AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, its the same for the Z2. You will need to move the mute wire to the new spot shown in the pictures and ground that wire

Thank you whtcrxghst!

So, you quoted the whole first post, which says in big bold letters...but... eh forget it. I hate this thread too.

Sorry man! I know, I feel like a semi-tard for doing that! Anyway, any thoughts on my post about BT or do you hate those too? lol!

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10996

use NERO http://www.nero.com

and you may wan't to try this update

you dont need the bypass files there included in this 1 also

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 48,00.html

If you use the above link...it instructs you to just download two files...AvicZ1HD1 folder and the basefile.dat...is this the same in the megaupload link? Just curious....Thanks in advance.

No, the megaupload link is only to bypass your deck. The pioneer link you listed is to fix the heat freezing issue, but by coincidence :wink: also makes your deck bypassable

If you use the above link...it instructs you to just download two files...AvicZ1HD1 folder and the basefile.dat...is this the same in the megaupload link? Just curious....Thanks in advance.

Just installed the Z 2 in my F 150 07 King Ranch. I have the factory amp. The by-pass works. When I first turn on my truck I get a quick pop my my sub-amp for about 1 sec. Is this norm or is there something I have to do. I used the harness from CrutchField for the the Z2 to hook up the sub amp.

Are you talking about after market subs and amp? If it was the factory amp, you would get it through all speakers.

did you run your remote(turn-on) to the adapter, or the Avic?

I ran it from the AVIC. I have the steering wheel controls also. It only happens for sec. when I start the truck up. Is that correct? How should it be done? It is a factory Sub. The pop comes from the Sub not all the speakers.

quote="dawgbone"]

Just installed the Z 2 in my F 150 07 King Ranch. I have the factory amp. The by-pass works. When I first turn on my truck I get a quick pop my my sub-amp for about 1 sec. Is this norm or is there something I have to do. I used the harness from CrutchField for the the Z2 to hook up the sub amp.

Are you talking about after market subs and amp? If it was the factory amp, you would get it through all speakers.

did you run your remote(turn-on) to the adapter, or the Avic?

Hello to all, I just had my z2 installed in my Charger SRT8. the shop that did it, did a great job but did not want to do the whole bypass for me. no biggie, still happy with the work. they did hook up the brake wire to a ground but that was the only wire. now my question is, i know if you are not using the mute wire, to move it and use that as a ground. what if you are using that wire because of the blue tooth. what other wire or how should i ground out the second wire location. thank you.

See if there are other wires back there that you are not using. Or you can rob one from another Pioneer harness if you have access to one.

P.S. If you are using the Pioneer bluetooth, you don't use the mute wire.

Hello to all, I just had my z2 installed in my Charger SRT8. the shop that did it, did a great job but did not want to do the whole bypass for me. no biggie, still happy with the work. they did hook up the brake wire to a ground but that was the only wire. now my question is, i know if you are not using the mute wire, to move it and use that as a ground. what if you are using that wire because of the blue tooth. what other wire or how should i ground out the second wire location. thank you.

well i just did the 2-wire bypass and loaded in the update. first it said unreadable cd, then it said update already done. so i put in a movie and went for a drive and everything worked. i did not have to load the update or hit the reset button, just the 2-wire bypass. i am guessing because my unit is new and Pioneer already did the update. thanks to all..

Impossible to tell, the switch was made sometime in June. Just burn the patch just in case. If you stick it in and it says 'already updated,' no harm done. If it updates, then you are good to go

can anybody tell me if a june 07 Z2 needs the update before the 2 wire bypass will work?

Hi Guys I'm planning on getting my new Z2 within a week or two. WHat do I need to look for for the shop to do the bypass for me?

1. Tell then I need a Z2 made after Mid. June?

2. What is the 2 wire bypass and how is it done? So I can tell them what needs to be done?

Thanks so much for any info.

P.S. Can I just the Video on my Ipod video on the Z2? If so how would I do it and what do I need to make it work?

Thanks.