AVIC411.com

I have to agree about the DVD part. Even with it bypassed, I never watch movies on my 5120 nor with the D3. My biggest thing about these new ones is the voice control for the iPod (I am forever trying to scroll through my 20,000 songs) and the bluetooth control as well. The MSN Direct has me sold on the 900BT though.

So you are paying $250 for MSN Direct then. Seems to be steep since you have to pay a monthly fee too.

I won't be paying MSRP for this. I expect to pay at the most about $1000 or less. Also, there is a one time fee for MSN Direct at $130. For gas prices and traffic guidance, the extra money is not that big of a deal. Hell, I'm already paying a ton of money for a nav system, I might as well go all the way with it. I plan on keeping this one until I get rid of the car.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you mis-typed

F500 = portable w/ MSN

F700 = double din w/ CD player

F900 = double din w/ DVD player and MSN

F90 = Premier double din w/ DVD player, 2 year warranty, 4-volt preouts, ipod cable, and gloss black finish

F500 = portable version

F900 == F700, however F500 has CD player, F900 has DVD player

There are also differences in the way the GPS works and updates between the 700 AND 900/90 models. The 700 uses GPS only but the 900/90 use GPS and speed sense. Ideally the 900/90 will be a little more accurate. Also the 900/90 will have 3D landmark icons. And the 90 is the only unit with 3 hivolt preouts and comes with the ipod cable.

I have to agree about the DVD part. Even with it bypassed, I never watch movies on my 5120 nor with the D3. My biggest thing about these new ones is the voice control for the iPod (I am forever trying to scroll through my 20,000 songs) and the bluetooth control as well. The MSN Direct has me sold on the 900BT though.

So you are paying $250 for MSN Direct then. Seems to be steep since you have to pay a monthly fee too.

I won't be paying MSRP for this. I expect to pay at the most about $1000 or less. Also, there is a one time fee for MSN Direct at $130. For gas prices and traffic guidance, the extra money is not that big of a deal. Hell, I'm already paying a ton of money for a nav system, I might as well go all the way with it. I plan on keeping this one until I get rid of the car.

All the units will come with 30 MSN direct for free. Also there is some indication that these units will not support DIVX on release. Seems pioneer decided at the last minute to remove that feature because on codec licensing issue. It appears they will support .avi and quicktime as an alternative.

There are also differences in the way the GPS works and updates between the 700 AND 900/90 models. The 700 uses GPS only but the 900/90 use GPS and speed sense. Ideally the 900/90 will be a little more accurate. Also the 900/90 will have 3D landmark icons. And the 90 is the only unit with 3 hivolt preouts and comes with the ipod cable.

Not a big deal. My DNX5120 doesn't have speed sense and it works fine. 3D landmarks, whoopee.

Also there is some indication that these units will not support DIVX on release. Seems pioneer decided at the last minute to remove that feature because on codec licensing issue. It appears they will support .avi and quicktime as an alternative.

That would suck. :(

Sorry for replying late I havent been on in a few days. The 1/2 din dvd media player with usb and sd card slot is made by:

Deisel Audio Model# NS 1/2 DD

It has I think 5 inputs 2 RCA-----1 phono plug -Video/Audio -------1 USB Slot ----------- and 1 SD card input

I dont know if any of you have realized the main drawback to the AVIC-F700BT. If you look at the europe site http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/10/2 ... index.html you will see that there is only 1 pre-out for your (S/W). They kinda Snuck it in there. This is the reason why I will have to go with the AVIC-F900BT. I wanted to ask if anyone has msrp pricing for all the units in the US yet, and if there is anyone on the web that shows them for sale or pre-sale.

I dont know if any of you have realized the main drawback to the AVIC-F700BT. If you look at the europe site http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/10/2 ... index.html you will see that there is only 1 pre-out for your (S/W). They kinda Snuck it in there. This is the reason why I will have to go with the AVIC-F900BT. I wanted to ask if anyone has msrp pricing for all the units in the US yet, and if there is anyone on the web that shows them for sale or pre-sale.

Why the heck would you want just a subwoofer preout?

Divx on DVD will still be supported. Pulled the certification for the SD card only

Also there is some indication that these units will not support DIVX on release. Seems pioneer decided at the last minute to remove that feature because on codec licensing issue. It appears they will support .avi and quicktime as an alternative.

US models have three 2-volt preouts, except the Premier that has three 4-volt. I think he said $1100 for the 900BT and $850 for the 700BT. Can't remember the portable...I think $600\