AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a current owner of a Z2....was installed at Sound ADvice.

Installer did the wire bypass

I have read ALL 23 pages of the forum and still can't get this done.

I am using NERO...but not sure if it was burned as an image or data?

When I put a new CD-R disk in: Data already updated icon comes up?

DVD player works for a minute then goes

away. If it was burned as DATA...would this

be the problem? Or did the installer not do

the ground properly?

I don't know if it is data or image?

I am not retarded.....just not computer savey.

I will gladly donate FO-sure....just want to get it done...it would be the least I could do.

HELP!

I am a current owner of a Z2....was installed at Sound ADvice.

Installer did the wire bypass

I have read ALL 23 pages of the forum and still can't get this done.

I am using NERO...but not sure if it was burned as an image or data?

When I put a new CD-R disk in: Data already updated icon comes up?

When that "new compilation" window comes up with the list of disk types on the left (vertically arranged icons) hit CANCEL. Then click on the menu RECORDER and then BURN IMAGE and select the image file (ISO) and it will burn the disk for you.

When you insert the disk and hit MAP on the Z2, it should come up with a "do you want to install this?" screen and you have to hit YES. If this doesn't happen something is wrong with your disk.

You can check the disk(s) you made so far, by putting them in the PC, on the disk does it have the NAME OF THE FILE.ISO on it? (I can't remember the actual name of the file).... OR does it have a bunch of files whose names you have never seen before. If it's an ISO file on the CD, that was wrong (and you won't get that with RECORDER - BURN IMAGE) if it's a bunch of weird files, that's a correctly burned disk.

Be sure to select to burn the disk at a SLOW speed. The slower the better I would say. I have talked to a couple people who were getting lots of "retry" errors while updating and burning a disk at a slower speed helped.

Then if you are still getting the parking brake warning when you turn the car on, reset the unit with the small recessed button to the right of the eject button on the bottom left of the Z2.

Maybe someone can help me here.

I've read the whole forum, two or three times. I burned the image to the CD, inserted CD, ran the update, hit RETRY 44 times and finally worked. After 100% it rebooted, installed the files, I hit OK at the time/date default screen. Now I'm thinking good to go. SO, I hit the RESET button, and it rebooted. However, the system hung at the splash screen. So I hit reset again. Now it just hangs at the begging where it says "Starting Pioneer Car Navagation System..."

I haven't done the two wire bypass yet. Do I have to do the two wire bypass before I can get the system to boot back up again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I haven't done the two wire bypass yet. Do I have to do the two wire bypass before I can get the system to boot back up again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

No, you don't need to do that to get it to boot up. Something is weird. Usually that symptom is a problem with files on the hard drive. Maybe do a level 2 - 4 reset. But it's not cause you didn't ground the 2 wires.

Ok I left the Z2 alone for a while so myself and the Z2 could cool off! :D

It booted up and hung again at the text screen. I hit RESET and finally booted up! Was really worried I was going to be the unlucky one!

I will be doing the bypass soon. Should be cake now.

Thanks!

first of all...thanks for tips....

I made sure the disc was burned as an "IMAGE"

when I press map......the map screen comes up....then system says

"Already Updated"

I press reset.

DVD/Functionality goes in and out. Will not stay working

Do I continue to keep pressing RESET?

OR......did my Sound Advice Installer not due a proper Two-Wire by pass?

I am close to going crazy....and am getting really good at throwing CD-R disc down my driveway

Help?