AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

1. Or just download the patch that makes all Z2s bypassable. Can be found here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 83&start=0

2. Follow these instructions even though it says Z1...Same for both

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

Hi Guys I'm planning on getting my new Z2 within a week or two. WHat do I need to look for for the shop to do the bypass for me?

1. Tell then I need a Z2 made after Mid. June?

2. What is the 2 wire bypass and how is it done? So I can tell them what needs to be done?

Thanks so much for any info.

P.S. Can I just the Video on my Ipod video on the Z2? If so how would I do it and what do I need to make it work?

Thanks.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have read the majority of the threads regarding this issue, but im still having probs. I downloaded the "Alcohol 120" program as well as the ISO image. When I try to burn it to a disk, it goes all the way to 99% then takes a crap and states it cant finish there was an error. I have already done the 2 wire bypass and am good to go, I just need to figure out how to get this image on a disk. I have a AV\IC-Z2.

Any suggestions?

k, so new to the forum name is mike live is MS got the z2 in now an 07 F150. It was working, kinda in an 04 that i sold a week ago (it would catch it and i'd have to reset periodically), i had the z2 moved to the new truck and the system notices movement everytime, it has to be sitting still to work. that being said used the bypass as posted here to update the first time, thought it may have been lost during the transfer but when the new disk is inserted it says the update is already there any ideas ???

Hey guys. I flashed the Z2 with that unlock software, and I need to know if this is normal. I haven't done any wiring changes whatsoever, but the locked features now work anytime the car is in motion as long as the EBRAKE is on. I can barely push the ebrake in so it just clicks and then all the features unlock. So is this normal? Do I just need to ground the ebrake wire now??? Speed pulse has never been connected. I was told it is digital on the Mercedes and you need some expensive converter to make it work.

2-wire bypass has been done wrong or has come loose

k, so new to the forum name is mike live is MS got the z2 in now an 07 F150. It was working, kinda in an 04 that i sold a week ago (it would catch it and i'd have to reset periodically), i had the z2 moved to the new truck and the system notices movement everytime, it has to be sitting still to work. that being said used the bypass as posted here to update the first time, thought it may have been lost during the transfer but when the new disk is inserted it says the update is already there any ideas ???

Its probably still calibrating and will start cutting off once it has finished. Do the 2-wire bypass described once it does

Hey guys. I flashed the Z2 with that unlock software, and I need to know if this is normal. I haven't done any wiring changes whatsoever, but the locked features now work anytime the car is in motion as long as the EBRAKE is on. I can barely push the ebrake in so it just clicks and then all the features unlock. So is this normal? Do I just need to ground the ebrake wire now??? Speed pulse has never been connected. I was told it is digital on the Mercedes and you need some expensive converter to make it work.
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, i read as much as i could, but 39 pages is a lot to read!

I just got my Z2 yesterday. had a great audio place install it. they even installed a toggle switch (suppose to emulate the ebrake). Im not sure if they did the 2 wire bypass, but i assume this is what they did.

when i check the config on the deck, it says hardware verison feb 2007.

the box the deck came in says oct 2007.

i tried to do method 2, the software/firmware update, and when i did, it said it was an older version than the current one in the deck.

the toggle, from what i can see, on the ON position, frees up some options that arent clickable. so i assume this is the ebake emulator ON. the issue is, once im in motion, it turns off the DVD. the audio from the DVD is fine, but it says that viewing is prohibited..

I even did a reset (front panel next to the eject button). all that did was freeze the DVD, and so i had to pop it back in.

Any help is appreciated. thanx..

also, talked to my installer/friend. he said that he didnt remember seeing any empty wire holes on any of the wire harnesses. am i facing maybe one of the newests z2's???

First like to thank everyone for finding how to bypass the Z2.

I have a little problem since I downloaded the bypass. I had a friend download the file on his Mac, My z2 updated then said it was done updated then it said it had to reboot. It rebooted and said starting pioneer start up on left top of screen. Then the screen went blank, I tried and reset unit nothing happened, unpluged power nothing happed. So I took the firmwire update disc I got from pioneer and inserted it. It did the update all 92 then right before it was finished it said update failed.

Now my Z2 just says "starting pioneer navigation on left top of screen and then flips to a screen that says starting update and then says update failed. then satrts over again.

Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks for any help

Sounds like you fucked up the filesystem by loading two incomplete firmware updates. If it says it's continuing the update before it gets into the map application, it should do the same without any disc in. Empty the CD player, push the reset button and it should finish up the second part of the update. If it boots into the map, put the bypass disc in again and see what it does. If it all goes for broke, you might end up having to pull your HD and reload the image, or sending to pioneer.

Thanks for the quick responds....

I tried everything, from reseting unit to pulling power. (Not tech so don't know what you mean by messing with HDD) Still says starting Nav on left hand side then goes to the update system to system update failed. then starts over again. Talked to someone from pioneer and they said I should try and do a hard reboot. Which means to hold reset when vehicle off then turn, then start vehicle then when start up screen comes on hold map button. It should say clear files then you can confirm it, but my unit will not allow me to get to that step. Any one try this before or heard of it? Any help is better then where I'm at now. There to get fixed before big trip this weekend.