AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a link that should help you this is what did it for me.

Moderator Edit: if you want the directions to the 2 wire bypass it's posted here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

I do not believe the light green wire is in connector #1. That connector should be empty. The first 4 ports on that particular connector is empty. I removed my guide on wire (a yellow wire with a black tripe and put it into the connector 2 position. then i ran that wire to a screw that was already grounding another wire inside my strereo housing area. I didnt see a light green on my wire harness but my parking brake wire was already grounded. so i didnt bother to look for the light green wire. I reset the system inserted a dvd went driving around it worked great.

I believe connector #2 is white. Connector #1 should be black. The cellphone mute wire should be connected to ground. just ground it to a metal surface of the car using a screw or connect to another wire that is has already been grounded. look at the instructions in the link trust me it helps.

how to ground it to that wire though?

I don't mean to be a smart ass, but you really need to find some local help or a shop to do this for you. I'm not saying anything negative about you no knowing this stuff, but if you don't understand this concept, then you either need to find a friend who can help you or pay a shop to do it. No amount of text in one of these posts will be able to give you the tutelage you need that would make me feel comfortable to tell you to work on car wiring. Better to pay someone to do it than pay for a new Avic.

first of all...thanks for tips....

I made sure the disc was burned as an "IMAGE"

when I press map......the map screen comes up....then system says

"Already Updated"

I press reset.

DVD/Functionality goes in and out. Will not stay working

Do I continue to keep pressing RESET?

OR......did my Sound Advice Installer not due a proper Two-Wire by pass?

I am close to going crazy....and am getting really good at throwing CD-R disc down my driveway

Help?

I'm no expert on this, but if your z2 already has the update installed then the only problem could be the two wire bypass was either not accomplished or done incorrectly.

I'd double check to make sure you have v.2.0 in the Settings>Service Info scree. If you do, then I would double check secure connections of the two wires.

Hope that helps.