AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I did this software update and my install shop swears the two wire bypass is in place however its not bypassed. Im trying to reinstall the bypass software but for the life of me it wont start another update. Is it normal for the the until to not take another update once its installed or am I not burning the software correctly? HELP! Frustrated......

If its already been updated, it will tell you it has already been updated when you put the disk in. But probably only if you are burning the disk properly

Hey guys, I did this software update and my install shop swears the two wire bypass is in place however its not bypassed. Im trying to reinstall the bypass software but for the life of me it wont start another update. Is it normal for the the until to not take another update once its installed or am I not burning the software correctly? HELP! Frustrated......
I tried to down load the ACIC2Z bypass as per the instructions and when I click on the link / 1. Download this 30MB file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7 / the web page shows a description but no file to click on for the down load. Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks.....

In the upper right hand corner it says "Enter" followed by three automatically generated letters. Enter those letter in the box in front of the word "Download" then click Download.

post-9580-12872753166452_thumb.png

I just installed the 2 wire bypass in my new 2008 Toyota Camry XLE. Everything went fine. Software update was already installed.

Instructions for removal of Navigation Receiver in subject auto:

First, remove the Instrument Panel No 2 Register Assembly (above the Navigation Receiver). This allows you to get to the Navigation Receiver mounting cap screws at the top.

Next, I removed the No 1 & No 2 Instrument Cluster Finish Panel Garnish (This allows you to get to the Upper Console Panel Sub-assembly screws {below the Navigation Receiver}).

Next, I remove the Shift Lever Knob, and the Floor Shift Position Indicator Housing Subassembly, and the Upper Console Rear Panel Sub-assembly.

I then remove the screws holding the Upper Console Panel Sub-assembly, and the Upper Console Panel Sub-assembly.

You can now get to the Navigation Receiver mounting cap screws at the bottom.

Remove the bottom & top Navigation Receiver mounting cap screws, and then remove the Navigation Receiver.

THANKS!!

I got my z2 in the mail today and ran out for a trim kit and wiring harness. Soldered it all up, grounded the two wires for the bypass and burned the iso. Tore my dash to pieces and installed it. I took it for a spin to make sure it worked and sure enough it did!

I have accidentally honked the horn twice now since midnight while trying to reassemble my dash. Im gonna give up and hit the sack before my neighbors kill me.

Thanks to this board and especially Hyperite for a successful install/bypass!! :D:D:D

... the darn unit won't voice-recognize my city, which happens to be the capital of California... Maybe I need to figure a different way to pronounce it...

You need to pronounce it very correctly:

Suck - Rah - Men - tow

:)

I thought you pronounced the capital of CA

Mex - Eee - Co - Sit - Ee :shock:

ive looked through several pages of the thread and couldnt find anything similar to what i am going to ask so....

i can either do method one which is grounding the wires or method two which is doing the update...i understand that...but with method two do i have to have the wires grounded anyways, or am i just confused? :D

Yes, you will have to ground both wires either way

ive looked through several pages of the thread and couldnt find anything similar to what i am going to ask so....

i can either do method one which is grounding the wires or method two which is doing the update...i understand that...but with method two do i have to have the wires grounded anyways, or am i just confused? :D

Whatever you do, the two wires will need to be grounded.