AVIC411.com

Free 70-mtp disks

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone finished downloading these and tried the disks, are they working disks? anyone know what kind of differences are on these disks from the 60 version (aside from the maps - for all your smart @sses). I mean any interface upgrades, iPod namely? Lastly, does the bypass still work on the N1 with these disks (the soldering bypass)

I could not successfully burn the image as is after extraction (Alcohol kept telling me it was not a valid image format). I ended up loading it into UltraISO and saving it with a different name (but still as an mds file). Once I did that I stripped the POI files and resaved it, then burned it onto a DVD-RW, and that worked fine. I've since added my boot image and the BG folder into it both a stripped and full image for testing. I'll be burning the stripped one next to make sure all the images are there (POS, etc) and if so, will burn the full version on a DL disc. As of now I don't know what, if any differences there are other than the maps.

I ended up updating to the latest version of Alcohol, and everything works fine now.

i noticed new streets (obviosly) on the WEST disc and also noticed that certain areas on the maps (ie. residential, commercial, industrial) show up with different colors. Oh yea, and the bootup screen reads PIONEER 05/07... can't forget about that. hehe

I had to convert the mds file I think(whichever was the bigger of the two files) to an ISO and then burnt it. I used MagicISO and then burned with decrypter. Worked great first try! I think there's an easier way to do it though if someone can enlighten us. I believe it involves the second file somehow but not sure.

I've notice that they f*cked up some slot of the streets on the east disk..On the 50mpt disk t he had all the streets connected but with the 70mpt some streets split when they really dont..I also lost some new streets that were on the other map weird

Oh the maps up here suck bad...Like i stated in the last post my 50m have the roads if u go to the web site u can send them info to correct the streets..i dont know why they would leave half a street? lol i dunno im going to try to just copy the map data from a 50 disk to a 70disk and add some background pics... I hope that will work

I was able to download the image and got it to work. My first attempt kept giving me "read error" from my N3, and as suspected, it was simply a media error (not all blank dual layer DVD's are the same). After using a good piece of media, worked like a charm. Been on the new software for 2 weeks and no problems so far.

As stated in previous posts, there are no GUI updates or interface changes. Just updated map data and POIs. The update does not erase your settings (address book, histories, EQ settings, etc are preserved).

HTH