• 1 month later...
  • Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------------METHOD 2 (assed out easy)------------------

CDROM ISO!!!!

1. Download this 30MB file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7

2. Burn to CD or DVD as an image, not using built-in windows burning.

3. Insert in Z2, press Map, and run the update! (e-brake must be applied or wire grounded

4. Press the recessed reset button once, and your Z2 is now 2-wire bypassable.

This is for Z2 UNITS ONLY!!!! This will not upgrade your Z1, and actually might leave it unusable, as it relies on some firmware that isn't installed. Turns out the update disc was pretty easy to cut down to just the files needed to update for the bypass.

Enjoy!

I tried all steps as per the above directions exept below (4), now device is freezing at the start up. help will be greatly appreciated.

Where is this reset button?

After 3rd step of the process, system restarted and completed the updates and again automatically started re-booting but frozen at "Poineer Car Navigation system starting ....", I did not see any reset button to perform step 4.

Do I have to remove the unit from the car dash and ground the 2 wires? if not unit will not start?

Please help, I have a plan to leave this evening for 8 hours drive for the long week-end, it seems my journey will be most ridiculous ever, even radio is not working.

May be I screwed up, I lately installed pioneer provided firmware update to resolve the over heat freezing, do you guys think is this a problem?

Thanks folks

• 1 month later...

I used the second method and everything went great, the only problem is that my backup camera is not working anymore. It was installed as AV. Do you know what happend?

Thanks

-------------------METHOD 2 (assed out easy)------------------

CDROM ISO!!!!

1. Download this 30MB file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7

2. Burn to CD or DVD as an image, not using built-in windows burning.

3. Insert in Z2, press Map, and run the update! (e-brake must be applied or wire grounded

Go into the settings and turn your backup camera back 'on'. It's in the AV settings.

I need your help again garrettoomey.

I did what you said to bypass my Avic Z2 (the second way) and it was working great untill today. Now, whenever I turn on my Z2 it shows on the screen: "System detected improper connection of Parking brake lead. Please check your configuration for safety..." and doesn't allows me to play dvd while driving anymore.

I'm not sure but I guess that shows because the guy that installed tried to bypassed it by changing the parking brake cables trying to say that my parking brake is always on. It use to show that same message before but whenever I did your bypass didn't show anymore and it was playing my dvd while driving.

Do you know what can I do? If I remove that cable that pretends the parking break is always on would that change anything? after that I could do the bypass again?

Thanks again

It sounds like your '2nd wire' has come loose, or is not making a good connection with ground. The pin may have come loose from the connector if you did not snap it in good.

Can you explain me on an easier way? I'm not very good with those technical stuf. Do I need that wire that pretends my parking break is always on?

thank