AVIC411.com

Tested Phones for Z1

With all the topics about which phones work and which ones don't I thought it would be good to start compiling a list of those phones that have been tested and work. I think it would be great to include the carrier you're on, and if you have full use of the phone (upload of contacts, etc.), or if you are limited essentially to making and receiving phones.

I'll keep a running list in this post so users don't have to scroll through the whole thread.

[b]Cingular[color=white]____________[/color]Transfer Contacts[color=white]____[/color]Calling[/b]
[i]Motorola RAZR V3[color=white]________[/color]One-by-One[color=white]__________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
[i]Motorola SLVR L7[color=white]________[/color]One-by-One[color=white]__________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
[i]Motorola V551[color=white]__________[/color]Unknown[color=white]____________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
[i]Treo 650[color=white]______________[/color]One-by-One[color=white]__________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]

[b]Verizon[color=white]____________-[/color]Transfer Contacts[color=white]____[/color]Calling[/b]
[i]XV6700[color=white]_______________[/color]One-by-One[color=white]__________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
[i]Motorola Q[color=white]_____________[/color]One-by-One[color=white]__________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
[i]LG VX9800[color=white]____________-[/color]One-by-One[color=white]__________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
[i]Motorola V710[color=white]__________[/color]Not Supported[color=white]________-[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
[i]Motorola E815[color=white]__________[/color]Not Supported[color=white]________-[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
[i]Motorola RAZR V3M[color=white]______[/color]Not Supported[color=white]________-[/color]Fully Functional[/i]

[b]Sprint[color=white]_____________-[/color]Transfer Contacts[color=white]____[/color]Calling[/b]
[i]PPC-6700[color=white]______________[/color]One-by-One[color=white]__________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]

[b]Unlocked[color=white]___________-[/color]Transfer Contacts[color=white]____[/color]Calling[/b]
[i]Motorola Mpx220[color=white]_________[/color]One-by-One[color=white]__________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
[i]Motorola SLVR L6[color=white]________-[/color]One-by-One[color=white]__________[/color]Fully Functional[/i]
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't have a Z1, I do have a Treo 650. I think you can send the entire phonebook "category" all at the same time. The Treo sorts contacts by the following list: Personal, Business, Quicklist, Unfiled, etc.

By selecting the menu at the contact screen and choosing "Send Category" you should be able to send your entire phonebook category with all the contacts in it at once.

Someone with a Z1 and Treo should try this.
Jason is correct. You can send the entire phonebook at once on a Treo 650 by setting the category at "All" and choosing "Send Category" from the Treo menu.

But be aware that if you have contacts with multiple phone numbers (Home, Office, Cell, Fax) in your Treo phonebook, the Z1 will create a separate contact for each phone number. The Z1 will label all of these the same (i.e. "John Smith"). You will then have to manually change the label on the Z1. Since the Z1 only allows 400 contacts, you will run out of storage space after 100-150 contacts if they in fact have multiple phone numbers.
I remember reading on [url=http://www.howardforums.com]www.howardforums.com[/url] (before I was banned for posting ONE repeat thread - the mod is a real jerk), the V3M Razr from Verizon actually does do OBJEX transfers and will transfer contact by contact to a BT head unit. The advertising said no for the phone, but when actually used, it worked.

When my ban is up in 4 days, I'll provide the link. Or feel free to look for it yourself. Verizon Forum > Phone Forum > Motorola Forum and you should find it. Just don't post a repeat thread or you'll get banned.

Duke
[quote name="skicrave"]That's good to know, as it will definitely save some time for other individuals. If we can confirm that OBEX will work, I'll update the info here.[/quote]

Yup this a great thread. Can someone make a run to [url=http://www.howardforums.com]www.howardforums.com[/url] and confirm about the Razr on Verizon with OBJEX BT transfers? I'm going to be blocked for 4 days.

Also, we'll have a bunch of new phone options coming up soon from Verizon.

Duke