AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just tried doing it on another computer and the same thing happened. it goes in and nothing happens. i hit map and it takes me to the navigation screen. i have no idea what i am doing wrong. is it the way im burning it?? how am i suppose to tell the navi to update??? does it do it by itself?

If the disk was burned correctly, when you stick in the disk if you are in AV mode I think it will say "CD Rom" or something and just sit there and not do anything. If you hit map or on the nav screen, it will bring up a screen automatically to say "do you want to perform this update? Yes or No" and if the parking brake is not on (or the parking brake sense wire is not grounded) it will have the "yes" grayed out. But it's pretty automatic. I think you can see the nav screen in a 1/4 inch outline behind the box that asks if you want to perform the update.

The most common problem I would say is that the burned disk would have the ISO file on it in data mode. You need to run Nero (or img burn, or Alcohol 120%) and don't burn a data CD and put it on there, but you want to tell it to burn the ISO file and select that file and it will create the disk with all the files on it. That's a very common problem. Many people mistake that with putting the ISO file on the disk.

If when you stick the disk in and hit map and it just sits there, then I would focus on the disk. I'm guessing there is something wrong with the burn or how you are doing it.

what does this bypass enable u to do ? i just got the z2 today and installed. i grounded the parking brake and grounded the pin 2 on the white harness.. i put the cd in with the file on it and it didnt read it . but everything seems to be working just fine.... also i have a 2008 f350 that i can not locate the vss wire.. thanks for all your help

I ran the second option CD, ran both bypass cables as instructed. My stock Z2 unit has been bypassed I can now access my bluetooth phone menu and dial from the screen and watch DVDS on the fly.

Problem, my unit no longer recongnises my Pioneer Rear view camera

My navigation is of-calibrated

My AV1 input which was ipod video is grayed out

Any suggestions

Go into the initial/setup unit and turn on your camera input and change the AV1 input to 'video.' Give it some time and it should calibrate

I ran the second option CD, ran both bypass cables as instructed. My stock Z2 unit has been bypassed I can now access my bluetooth phone menu and dial from the screen and watch DVDS on the fly.

Problem, my unit no longer recongnises my Pioneer Rear view camera

My navigation is of-calibrated

My AV1 input which was ipod video is grayed out

Any suggestions

i just tried doing it on another computer and the same thing happened. it goes in and nothing happens. i hit map and it takes me to the navigation screen. i have no idea what i am doing wrong. is it the way im burning it?? how am i suppose to tell the navi to update??? does it do it by itself?

If the disk was burned correctly, when you stick in the disk if you are in AV mode I think it will say "CD Rom" or something and just sit there and not do anything. If you hit map or on the nav screen, it will bring up a screen automatically to say "do you want to perform this update? Yes or No" and if the parking brake is not on (or the parking brake sense wire is not grounded) it will have the "yes" grayed out. But it's pretty automatic. I think you can see the nav screen in a 1/4 inch outline behind the box that asks if you want to perform the update.

The most common problem I would say is that the burned disk would have the ISO file on it in data mode. You need to run Nero (or img burn, or Alcohol 120%) and don't burn a data CD and put it on there, but you want to tell it to burn the ISO file and select that file and it will create the disk with all the files on it. That's a very common problem. Many people mistake that with putting the ISO file on the disk.

If when you stick the disk in and hit map and it just sits there, then I would focus on the disk. I'm guessing there is something wrong with the burn or how you are doing it.

i have nero on my other computer ill try doing it again. but same thing happend with the nero burned disk too. i put it in and it just said cd-rom. should i just wait longer??? how long will it take to prompt me? in nero i selected date disc(iso) and burned it like that. still didnt seem to work do u think i downloaded the file right??? this is what it looks like on my desktop

3489bypass.JPG

i just draged that into nero and burned that to a cd. what am i doing wrong??

would someone be willing to burn me a cd that works for sure and then send it to me?

thanks for the help and sorry im an idiot

i have nero on my other computer ill try doing it again. but same thing happend with the nero burned disk too. i put it in and it just said cd-rom. should i just wait longer??? how long will it take to prompt me? in nero i selected date disc(iso) and burned it like that. still didnt seem to work do u think i downloaded the file right??? this is what it looks like on my desktop

3489bypass.JPG

i just draged that into nero and burned that to a cd. what am i doing wrong??

would someone be willing to burn me a cd that works for sure and then send it to me?

thanks for the help and sorry im an idiot

Choose the option burn image to disc under Back Up option.