AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the wire bypass with no problem. Burned the disc and can view all files on cd in windows explorer. Insert the disc, then it says it has already been updated. I just bought the HU, nothing has been done other then the wire bypass. Is it already installed?

Yep, you should be good to go!

Hello,

Can any one help me, the link below does not work . I tryed down loading and when it is done , it says network is not avaliable. :cry::?:

Thanks in addvance,

=================

Files:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9WRHDYJ2

-------------------METHOD 2 (assed out easy)------------------

CDROM ISO!!!!

1. Download this 30MB file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7

2. Burn to CD or DVD.

3. Insert in Z2, press Map, and run the update!

4. Press the recessed reset button once, and your Z2 is now 2-wire bypassable.

This is for Z2 UNITS ONLY!!!! This will not upgrade your Z1, and actually might leave it unusable, as it relies on some firmware that isn't installed. Turns out the update disc was pretty easy to cut down to just the files needed to update for the bypass.

Enjoy!

Moderator Edit: if you want the directions to the 2 wire bypass it's posted here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

I believe i have a real problem....

First let me say i had done the bypass succussfully on my Z2 unit before the "freeze" update was re;eased by pioneer. Now many people had success with this while i did not. After trying to install the update the unit says the update failed and rendered the unit useless, literally. No reset would enablethe use of the unit. If i had a copy of the harddrive i'm sure that would have done it but in any case i sent it to pioneer and they "installed the Freeze update" for me.

Here's where the kicker gets in, now the unit works wonderfully and doesnt freeze;, however my bypass is lost. I thought i'd try to download the ISO provided as i did the last time. After putting the disc in, unit says update already installed.I have triple checked my connections and the mute wire i used for wire #2 is locked in the connector as it was when the bypass worked. i have reinstalled the grounding wires to a differnt place where i know they are grounded and then back to the origina position where it worked before sending it to pioneer.

Is there anything i can do? Anything you suggest? I read most of the time it is problems in the grounding of wire #2 i'm quite confident that this is not the case. I have pressed the rest button in order for any changes i made to take effect but the parking brake error message pops up.

I looked at the OS version number and found 2.0000 i thooought i rembered seeing it at something other than 2.000 is this wrong?

Thanks Hyperite, but i can't get it to work. After I insert the disc and press map is says "CD ROM inserted" and nothing else happens. Am I missing a step?

You either didn't press map, or didn't burn it as an image. We've covered it dozens of times in this thread, but if you put the disc in your computer, you should see a whole bunch of files. If you just see one, you did it wrong.

P.S. Empress Audio in Gulfport, MS wanted me to have them do the unlock for me. I told them I had the .ISO and did the 2 wire bypass and the guy said "well if you have any problems with it we can run it for you for $20. :shock: "

So the guy knew I had downloaded the .ISO and did the bypass myself but he thought I would give him $20 to run the damn thing!! Amazing! :twisted:

I'm told the Z2's manufactured after July 07 do not except the bypass that worked on the earlier Z2s. Has anyone succesfuly bypassed a Z2 manufactured in August or later yet? I'm having mine installed in a F250 without a bypass and I'm not too happy about it, but taking the risk that the problem will eventually be solved (like within a few months if not already).