I had no issues with the update, smoooooth as silk. I did burn the disk at 4x (SLOW) as I read some posts about CD issues. Forgot about the need to reset and had the annoying brake message. After I got back and checked the thread again, I saw that the reset was to clear that warning. Presto, Brake error is now GONE!

I have all of the controls while driving, which is what I was after. I did not test the DVD play as it's not an item I want, need or recommend using. Keep your eyes on the road.

Thanks again.

-M

Does anyone know what Pioneer harness the Z2 bypass socket uses? I would like to buy this harness.

My installer did not do a good job of grounding the "cell phone mute" wire. I looked at the harness and, due to factory amp, NONE of the other wires on this harness were used. ONLY the bypass wire was even hooked up. So, for me, I have the option to just get a new harness and better secure the wire. For now, I slipped the mute wire directly on the terminal and taped it up, no harness at all. I found some pictures of pioneer harnesses at installer.com http://www.installer.com/wires/pioneerwire.html

Does anyone know which harness I am looking for?

By the way. I unlocked my hard drive and now have 3-4 hard drives that I am testing. I am a computer science major in college and am pushing forward with various hacks on this unit. First thing I have to is find a hard drive that works without random reboots. I have tried 2 5400rpm drives so far, picking up 2 more today. Thanks to all the hard work of the various Z1/Z2 contributors. Hopefully, I can contribute more hacks for this very nice head unit.

The one linked below. It looks nothing like the ones in your pictures, much smaller

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... um=CDE8084

Does anyone know what Pioneer harness the Z2 bypass socket uses? I would like to buy this harness.

My installer did not do a good job of grounding the "cell phone mute" wire. I looked at the harness and, due to factory amp, NONE of the other wires on this harness were used. ONLY the bypass wire was even hooked up. So, for me, I have the option to just get a new harness and better secure the wire. For now, I slipped the mute wire directly on the terminal and taped it up, no harness at all. I found some pictures of pioneer harnesses at installer.com http://www.installer.com/wires/pioneerwire.html

Does anyone know which harness I am looking for?

I picked up some high density female pins for RS232 (serial port), some 22 gauge solid wire and heat shrink tubing. Gonna try a permanent grounding tomorrow.

I have successfully replaced the hard drive with 5400rpm with no lockups or reboots.

I reset mine after the update and i still get the brake warning everytime i start my car

Forgot about the need to reset and had the annoying brake message. After I got back and checked the thread again, I saw that the reset was to clear that warning. Presto, Brake error is now GONE!

Thanks again.

-M

its bypassed correctly. the bypass works fine but i get the stupid brake warning only when i 1st start my car

it sounds like it was not bypassed properly. check your wiring.

"bypassed correctly" only works as a description if you are moving and everything still works. It's not bypassed correctly if it's locked out while moving.

If it's UNLOCKED while stopped but it's LOCKED while moving it's not BYPASSED. The bypass will have it unlocked all the time. Don't mean to be a stickler for definitions but it will help everyone understand what's going on and possibly point you in the direction of the solution.

If you have access to stuff while stationary but not while moving it's 1 of 2 things:

1. you didn't load the hyperite iso disk in there but you grounded both wires you were supposed to.

OR

2. the update ISO is loaded correctly, but when you grounded the wires, the parking brake sense wire is grounded but you did not ground the "second" wire in connector 2.

Just a note to all on the bypass. I had 10 customers with 1st gen z2's and updated all of them successfully I ending up using alcohol 120 to burn image and it woked great. Thanks to all. If anyone cannot get the image done properly or doesnt want to spend the money on an image burner. 10 bucks and i will do one for u and send you a copy.