AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the software approach (method 2). Release e-brake and don't get items software suppose to allow access to. Retry with disk and it tells me the update has already been done, but I'm not getting the results.

When you copy it to your disk is it just the .iso file or allow it to copy where it puts several folders and a .dat file?

I actually am having the same problem i did the 2 wire grounding myself and still having the same problem it worked at one pont but since then it goes back to the same thing saying that it is not hooked up right, therefore not being able to control it while the car is in motion, but if i reset it while im driving and let it come back on it works but its not worth it considering it changes some settings. So there most be a new mod that has to be done. But one ? i do have is do the 2 ground wires have to be grounded together or can they be grounded 2 different places?

Something has come loose. Check both grounds, and that the pin you moved is in the new location solidly

I actually am having the same problem i did the 2 wire grounding myself and still having the same problem it worked at one pont but since then it goes back to the same thing saying that it is not hooked up right, therefore not being able to control it while the car is in motion, but if i reset it while im driving and let it come back on it works but its not worth it considering it changes some settings. So there most be a new mod that has to be done. But one ? i do have is do the 2 ground wires have to be grounded together or can they be grounded 2 different places?

Hi, All--

I've read through all 42 pages of this thread . . . at the beginning of the thread, and in a few quoted posts within it, Hyperite has indicated that this firware update is for a Z2 ONLY, but I could have sworn I saw a couple of posts where people had upgraded their Z1's to Z2's, and applied this firmware upgrade.

I am about to install the Z2 Bypassed image onto a Toshiba MK4026GAX HDD that I ordered, and if I have read correctly, the firmware on this disk image is v2.0000.

Can someone clarify whether after installing this image, I can then update the firmware of my Z1 to the later, Z2-specific 2.14 firmware with this file?

If this isn't possible, then is there a firmware update available for the Z1 anywhere, and if so, where?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, All--

I've read through all 42 pages of this thread . . . at the beginning of the thread, and in a few quoted posts within it, Hyperite has indicated that this firware update is for a Z2 ONLY, but I could have sworn I saw a couple of posts where people had upgraded their Z1's to Z2's, and applied this firmware upgrade.

I am about to install the Z2 Bypassed image onto a Toshiba MK4026GAX HDD that I ordered, and if I have read correctly, the firmware on this disk image is v2.0000.

Can someone clarify whether after installing this image, I can then update the firmware of my Z1 to the later, Z2-specific 2.14 firmware with this file?

If this isn't possible, then is there a firmware update available for the Z1 anywhere, and if so, where?

Thanks in advance!

If you upgrade your Z1 to the "Z2 Bypassed image", you won't need to bypass it again. If you upgrade your Z1 to the Z2 via pioneer upgrade disc, you also don't need to do this, as it already contains the update. The firmware update you're referring to is NOT addressed in this thread (2.00000 is the software version), but is available on the pioneer site (search the forum for a link) if you experience hard drive instability/freezing.

Something has come loose. Check both grounds, and that the pin you moved is in the new location solidly

Ok Previously i did not move the Pin now that i did that i grounded the green wire and the black ground from the radio and it worked for a day and i then got in the car today and the "brake not hooked up" screen came on and i was pissed again. The wire i put in is in there quite secure i dont know what im doing wrong that everyone else is doing right?

Help!

hey guys I have been reading though this and I have one question about the bypass. I made the 2 wire connections and loaded the update, now movies play while driving but the navigation buttons gray out once I get going 5 + mph. Is there a way to get the navigation buttons to work while driving at any speed. Thank you guy very much.

I downloaded the file "Z2BypassUpdate.iso" and burned an image using Nero but when I inserted the disk into the drive, with parking brake on, the deck said "old version update disc inserted. Please insert new version to update"

my deck's vitals:

Version: 02.0000

Is there a newer version?

:roll: