AVIC411.com

Tested Phones for Z1

I'm pretty sure the V3m does not have OBEX. There was one version of the V3c which did from Verizon, they accidentally left it in. And the Altel firmware might have it as well, but I think that's just to bring back the Moto UI and kill the Verizon UI.

You can flash the V3m with V3c firmware but (and this was taken from HowardForums) V3M users, please to NOT flash your phone with the Alltel V3C firmware, or you will basically end up with a V3C phone... (you loose the use of the TF slot, Vcast music supoort, the Verizon Music player, etc..)

From my understanding that's the only way to enable OBEX on the V3m, is to lose the other stuff.

F150 Duke, I'm not trying to dissagree with you or anything, if there is another way, I can't wait for the 4 days to be over for you to tell me. I would love to mess with the V3m a little more (I did the standard seem edits).

Mark Venture on those forums seems to be the man when it comes to moto phones.

[url=http://mark.cdmaforums.com/]http://mark.cdmaforums.com/[/url]

If there is something he would know about it. He said:

The V3M only has the Headset/Handsfree profile and DUN profile when it comes to bluetooth.. No Bluetooth OBEX File Transfer profile... and no way to enable it.. So Bluetooth file transfers can only be done via the MPT software in Windows AFTER SEEM EDIT...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ducatiboy"]I'm pretty sure the V3m does not have OBEX. There was one version of the V3c which did from Verizon, they accidentally left it in. And the Altel firmware might have it as well, but I think that's just to bring back the Moto UI and kill the Verizon UI.

You can flash the V3m with V3c firmware but (and this was taken from HowardForums) V3M users, please to NOT flash your phone with the Alltel V3C firmware, or you will basically end up with a V3C phone... (you loose the use of the TF slot, Vcast music supoort, the Verizon Music player, etc..)

From my understanding that's the only way to enable OBEX on the V3m, is to lose the other stuff.

F150 Duke, I'm not trying to dissagree with you or anything, if there is another way, I can't wait for the 4 days to be over for you to tell me. I would love to mess with the V3m a little more (I did the standard seem edits).

Mark Venture on those forums seems to be the man when it comes to moto phones.

[url=http://mark.cdmaforums.com/]http://mark.cdmaforums.com/[/url]

If there is something he would know about it. He said:

The V3M only has the Headset/Handsfree profile and DUN profile when it comes to bluetooth.. No Bluetooth OBEX File Transfer profile... and no way to enable it.. So Bluetooth file transfers can only be done via the MPT software in Windows AFTER SEEM EDIT...[/quote]

Yeah I'll check back in 4 days and see if I can find that thread. It wouldn't be so bad to lose the V3M benefits (TF slot, Vcast music supoort, the Verizon Music player) if those were it. I'll never end up using Vcast since I thought you have to pay extra service fees for it, and music on my cell won't happen since I have an iPod.

Either way I'm going to wait for Verizon to come out with the Canary. It's like the Razr but have the width or even a CDMA version of the SLVR. Who knows, we might get lucky and those will have fully optional BT. I've decided I'm not going to buy the i870 to stay with Nextel and have BT. Verizon coverage looks a little better.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong about the V3M and maybe it was the V3C I was reading about. So does the SEEM edit allow you to do BT file transfers of your address book on the Verizon V3M?

Duke
Guest isdnmatt
[quote name="guitar7272"]Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Verizon
Transfer: One-by-one
Calling: Fully functional[/quote]

Motorola Q could not maintain bluetooth connection as I got in and out of the car. It would connect on the intial boot-up, but if I left the car would not reconnect when I got back in.

Motorola E815 works EXCELLENT in every way except for the phonebook transfer.

Motorola V3c works just like the E815 with no problems, but again no phonebook transfer.

I'm currently using the V3c flashed to Alltel and it's the best of both worlds. It has the OPP and OBEX profiles and you can transfer entries one by one only.
[quote name="isdnmatt"]
I'm currently using the V3c flashed to Alltel and it's the best of both worlds. It has the OPP and OBEX profiles and you can transfer entries one by one only.[/quote]
How'd you do that? I don't own a Razr, but it sounds interesting.
My phone: Verizon
Treo 700W (WITH software update)
Phonebook: non-functional- must type in manually.
Functionality: Eh, so-so. It connects fine, multiple times, with car running (in the car, out of car, in the car, etc.) but randomly loses BT connection while in call.
Another gentleman on here who also has the 700W said he had the same problem, until he swapped his phone for one WITHOUT the software update, and he no longer has any issues- works great. Must be the update.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]I'm pretty sure the V3m does not have OBEX.

The V3M only has the Headset/Handsfree profile and DUN profile when it comes to bluetooth.. No Bluetooth OBEX File Transfer profile... and no way to enable it.. So Bluetooth file transfers can only be done via the MPT software in Windows AFTER SEEM EDIT...[/quote]

Can you still enter your contacts in the Z1 manually???

Its not like I have the phone full of contacts, only 25 or so. I was hoping that you could still add them manually to the contact list on the Z1

Thanks
[quote name="Anonymous"]Can you still enter your contacts in the Z1 manually???

Its not like I have the phone full of contacts, only 25 or so. I was hoping that you could still add them manually to the contact list on the Z1

Thanks[/quote]

Yes you can. Absolutely, you can enter them manually.
I have Samsung t809 from T-Mo and it works...at least the phone does. I have not tried transferring data yet. We'll see how that turns out.

UPDATE: transferring data works!! It's one-by-one but it works.

UPDATE: I was wrong, it can transfer your whole phonebook (of course there is a limit of 400). This is great!!!!!