AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

pull ur hand brake

or ground the wire

Damn rookie!

Thanks mazdaspeed. Setting parking brake worked.:lol:

engage the ebrake

.......and the retard of the month award goes too..... (drum roll)..... BRANDON402!!! YAY........ Thanks wikked.... im a moron. :lol::oops:

The .iso works wonderfully. Now I just have to do my wiring and Im good to go......... and then slap myself in the forehead a few times too. lol.

Brandon...had you seen my post yesterday (several pages back), it could've saved you the shame.:lol:

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pull ur hand brake

or ground the wire

Damn rookie!

Thanks mazdaspeed. Setting parking brake worked.:lol:

engage the ebrake

.......and the retard of the month award goes too..... (drum roll)..... BRANDON402!!! YAY........ Thanks wikked.... im a moron. :lol::oops:

The .iso works wonderfully. Now I just have to do my wiring and Im good to go......... and then slap myself in the forehead a few times too. lol.

Brandon...had you seen my post yesterday (several pages back), it could've saved you the shame.:lol:

Thats ok, if you cant laugh at yourself, then you have no business making fun of others, nor do you have any business laughing at anyone else. So.... heres to me.. "hahahahaha look at the idiot!!! hahahahahah...." rofl.

what why me i just told you to grond the hand brake wire :?

Okay, I'm electrically inept. I can make sense of what to do with wire #2 -- there's a picture for crying out loud. But, grounding the light green wire has me stumped. After I remove it from the clamp, how do you "ground" a wire. Do I need to mount it to the body/frame?:? Thanks.

And yes, mazdaspeed, this is the "rookie" again.

I copied the file down onto a CD from the site. Inserted the CD into the Z2 and hit the 'map" button. Nothing happened.

Questions.

Do I need to unlock the hard drive first?

After hitting the 'map' button do I have to hit another button?

Do I have load the al the files in one directory of just he 'sdata" folder with all the sub folders and files?

HELP Please

UPDATE:

Well, after successfully installing the software, I decided..... "eh, what the heck, lets see if I can do the wiring and stuff on my own." Now, mind you, the wiring isnt something that I was afraid of. I do that stuff every day at work. It was the thought of ripping into my pretty new 07 Camry SE that had my dingaling shriveling like it had just met a glass of ice water.

But I threw caution into the wind, found the service manual for my vehicle (thank you TN.com), hit up DB's site, and viola, presto chango, abracadabra.... it worked. I was able to search, watch movies, and all that jazz while moving. The search while moving is REALLY going to come in handy.

So, once again, Hyper.... you are the proverbial shit my man. Big thanks! And ive got that fifth for ya if you're ever in the Omaha area.

I copied the file down onto a CD from the site. Inserted the CD into the Z2 and hit the 'map" button. Nothing happened.

Questions.

Do I need to unlock the hard drive first?

After hitting the 'map' button do I have to hit another button?

Do I have load the al the files in one directory of just he 'sdata" folder with all the sub folders and files?

HELP Please

Your method of burning may be whats wrong here. What program did you use to burn the file? Also, did you have the ebrake engaged? Or, do you already have the two wire bypass done?

If you have a z2, which you said you do, then you DO NOT need to unlock the drive.

Also, if the software was burned correctly, you dont actually have to press any buttons when you install the disk. Mine read the disk, then started the whole process on its own, I only had to press the yes button a couple times.

hey guys, THANKS FOR THE BYPASS!!!!! I just finished reading this forum and immediately downloaded the file and burned it and installed it on my Z2... and you know what???? IT WORKED ON THE FIRST TRY! this is awesome! it turns out that the guys who installed my Z2 for me already did the 2 wire bypass because it works!!! This bypass came right on time, I'm driving to orlando on Friday! yaaaaaaaaaaay!

again, THANKS! :D

now, you know what would be pretty cool? if there was a way to copy MP3's to the hardrive and get them to play so that we can store more music.... any ideas? :D:D:D