AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Has anyone experienced a system rebooting on its own while driving?

Yesterday I ran the update and everything worked like a charm. Today my wife said the system rebooted itself while she was driving. She didn't touch it, it was on XM Radio at the time. Subsequently, there seems to be no impact since it still appears bypassed. So more a curiosity at this point, since it had never done that before the update.

Cheers

I have a few times. There's a few possibilities:

1- Vibrations lock the hard drive, and to regain access the system reboots itself

2- Loose wires in the back (fix that ASAP)

3- System too hot (though it should stay off for a few minutes with a high-speed fan running if this is the case, not quickly reboot)

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone experienced a system rebooting on its own while driving?

Yesterday I ran the update and everything worked like a charm. Today my wife said the system rebooted itself while she was driving. She didn't touch it, it was on XM Radio at the time. Subsequently, there seems to be no impact since it still appears bypassed. So more a curiosity at this point, since it had never done that before the update.

Cheers

I have a few times. There's a few possibilities:

1- Vibrations lock the hard drive, and to regain access the system reboots itself

2- Loose wires in the back (fix that ASAP)

3- System too hot (though it should stay off for a few minutes with a high-speed fan running if this is the case, not quickly reboot)

So this has happened prior to the update for you? Cool if thats the case. Going to gambit its vibration and not heat, since temps where mild yesterday and wiring is soldered / firm.

Thanks!

i did the update, reset my unit and everything worked great. no more parking break message and i could use all the functions. about a day later the parking break message came up and it doesnt work. if i reset the unit it will work again for a little then the same thing. has anyone else had this problem? does this mean my bypass isnt hooked up properly?

thanks

Ok, you said you did the update and you reset your unit. First, is your unit a z2? Second, did you do the two wire bypass as well? If you did the two wire bypass yourself, did you make 100% sure that the wire you moved AND the connector were BOTH seated firmly and securely? That would be where I would look. The ONLY reason this bypass shouldnt work is if the ground is not applied. The software itself, if burned correctly, works perfectly.

The thing that puzzles me is that whenever it goes out i reset the unit and then it is bypassed again for a while. would this just be a loose wire?

I am thinking your unit may not have gotten the update correctly.

sometimes on a stock unit, it takes it a while to catch that the vehicle is moving and the parking break is set, thus giving the error.

try putting your update disk in again, and see what the unit says.

I actually started another thread about this exact issue I'm having. The update seemed to go fine. The bypass appeared to work after resetting. But today, after driving about a mile the brake warning came on and the bypass stopped working. I reset. Bypass worked fine again. This time I went maybe 20 miles before I got the brake warning and it stopped working (though I had put the car in park once during that trip, towards the end of it, but I definitely didn't go the same distance).

I did contact my installer and he was pretty sure he had wired it properly for bypass already, but he's going to check here (and online) later and get back to me...

i havent looked at this forum in literally 4 days and all of this has happened?? 12 pages later, all these success stories and ALL questions answered, im feeling great right now! just downloaded the iso and will do everything tomorrow ASAP!! AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WORKED ON THIS BYPASS!! GREAT WORK!

Another success story!

I followed Hyperite's "Method 2" install and update method and it worked fast and first time no problem.

Z2 - locked hard drive - no previous updates or hard drive work - 2 wire bypass done already at install - downloaded the Z2 bypass image no problem - burned image using Toast 6 on a Macbook Pro - followed "Method 2" instructions as written - everything loaded first time and it took less then 5 minutes from start-up to driving down the road with a bypassed Z2.

Now, lets see whats happening over time.

congratulations to all that worked so hard on this bypass and of course thanks for sharing the information and making this possible.

ok problem...i burned the image to a cd no problem there. i inserted it into my z2 and it went very smoothly, said it was updated and i hit the reset button. my installer said he wired it for the bypass when he installed it, anticipating that something like this would come out. well...its not working! the messages still pop up and nothing is functioning correctly

please help! i was so excited everything went smoothly and much to my amazement, my unit wasnt effected by the update

Wow - got kinda a nooooob overload on page 12 --

guys - make sure you have grounded pin #2 correctly (along with the parking brake) if it is loose or not perfect it will randomly kick the bypass off and make you reset - make sure the wire is in the connector correctly and the connector is in the Z2 all the way (you shouldn't be able to pull it out without pushing the button at the top)

and as for the image - make sure you are D/L the iso and not just the files - if you are downloading a rar, thats the wrong file.. read the post again.

after you click the link you have to type in the security code at the top to download it.

after you download it, make sure you have a burning program that opens the ISO and burns the files, not just burning the ISO to a cd as a single file.

then when you put that cd in your HU - give it a few seconds to load - hit map if it doesn't automatically ask to update. if it says it's already updated then don't worry about it. when it confirms that you want to update you have to have the Ebrake engaged to hit the yes button (or already have the wires grounded)

hope this helps. and next time, try looking for you answer first.