AVIC411.com

Protection for your Z1?

I would be interested, but cost is a significant driver. I've been looking on EBay to get a cheap stock radio that I would deface and check the rest. If what you are making is a simple "flat" panel to fit around the Z1 that would be great.

It would also help resolve the issue with the Z1's screen in direct sunlight, which can cause pre-mature failure. This wouldn't be covered under warranty (neglect).

-Jeff
I would be interested in the cover.

Maybe you could design a generic flat cover that could be customized with a photo image of different factory radios so it would match different applications. For example, mine is going into a Ford Explorer, so a high quality image of the standard Ford radio could be applied so it would appear to be a factory install.
Mine is going into a Mustang, so the "stock" radi will look basically the same... that's the general idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Basicaly, I'm working with a guy localy who is going to fabricate one for me, then hopefully it will be cost effective so everyone can get one.